Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Aj Green

Aj Green

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
13 Posts 9 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • jasont44094 J
    • 225 Posts
    • 4 Reputation
    J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I'm starting to really like him. He has the biggest/fastest burst for wr in the draft with 1.54 at the first 10 yards of 40. Which is important in the west coast offense. There's a ton of talent at defensive line in the draft, so we can get a really good lineman in the second round compared to wrs in the second.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • rich4eagle rich4eagleR One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 39 Reputation
      rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
      #2

      you bet yuass we should draft him with a one pick

      Offense Wins.......Franchise QB's are the key.............Defense keeps you in the game.........Go Buckeyes
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Nw220 N
        • 1k Posts
        • 27 Reputation
        N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Yeah if he somehow makes it past Cincy hes are guy for sure unless Peterson is still on the board then it becomes a tough call, but i dont see Peterson falling to us i think Green has a better chance to land with us

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • jasont44094 J
          • 225 Posts
          • 4 Reputation
          J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I hope Carson leaves so it forces cincy to draft a qb

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • OrangeHelmet-UK OrangeHelmet-UKO
            • 55 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            OrangeHelmet-UKO OrangeHelmet-UK wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I think either AJ Green or Julius Jones would be a good pick for the Browns , we need WRs badly , on the other side of the ball I woul;d be happy with Patrick Peterson or Von Miller

            PCUK
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Nw220 N
              • 1k Posts
              • 27 Reputation
              N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Yeah i got my fingers crossed something will happen that will make Cincy take ethier Cam Newton or Blaine Gabertt,that way we could grab AJ Green...Peterson will most likely be gone but i absoultely love Von Miller hes a future star in the Making...And from what i saw on tape at the Senior bowl where he had to play standing up he was amazing droping back into Coverage and Rushing the QB while playing the Run, The sky is the limit with him he can do just about everything

              hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • akronjoe A
                • 22 Posts
                • 1 Reputation
                A akronjoe wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I cannot comment on players I did not see yet I live in Atlanta and have watched a lot of AJ Green at Georgia. While I have lived in Atlanta over33 years i am and always will be a Browns fan.

                That said we have had a lot of pathetic wrs since our return in 1999 and have never had a wr of this caliber. What can I say, not since Webster Slaughter left town have we had a wr with soft hands, a nice burst to get separation, great adjustment to the ball, looks the ball in, and he is a tall target to boot. I believe he is larry Fitzgerald and better than the Ga tech wr who landed in Detroit. This kid is that good. when you can get a real difference maker you get him.

                Now I may ask are the dlinmen as good as any the last 5 years? Is peterson the best DB in college in the last 5 drafts? This kid is the real deal. he will help colt mcCoy and make our other pedestrian wrs better to keep up with him. he will raise the bar for the entire group and make every QB better. that said what if a top qb is available in rd 2? why not take him and TRADE him into multiple picks at DL, OT, CB, or safety. I hear you about hating to take wrs yet this kid is special. I have not seen enough Peterson to remark. I would even take camini if he is available in the second round( he won't be).

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • akronjoe A
                  • 22 Posts
                  • 1 Reputation
                  A akronjoe wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I cannot comment on players I did not see yet I live in Atlanta and have watched a lot of AJ Green at Georgia. While I have lived in Atlanta over33 years i am and always will be a Browns fan.

                  That said we have had a lot of pathetic wrs since our return in 1999 and have never had a wr of this caliber. What can I say, not since Webster Slaughter left town have we had a wr with soft hands, a nice burst to get separation, great adjustment to the ball, looks the ball in, and he is a tall target to boot. I believe he is larry Fitzgerald and better than the Ga tech wr who landed in Detroit. This kid is that good. when you can get a real difference maker you get him.

                  Now I may ask are the dlinmen as good as any the last 5 years? Is peterson the best DB in college in the last 5 drafts? This kid is the real deal. he will help colt mcCoy and make our other pedestrian wrs better to keep up with him. he will raise the bar for the entire group and make every QB better. that said what if a top qb is available in rd 2? why not take him and TRADE him into multiple picks at DL, OT, CB, or safety. I hear you about hating to take wrs yet this kid is special. I have not seen enough Peterson to remark. I would even take camini if he is available in the second round( he won't be).

