Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. AJ Hawk

AJ Hawk

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
29 Posts 19 Posters 2.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • jasont44094 J
    • 225 Posts
    • 4 Reputation
    J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    AJ Hawk got released http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/02/packers-cut-a-j-hawk/ should we try to see if he would sign with us now or after a new CBA?

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 100 Reputation
      ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I am an avid O$U basher and even I wouldn't mind giving Hawk (and Gholston) a shot. They are both young and can still play. Hawk has had a solid career but has never lived up to the number 5 overall pick. He has played more like a 2nd rounder.

      Gholston I think is just a guy who was playing the wrong position. If he gets a shot at a 4-3 DE he could be solid.

      once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
      N Mr. TM 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

        I am an avid O$U basher and even I wouldn't mind giving Hawk (and Gholston) a shot. They are both young and can still play. Hawk has had a solid career but has never lived up to the number 5 overall pick. He has played more like a 2nd rounder.

        Gholston I think is just a guy who was playing the wrong position. If he gets a shot at a 4-3 DE he could be solid.

        Nw220 N
        • 1k Posts
        • 27 Reputation
        N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @clevelandfanforlife said:

        I am an avid O$U basher and even I wouldn't mind giving Hawk (and Gholston) a shot. They are both young and can still play. Hawk has had a solid career but has never lived up to the number 5 overall pick. He has played more like a 2nd rounder.

        Gholston I think is just a guy who was playing the wrong position. If he gets a shot at a 4-3 DE he could be solid.

        I feel the same way as long as Hawk would come for the right price i would love to have him on the team, and i also believe Ghouslton needs a change of scenecry and a differnet scheme where he can just put his hand down and rush the passer,instead of playing upright some people just cant adjust to that

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • ClevelandBigDawg C
          • 571 Posts
          • 8 Reputation
          C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          mikeyP72 said:

          I don't understand the cut. He would be great for depth and an upgrade in our LB squad.

          I never hated the Corey Williams pick up after Green Bay dumped him, it looks like they have too much talent over there to know what to do with it all. Wish we had that problem.

          We gave up a second rounder for Williams after he was Franchised or Tendered, one of the two.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • WRREBEL WRREBELW
            • 2k Posts
            • 87 Reputation
            WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
            #5

            He was due 10.6 million dollars. I read that he will probably re sign with greenbay..

            I would pass on him, just because how much he is going to get. The best thing he ever did was brady quinns sister

            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
              • 6k Posts
              • 221 Reputation
              Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
              #6

              The first post of someone who has been released that I agree with on picking him up. Do it Walrus.

              Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 8k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                #7

                The odds of him landing in Cleveland are slim to none, simply because he's a FA that would instantly improve our LB situation. And we all know the football gods aren't going to let that happen.

                I might go root for the Steelers just so the Browns will win.

                I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Rooster Dick Rooster DickR
                  • 411 Posts
                  • 12 Reputation
                  Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  You guys just want to bring back that Brady Quinn connection....

                  Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Rooster DickR Rooster Dick

                    You guys just want to bring back that Brady Quinn connection....

                    Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                    • 3k Posts
                    • 241 Reputation
                    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Chickenwang said:

                    You guys just want to bring back that Brady Quinn connection....

                    I remember watching Hawk kick Quinn's ass while his sister wore the whole double Jersey thing. She is so hot at least Brady's parents did one good thing in their lives.

                    Hawk was only let go because his stats at this point did not translate into the pay check he was getting. I really don't think he will resign with Greenbay though since they could have just restructured his contract instead of cutting him if it was just money that they were worries about. They will have a chance to resign him but expect him to shop around first. He loves Ohio so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was interest coming back home and I also think he won't get paid a super huge contract, nothing around the 10 million he was supposed to get next year, but 3-5 million isn't out of the question with his level of play. Also he is a great leader on defense. Would be a solid pick up and allow us to use Gocong in more of a back up role and situational pass rusher since that is actually what he is better at anyway.

                    Ruining threads since 1897.
                    B J 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                      Chickenwang said:

                      You guys just want to bring back that Brady Quinn connection....

                      I remember watching Hawk kick Quinn's ass while his sister wore the whole double Jersey thing. She is so hot at least Brady's parents did one good thing in their lives.

                      Hawk was only let go because his stats at this point did not translate into the pay check he was getting. I really don't think he will resign with Greenbay though since they could have just restructured his contract instead of cutting him if it was just money that they were worries about. They will have a chance to resign him but expect him to shop around first. He loves Ohio so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was interest coming back home and I also think he won't get paid a super huge contract, nothing around the 10 million he was supposed to get next year, but 3-5 million isn't out of the question with his level of play. Also he is a great leader on defense. Would be a solid pick up and allow us to use Gocong in more of a back up role and situational pass rusher since that is actually what he is better at anyway.

                      BuckeyeBrown B
                      • 70 Posts
                      • 7 Reputation
                      B BuckeyeBrown wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                      I remember watching Hawk kick Quinn's ass while his sister wore the whole double Jersey thing. She is so hot at least Brady's parents did one good thing in their lives.

                      Personally I think the younger sister is hotter. The older one (one hawk married) as always been known as a big ho. I'm also from dublin, different highschools though.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Squintz S
                        • 508 Posts
                        • 5 Reputation
                        S Squintz wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I wouldn't mind bringing him in at all. Solid LB, not flashy - but he did lead the Super Bowl champs in tackles...

                        CHANGE IS GOOD
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 87 Reputation
                          WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          wait! How can you mention how hot his sister looked?

                          Brady quinn didn't look to shabby in a notre dame uni huh?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

                            I am an avid O$U basher and even I wouldn't mind giving Hawk (and Gholston) a shot. They are both young and can still play. Hawk has had a solid career but has never lived up to the number 5 overall pick. He has played more like a 2nd rounder.

                            Gholston I think is just a guy who was playing the wrong position. If he gets a shot at a 4-3 DE he could be solid.

                            Mr. T Mr. TM
                            • 7k Posts
                            • 184 Reputation
                            Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @clevelandfanforlife said:

                            I am an avid O$U basher and even I wouldn't mind giving Hawk (and Gholston) a shot. They are both young and can still play. Hawk has had a solid career but has never lived up to the number 5 overall pick. He has played more like a 2nd rounder.

                            Gholston I think is just a guy who was playing the wrong position. If he gets a shot at a 4-3 DE he could be solid.

                            There is no comparison between Hawk and Gholston. Hawk has outplayed any linebackers that the Browns have drafted over the years.

                            Do you want a Hawk or a Wimbley? I'll take the Hawk anywhere in the first round, The man is a football player.

                            Head or Gut?
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I'm dreamin' here, but Hawk might look pretty darn good playing in a 4-3 for the Browns. He was one of the most dominant College 4-3 linebackers I have ever seen. Maybe a change of schemes would benefit him (AND us!).

                              Only time will tell whether or not the Packers keep him.

                              Mike

                              IN DORSEY I TRUST
                              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Nw220 N
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 27 Reputation
                                N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Could we please try to sign this guy, or at least hope we get a chance once this labor is agreed upon

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                                  Chickenwang said:

                                  You guys just want to bring back that Brady Quinn connection....

                                  I remember watching Hawk kick Quinn's ass while his sister wore the whole double Jersey thing. She is so hot at least Brady's parents did one good thing in their lives.

                                  Hawk was only let go because his stats at this point did not translate into the pay check he was getting. I really don't think he will resign with Greenbay though since they could have just restructured his contract instead of cutting him if it was just money that they were worries about. They will have a chance to resign him but expect him to shop around first. He loves Ohio so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was interest coming back home and I also think he won't get paid a super huge contract, nothing around the 10 million he was supposed to get next year, but 3-5 million isn't out of the question with his level of play. Also he is a great leader on defense. Would be a solid pick up and allow us to use Gocong in more of a back up role and situational pass rusher since that is actually what he is better at anyway.

                                  jnuh J
                                  • 402 Posts
                                  • 27 Reputation
                                  J jnuh wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                  I remember watching Hawk kick Quinn's ass while his sister wore the whole double Jersey thing. She is so hot at least Brady's parents did one good thing in their lives.

                                  Hawk was only let go because his stats at this point did not translate into the pay check he was getting. I really don't think he will resign with Greenbay though since they could have just restructured his contract instead of cutting him if it was just money that they were worries about. They will have a chance to resign him but expect him to shop around first. He loves Ohio so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was interest coming back home and I also think he won't get paid a super huge contract, nothing around the 10 million he was supposed to get next year, but 3-5 million isn't out of the question with his level of play. Also he is a great leader on defense. Would be a solid pick up and allow us to use Gocong in more of a back up role and situational pass rusher since that is actually what he is better at anyway.

                                  Her face is busted. Atleast in the pictures I saw.

                                  As far as Hawk goes ... I would LOVE to see us sign this dude (and Vernon) We are very thin at LB, and DL and can use a few of each before the draft. DL especially is really in a sad state right now. We have one legit lineman in Rubin and at the end of the day who really knows how he transitions from a 3-4 NT to a 4-3 tackle.

                                  With that being said though I can not see us making a good move like this the way our off season has been going already.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 301 Reputation
                                    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    He was cut to restructure a new deal. He's in the process of signing a 5 year deal and I believe flew back to Green Bay yesterday or today to work out the finishing touches.

                                    AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                                    hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • VagitronV Vagitron

                                      He was cut to restructure a new deal. He's in the process of signing a 5 year deal and I believe flew back to Green Bay yesterday or today to work out the finishing touches.

                                      hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 20k Posts
                                      • 5k Reputation
                                      hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
                                      #18

                                      Homotron said:

                                      He was cut to restructure a new deal. He's in the process of signing a 5 year deal and I believe flew back to Green Bay yesterday or today to work out the finishing touches.

                                      AJ will give the 'Pack the SB discount- just like a bunch of players did for the 'Pats.

                                      They got <72 hours to get a deal done, the clock is ticking.

                                      _________________________________________________________________

                                      Mods can now kill all Steeler whiners with the push of a button- behave yourselves.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 270 Reputation
                                        USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by USFBrown
                                        #19

                                        It was a pipe dream. Look's like he's already negotiating a new contract with Green Bay.

                                        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/report-a-j-hawk-flying-back-to-green-bay/

                                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • WRREBELW WRREBEL

                                          He was due 10.6 million dollars. I read that he will probably re sign with greenbay..

                                          I would pass on him, just because how much he is going to get. The best thing he ever did was brady quinns sister

                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @wrrebel said:

                                          He was due 10.6 million dollars. I read that he will probably re sign with greenbay..

                                          I would pass on him, just because how much he is going to get. The best thing he ever did was brady quinns sister

                                          I was going to say, wasn't Hawk their starting inside linebacker? And as far as I had heard he was playing really well. It must have just been the money factor.

                                          (Besides, how do you know that Brady's sister is the best thing he "did". Have you seen all the women he "did")?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better đź’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate