AJ Hawk
-
I'm dreamin' here, but Hawk might look pretty darn good playing in a 4-3 for the Browns. He was one of the most dominant College 4-3 linebackers I have ever seen. Maybe a change of schemes would benefit him (AND us!).
Only time will tell whether or not the Packers keep him.
Mike
-
Chickenwang said:
You guys just want to bring back that Brady Quinn connection....
I remember watching Hawk kick Quinn's ass while his sister wore the whole double Jersey thing. She is so hot at least Brady's parents did one good thing in their lives.
Hawk was only let go because his stats at this point did not translate into the pay check he was getting. I really don't think he will resign with Greenbay though since they could have just restructured his contract instead of cutting him if it was just money that they were worries about. They will have a chance to resign him but expect him to shop around first. He loves Ohio so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was interest coming back home and I also think he won't get paid a super huge contract, nothing around the 10 million he was supposed to get next year, but 3-5 million isn't out of the question with his level of play. Also he is a great leader on defense. Would be a solid pick up and allow us to use Gocong in more of a back up role and situational pass rusher since that is actually what he is better at anyway.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
I remember watching Hawk kick Quinn's ass while his sister wore the whole double Jersey thing. She is so hot at least Brady's parents did one good thing in their lives.
Hawk was only let go because his stats at this point did not translate into the pay check he was getting. I really don't think he will resign with Greenbay though since they could have just restructured his contract instead of cutting him if it was just money that they were worries about. They will have a chance to resign him but expect him to shop around first. He loves Ohio so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was interest coming back home and I also think he won't get paid a super huge contract, nothing around the 10 million he was supposed to get next year, but 3-5 million isn't out of the question with his level of play. Also he is a great leader on defense. Would be a solid pick up and allow us to use Gocong in more of a back up role and situational pass rusher since that is actually what he is better at anyway.
Her face is busted. Atleast in the pictures I saw.
As far as Hawk goes ... I would LOVE to see us sign this dude (and Vernon) We are very thin at LB, and DL and can use a few of each before the draft. DL especially is really in a sad state right now. We have one legit lineman in Rubin and at the end of the day who really knows how he transitions from a 3-4 NT to a 4-3 tackle.
With that being said though I can not see us making a good move like this the way our off season has been going already.
-
He was cut to restructure a new deal. He's in the process of signing a 5 year deal and I believe flew back to Green Bay yesterday or today to work out the finishing touches.
-
He was cut to restructure a new deal. He's in the process of signing a 5 year deal and I believe flew back to Green Bay yesterday or today to work out the finishing touches.
Homotron said:
He was cut to restructure a new deal. He's in the process of signing a 5 year deal and I believe flew back to Green Bay yesterday or today to work out the finishing touches.
AJ will give the 'Pack the SB discount- just like a bunch of players did for the 'Pats.
They got <72 hours to get a deal done, the clock is ticking.
_________________________________________________________________
Mods can now kill all Steeler whiners with the push of a button- behave yourselves.
-
It was a pipe dream. Look's like he's already negotiating a new contract with Green Bay.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/report-a-j-hawk-flying-back-to-green-bay/
-
He was due 10.6 million dollars. I read that he will probably re sign with greenbay..
I would pass on him, just because how much he is going to get. The best thing he ever did was brady quinns sister
He was due 10.6 million dollars. I read that he will probably re sign with greenbay..
I would pass on him, just because how much he is going to get. The best thing he ever did was brady quinns sister
I was going to say, wasn't Hawk their starting inside linebacker? And as far as I had heard he was playing really well. It must have just been the money factor.
(Besides, how do you know that Brady's sister is the best thing he "did". Have you seen all the women he "did")?
-
I'm dreamin' here, but Hawk might look pretty darn good playing in a 4-3 for the Browns. He was one of the most dominant College 4-3 linebackers I have ever seen. Maybe a change of schemes would benefit him (AND us!).
Only time will tell whether or not the Packers keep him.
Mike
I'm dreamin' here, but Hawk might look pretty darn good playing in a 4-3 for the Browns. He was one of the most dominant College 4-3 linebackers I have ever seen. Maybe a change of schemes would benefit him (AND us!).
Only time will tell whether or not the Packers keep him.
Mike
Under any circumstances, the Browns need a linebacker. And it seems to me Hawk could fit that bill.
Or do any of you think that D'Qwell Jackson is going to come back and be even the mediocre LB that he was before he got hurt?
-
It was a pipe dream. Look's like he's already negotiating a new contract with Green Bay.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/report-a-j-hawk-flying-back-to-green-bay/
It was a pipe dream. Look's like he's already negotiating a new contract with Green Bay.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/report-a-j-hawk-flying-back-to-green-bay/
He better finish it before midnight tonight or else no one can sigh with anyone.
Also, can anyone say "Carlos Boozer"? He was released with the promise to restructure his deal with the Cavs, but when someone else came around offering more money, he bolted like Secretariat out of the gate. Hawk could do the same thing if someone came along with a sweeter offer.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Small difference Gip.
Boozer wasn't coming off winning an NBA championship, Hawk just won the SB.
OK, he has now won his championship. Now he may think it is OK to chase the $$$$, fair to say?
-
Even if Hawk does resign with the Packs we can still go after Ruud from the Bucs who said he would not be playing for in Tampa Bay next year.
-
I'm dreamin' here, but Hawk might look pretty darn good playing in a 4-3 for the Browns. He was one of the most dominant College 4-3 linebackers I have ever seen. Maybe a change of schemes would benefit him (AND us!).
Only time will tell whether or not the Packers keep him.
Mike
Under any circumstances, the Browns need a linebacker. And it seems to me Hawk could fit that bill.
Or do any of you think that D'Qwell Jackson is going to come back and be even the mediocre LB that he was before he got hurt?
Under any circumstances, the Browns need a linebacker. And it seems to me Hawk could fit that bill.
Or do any of you think that D'Qwell Jackson is going to come back and be even the mediocre LB that he was before he got hurt?
I have a feeling that if DQ can stay healthy he could actually be a pretty good backer in the 4-3.
-
Under any circumstances, the Browns need a linebacker. And it seems to me Hawk could fit that bill.
Or do any of you think that D'Qwell Jackson is going to come back and be even the mediocre LB that he was before he got hurt?
I have a feeling that if DQ can stay healthy he could actually be a pretty good backer in the 4-3.
-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6177282
Hawk took less to stay in GB.
-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6177282
Hawk took less to stay in GB.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6177282
Hawk took less to stay in GB.
That really sucks but he it goes to show if a team is good just how bad people wanna play there, or if a team isnt good how hard it is to land F/A ala Cleveland
-
Under any circumstances, the Browns need a linebacker. And it seems to me Hawk could fit that bill.
Or do any of you think that D'Qwell Jackson is going to come back and be even the mediocre LB that he was before he got hurt?
I have a feeling that if DQ can stay healthy he could actually be a pretty good backer in the 4-3.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login