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • N Nw220

                    Yeah i got my fingers crossed something will happen that will make Cincy take ethier Cam Newton or Blaine Gabertt,that way we could grab AJ Green...Peterson will most likely be gone but i absoultely love Von Miller hes a future star in the Making...And from what i saw on tape at the Senior bowl where he had to play standing up he was amazing droping back into Coverage and Rushing the QB while playing the Run, The sky is the limit with him he can do just about everything

                    hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 20k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @nw220 said:

                    Yeah i got my fingers crossed something will happen that will make Cincy take either Cam Newton or Blaine Gabert,that way we could grab AJ Green...Peterson will most likely be gone but i absolutely love Von Miller hes a future star in the Making...And from what i saw on tape at the Senior bowl where he had to play standing up he was amazing dropping back into Coverage and Rushing the QB while playing the Run, The sky is the limit with him he can do just about everything

                    I've said it before many times- I just don't see the Bengals taking AJ Green, doubly if Palmer leaves. They need big help on defense.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 241 Reputation
                      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Alot of mock drafts I see keep saying, Owens is defiantly gone (true), that Johnson is going to be traded (speculation at this point and won't happen until AFTER the draft), and Palmer is not going to be playing (true) and they use that to justify taking Green. First off if you are losing your franchise QB, the last thing you are going to do is draft a top tier WR, especially when you still have Johnson on your roster, Shipley who showed good things last season, and two WR's that stepped in for your two #1 WR's last season without missing a beat.

                      Expect either Green Peterson or Miller to fall to us because there is a good chance that the Bills and Bengals go QB with their first picks. Either Fairley or Bowers could fall to us too.

                      Ruining threads since 1897.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • tlsdawg T
                        • 11 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        T tlsdawg wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        The other day I watched a few hilight reels of both green and Jones and was impressed by both of them. Green definitely is the better pure prototypical receiver. He's got great hands, speed, athletacism and smoothness to be a great wr in this league. He seems to have a real nose for the ball and seems to have a knack for getting yac's which is important for a wco receiver with all the quick hit routes they run. But if he isn't there I wouldn't be hesitant at all to take Jones if heckert really wants to go wr. He might not have as good of hands as green, but one thing I noticed is he never seems to go down on first contact, and with his strength and speed it can be a big play every time he touches the ball. He might even be a better wco wr than green. I mean can you imagine mccoy hitting him on a on a slant going full speed and colt puting it right on the money, Jones has the ability to run over people and break tackle to turn it into a big gain. I'm not saying I want him over green but his style of play might fit our wco better than greens does. I'm also not totally sold on going wr with all the help we need on D and the talent that should be available. I just hope we get a difference making player in a position of need with are picks. Hopefully H&H can make the right choices to get us back to the glory days. GO BROWNS!!!!!!!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • SJ_Browns S
                          • 1k Posts
                          • 12 Reputation
                          S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/117703753.html

                          ESPN NFL Draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. is leaning toward offense again, at least when it comes to guessing whom the Browns will take April 28 with the sixth overall pick.

                          In his third and most recent mock draft, which was released Wednesday, Kiper predicted the Browns will select Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green in the first round. Kiper had the Browns taking Green in his original mock draft before switching to Wisconsin defensive end J.J. Watt in his second version.

                          Of course, there is an asterisk of sorts associated with Kiper's prediction. He thinks Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers could be available at No. 6, too.

                          ''Right now if you look at the Cleveland Browns' scenario at wide receiver, if [quarterback] Colt McCoy is your guy going forward and this is a pass-happy league right now, you've got to have some guys that can get open and catch the ball,'' Kiper said during a conference call Wednesday. ''A.J. Green is a special entity, and at pick No. 6, that's not [No.] 1 or [No.] 2. That's the time when you see these receivers normally go off the board.

                          ''But I cannot argue if Da'Quan Bowers is there, how can you pass him up? How can you pass up a guy like Bowers if he happened to be on the board?''

                          The 6-foot-3, 280-pound Bowers has often been labeled as a top-five pick, but he could slide to the Browns because of a meniscus tear in his right knee that required surgery after the 2010 season. He didn't work out at the NFL Scouting Combine because he was still rehabilitating, though he plans to hold a private workout April 1 at Clemson.

                          This past season, Bowers had 74 tackles and led the nation with 151/2 sacks. Many draft gurus have compared him to Chicago Bears defensive end Julius Peppers.

                          ''Yeah, I can see that, but that's obviously a big comparison because Julius is having a heck of a career,'' Browns General Manager Tom Heckert said at the combine. ''I think that's probably a little wait-and-see there, but I can see why they're talking similarities.''

                          The 6-4, 211-pound Green, who had more than 50 catches and 800 receiving yards in each of his three collegiate seasons, ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds at the combine. Browns coach Pat Shurmur said Green fits into the ''explosive player category.''

                          14

                          Brownies

                          Members of the Browns' front office and coaching staff attended Auburn's pro day on Tuesday and Alabama's on Wednesday. . . . The Browns have private workouts scheduled with some draft prospects. In a blog on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's website, Wisconsin offensive tackle Gabe Carimi revealed his plans to work out for the Browns on Friday. Miami cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke is set to do the same March 17, according to ProFootballTalk.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Nw220 N
                            • 1k Posts
                            • 27 Reputation
                            N Nw220 wrote on last edited by Nw220
                            #13

                            Glad to see were intersted in Bowers as well i like him if Green isnt there, i have him rated alot higher than Quinn who i expect to slide a lil bit, also see that we had or have a workout with Camairi from Wisconsion...Would he be a bad 2nd round pick to play RT??? We've had success with O Lineman from Wisconson Before

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate