Whatever stock rise Julio had, he may have lost
-
Report: Julio Jones will require foot surgery
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 28, 2011, 8:44 PM EST
One day after burning up the Combine, we learned some potentially damaging news about wide receiver Julio Jones.
Charley Casserly reported on NFL Network Monday that medical tests at the Combine revealed Jones will require surgery for his foot. It’s pretty amazing Jones was able to run a 4.39 forty anyway, but this must have been a pre-existing injury the wideout simply wasn’t aware of while training for Indianapolis.
Jones’ strong Combine effort seemingly helped to solidify his standing as a likely top-15 pick. We heard similar optimism at this time last year about Demaryius Thomas’ broken foot, which remained a problem for him after Denver drafted him. Michael Crabtree, on the other, had a similar injury and enjoyed a productive rookie year.
While Casserly reports Jones should be able to recover in eight weeks, this news won’t help Jones’ stock.
Then again, perhaps the injury will bother NFL teams less because they may not be practicing anyway for a lot longer than eight weeks.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/report-julio-jones-will-require-foot-surgery/
-
This is very surprising. I can't believe he was able to run a 4.39 on a bad foot. I feel bad for the kid. He lit up the combine and his stock still falls.
-
-
If anything for me it just proves hes all that much tougher, to run a 4.39 on a bad foot that needs surgery is very impressive
if you ask me
If anything for me it just proves hes all that much tougher, to run a 4.39 on a bad foot that needs surgery is very impressive
if you ask me
I agree...I think this kid has got that toughness the Browns need. Anyone that can go out and run a 4.39 at all is something special...but to do it on a bad foot is insane. I won't say that we should take him over Green at 6...but I won't say we shouldn't either. I will say that I believe the powers that be in Berea have a very difficult decision to make at 6. I hope they make the right one!
-
If anything for me it just proves hes all that much tougher, to run a 4.39 on a bad foot that needs surgery is very impressive
if you ask me
-
-
-
i've actually heard from alot of people that as long as his surgery goes well it will actually help his stock. the man ran a sub 4.4 40yrd dash on a broken foot? just think what he'll do with no broken bones. talks about toughness and commitment.
nope, him doing so well and then the news coming out about his injury? now he just looks like superman.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login