Public Service Announcement
-
good lookin' out

-
I will soon will be 48 years old and am set to get butt raped in a couple weeks i have a virgin rump roast and dont look forward to it, however i have avoided being screened against my docs advice for years and even though i have no signs of trouble im going to follow through with it this time, after all i will need to stick around for at least 3 years just to see the browns return to semi-championship form! hehehehe
Its better safe than sorry..
-
I will soon will be 48 years old and am set to get butt raped in a couple weeks i have a virgin rump roast and dont look forward to it, however i have avoided being screened against my docs advice for years and even though i have no signs of trouble im going to follow through with it this time, after all i will need to stick around for at least 3 years just to see the browns return to semi-championship form! hehehehe
Its better safe than sorry..
-
There was a study done with cancer cells at the Mayo Clinic. They dropped pure corn syrup on the cells and the protein multiplied x2. When green tea was added, they decreased x2. People, put down the Coke and Pepsi.
-
Seriously, K ?
That coincides with my diet theory. If you eat Brocolli and stuff, that counter acts the sugar in your root beer, and you break even.
So, I drink a lot of tea, green tea sometimes, so that will counter-act the sugar in my chocolate cake.
Corn syrup? Really? Yikes?
-
There was a study done with cancer cells at the Mayo Clinic. They dropped pure corn syrup on the cells and the protein multiplied x2. When green tea was added, they decreased x2. People, put down the Coke and Pepsi.
There was a study done with cancer cells at the Mayo Clinic.
When did Helman's open a hospital?
-
Seriously, K ?
That coincides with my diet theory. If you eat Brocolli and stuff, that counter acts the sugar in your root beer, and you break even.
So, I drink a lot of tea, green tea sometimes, so that will counter-act the sugar in my chocolate cake.
Corn syrup? Really? Yikes?
Seriously, K ?
That coincides with my diet theory. If you eat Brocolli and stuff, that counter acts the sugar in your root beer, and you break even.
So, I drink a lot of tea, green tea sometimes, so that will counter-act the sugar in my chocolate cake.
Corn syrup? Really? Yikes?
Yep. As long as the root beer doesn't use corn syrup. Real sugar is fine. And I think you drink the good stuff. Check the label. Cancer Link.
-
An interesting tid-bit about Corn Syrup.
It is a simulated break down of a complex carb. Sugar, for example, would be broken down into less complex or simple carbs in the body, and turned into energy. I don't have all the scientific mumbo-jumbo to do this explanation justice... but...
Here is the kicker...
Corn Syrup is processed outside the body. So the body no longer recognizes it as something that needs to be broken down. So all it does is go right to the hips and belly. Corn Syrup literally has no redeeming nutritional value, and actually has tons of risk factors that go with it.
No I will be right back to post on one of the football threads right after I get another Mello Yello.
-
Hunts Ketchup does not use HFC (High fructose Corn syrup). Heinz does. I quit using Heinz (from Shittsburgh anyway).
-
Wow. I'm going to get rid of the high fructose corn syrup then.
Wait... isn't fructose the sugar found in fruit, and we're supposed to eat fruit... ?
"sigh"
-
There was a study done with cancer cells at the Mayo Clinic. They dropped pure corn syrup on the cells and the protein multiplied x2. When green tea was added, they decreased x2. People, put down the Coke and Pepsi.
There was a study done with cancer cells at the Mayo Clinic. They dropped pure corn syrup on the cells and the protein multiplied x2. When green tea was added, they decreased x2. People, put down the Coke and Pepsi.
Well, ignorantly speaking of the study, cancer cells are still living cells which use sugar to make energy for themselves. It's mitosis of a defective cell out of control. Green Tea has no such sugar and no such energy source for the cells to make energy to make other products. Your body makes glucose for energy, even out of fructose and sucrose. SO it's not like you have fructose circulating through your veins after drinking Coke. But, soda is still worthless and very hazardous to your health.
-
Wow. I'm going to get rid of the high fructose corn syrup then.
Wait... isn't fructose the sugar found in fruit, and we're supposed to eat fruit... ?
"sigh"
Wow. I'm going to get rid of the high fructose corn syrup then.
Wait... isn't fructose the sugar found in fruit, and we're supposed to eat fruit... ?
"sigh"
Fruit really doesn't contain that much fructose. An apple has 90 calories while a soda has 140. High Fructose corn syrup is far different than natural fructose found in fruit.
-
Wow. I'm going to get rid of the high fructose corn syrup then.
Wait... isn't fructose the sugar found in fruit, and we're supposed to eat fruit... ?
"sigh"
Wow. I'm going to get rid of the high fructose corn syrup then.
Wait... isn't fructose the sugar found in fruit, and we're supposed to eat fruit... ?
"sigh"
Yes, however naturally forming fructose is recognized by our body to break it down.
The corn syrup variety (and I'm not sure calling it fructose is scientifically correct) is not.
-
I was lucky enough to have my prostate checked this year..
It was really weird the dr was able to check my prostate and clap at the same time..
-
It's a flex sig every 3-5 years after age 50 or a colonoscopy (the whole length of the colon) every 10 years. If you have a family history of colon cancer or a personal history of inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis) you should start at some point earlier. I was always taught that if you have a family history you should be screened starting at an age 10 years younger than your relative's age when they were diagnosed.
-
True, but our family physician stopped doing the sigs, because they only check the very lowest part of the colon. Said, that to just go ahead and
do the colonoscopy and know there isn't anything there, anywhere.
Thanks for the great input. I didn't want to get away from Browns talk, but even though we are the BEST NFL fans,
we can still get this cancer without knowing it, so...
-
I had the flex sig many years ago (has it been that long? yikes) and the colonoscopy last year. The preps for each were similar but you're essentially knocked out for the colonoscopy so I'd say it's easier over all. A day or so of discomfort is well worth the peace of mind to me.
BTW, it used to be you had to have a straight steel tube shoved in for a similar exam. By comparison the flex sig and colonoscopy are a walk in the park. I, for one, am grateful for this advance in technology.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
