Skip to content

5 Free Agents Who Could Step In With The Browns

The Browns Board
22 14 2.9k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Barrett Rudd, LB

    Tyson Clabo RT

    Danny Amendola WR

    Cedric Benson RB

    A. J. Hawk, LB

    Just signing Clabo and Amendola (I hope) would really change the Browns' draft -

    They could definiately go CB, DE/DL, LB, OG

    See slideshow:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/625126-cleveland-browns-five-free-agents-that-could-turn-the-browns-franchise-around#page/1

  • S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Whats the update on Vincent Jackson? Love to have him, but im pretty sure we have no shot

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Vincent jackson has the franchise tag, so 2 first rd picks for a guy who is looking for a hat trick in dui's.

    God no on cedric benson. If hardesty is healthy we would have him and hillis. Benson would not be a good fit. We would need a fast shifty rb who can also play special teams

  • S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I actually have a gut feeling we use up one of our 3rd day picks on a RB like DeMarco Murray. He and Hillis would do damage.

  • I actually have a gut feeling we use up one of our 3rd day picks on a RB like DeMarco Murray. He and Hillis would do damage.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @secondwave said:

    I actually have a gut feeling we use up one of our 3rd day picks on a RB like DeMarco Murray. He and Hillis would do damage.

    We have the SUV. Why is it that everybody forgets the injured players in the offseason?

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #6

    The Raiders and LG Robert Gallery are parting ways this offseason. He's thirty years old, and wants somewhere around $8 million a year, but he won't get that anywhere. I'm sure we could snag him for the RG spot at a comfortable $4 million range. He would instantly improve the offensive line, and with Pashos returning the right side might actually be able to hold a block. I'm tired of defenders getting through that side like water through a sieve.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6178205

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Sidney rice says he's gonna test the market, I say we make him an offer he can't refuse.

  • @secondwave said:

    I actually have a gut feeling we use up one of our 3rd day picks on a RB like DeMarco Murray. He and Hillis would do damage.

    We have the SUV. Why is it that everybody forgets the injured players in the offseason?

    S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We have the SUV. Why is it that everybody forgets the injured players in the offseason?

    DeMarco Murray is different from those two. Not to mention he'd be great insurance.

    No one 'forgot' anything.

  • C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I love how people bitch and moan about Hardesty and that he was injured in college, and now you wanna bring in DeMarco Murray too at a high round pick?

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Hardesty needs to prove he can stay healthy,and if he does i think he will be a great back...I wouldnt mind taking a late round pick on say Hunter from Oklahoma St. or even Jacquizz Rodgers, i think they could add verstality to are offense...We need a quick shifty runner

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    As someone previously mentioned id like to take a look at Sidney Rice, and Eric Weddle on Defense...Someone said Barrett Rudd i wouldnt mind ethier....We can use all the talent we can get, we need to make a big splash in F/A

  • ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I think Mike Sims-Walker might be a good choice.

  • Hardesty needs to prove he can stay healthy,and if he does i think he will be a great back...I wouldnt mind taking a late round pick on say Hunter from Oklahoma St. or even Jacquizz Rodgers, i think they could add verstality to are offense...We need a quick shifty runner

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nw220 said:

    Hardesty needs to prove he can stay healthy,and if he does i think he will be a great back...I wouldnt mind taking a late round pick on say Hunter from Oklahoma St. or even Jacquizz Rodgers, i think they could add verstality to are offense...We need a quick shifty runner

    You know that Hunter from OkSU only ran a 4.46 right? Ya that's faster than Hillis, but not by much and it's about what Hardesty runs.

  • @nw220 said:

    Hardesty needs to prove he can stay healthy,and if he does i think he will be a great back...I wouldnt mind taking a late round pick on say Hunter from Oklahoma St. or even Jacquizz Rodgers, i think they could add verstality to are offense...We need a quick shifty runner

    You know that Hunter from OkSU only ran a 4.46 right? Ya that's faster than Hillis, but not by much and it's about what Hardesty runs.

    N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    You know that Hunter from OkSU only ran a 4.46 right? Ya that's faster than Hillis, but not by much and it's about what Hardesty runs.

    Yeah but a 40 time has nothing to do with with game speed or a way a player plays, ala Hardesty and Hunter are way to different kind of backs

  • I love how people bitch and moan about Hardesty and that he was injured in college, and now you wanna bring in DeMarco Murray too at a high round pick?

    S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    I love how people bitch and moan about Hardesty and that he was injured in college, and now you wanna bring in DeMarco Murray too at a high round pick?

    lmao, I love how "people" round their rhetoric to others in hopes of masquerading it. I also love how these "people" choose not to read carefully.

    I said a 2nd or 3rd day pick. (5th-7th round).

  • P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Green Bay did not tender James Jones. I would really like to see the Browns give him a look.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I love how people can walk and talk at the same time. I also love how some people look, but I am not a fan of others. I also love that people are sentient beings.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I like James Jones but his hands are very questionable and you have to catch the ball in the WCO, id perfer Sidney Rice anyday..Whats the situation on Holmes is he tendered? and for what???

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Jones was tendered by green bay.

    A free agent that could be a steal is Andre Carter. He is a legit pass rusher in a 4-3 but everywhere he goes the team converts to a 3-4 and he just isnt good standing up. Hes in his 30's but Im really rooting for our FO to bring him in he is a very good 4-3 DE.

    Also Tommie Harris could be a decent addition. I dont think he will be asking for big money since hes had a few unproductive season but if he gets hot again hes a pro bowler. Although he could be another S. Rogers, there is a reason the Bears cut him, but they may have just dumped his salary.

    Richard Marshall is an under rated CB out there that is terrific in run support and decent with the press. He is suspect in a zone and isnt the kind of CB you want to leave on an island. He could motivate Wright into the vacant CB position and force S. Brown into looking for a role as a FS(which I an all for)

    I've seen M. Sims-Walker mentioned on here and I do like the idea of bringing him in but his play looks a little like Massaquois. He doesnt do a great job in tight spaces but he does have the ability to make big plays. He needs to be groomed he is very raw but still could be a potential star.

    Jason Snelling is a big back I'd like to see us take a look at. Hes a big powerful runner that can catch the ball out of the backfield. He isnt nimble and isnt going to make anyone miss but after Hillis bullies a defense they wont even want to think of a fresh 240 lb bus coming straight at them. This would also work because you can have Hillis and Snelling playing in the split I together because they can both run block fairly well.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #20
    Is Heckert hoping to sign a safety to start alongside T.J. Ward?

    ''Right now Mike Adams is penciled in as a guy who's going to play almost all safety for us, but we'll see,'' Heckert said. ''There's a few guys in free agency, and we'll see what happens with the undrafted rookies, so we still have a couple of options out there.''

    How about adding a veteran wide receiver to help guide Mohamed Massaquoi, Brian Robiskie and rookie Greg Little?

    ''I feel like we've got some veteran receivers,'' Browns coach Pat Shurmur said. ''Although they're younger, they've played NFL seasons, so I'm looking forward to working with the guys that we have. I feel like we have a good team to start and move forward with, and that's the way we're gonna approach it.''

    Heckert didn't identify wide receiver as a top priority, either. He said the Browns' passing game was upgraded via the draft.

    ''We added a tight end [Jordan Cameron],'' Heckert said. ''We added a fullback [Owen Marecic] who can catch the ball. . . . But if we think somebody can improve us and help us, we'll do it. But I think we did help our receiving as a group. I think we did help our offense.''

    As for the possibility of making a trade once the NFL returns to a business-as-usual state, Heckert shot down the idea that the Browns will trade for a quarterback. They have often been rumored to be interested in entering the sweepstakes for Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb.

    ''You can dispel that,'' Heckert said. ''We're not trading for a quarterback. That one I'll say.''