Skip to content

If You Were Gm

The Browns Board
12 7 1.0k
  • Not to bad, but we need to address the Safety spot alittle better than assuming Brown will be playing there and not as a back up corner. As for wr I would throw a nice penny down for Sidney Rice, he would be the vertical threat and that would leave Momass as the 2. Momass would be a great 2 and Robo is best suited for the short routes. We are most likely 2 years from playoff material, the D is going to be what holds us back right now.

  • To start with Mangini would still be the coach with some help on the offensive side of the ball. I would be looking for help in the same general places WR, DE/DT, RT, LB

  • MSW is far too inconsistent to be worth the massive dollars it will take to pry him away from JAC.

    Tommie Harris? Andre Carter? Sure, why not - but only if they're willing to take relatively cheap deals. Those guys have not played well in quite some time.

    Richard Marshall is good, but also not worth the contract he will require to move.

    FA is never the solution.

  • First off I would be more worries about getting someone in for Wright that someone in for Brown. Brown's level of play wasn't bad (except for the play where he tripped against Cinci and Owens scored, but really that can happen to anyone) until after his shoulder injury, which most people would have gone out with but he kept playing. Also you have us using an extra 5th round pick, we only have one, and if we take Jordan in the 1st, expect it to be because we traded back, not because we take him at 6.

  • Sims-Walker is a free agent because JAX cut him. He might be a little expensive but hes not gonna want as much as Rice or Floyd. I actually like Sims-Walker better then those 2 anyways.

    Carter put up double digits sacks in 2007 and 2009 both while playing as a DE. He is getting older and I dont think its going to take much to pring him in he is coming off a 2.5 sack year and played in all 16 games.

    As far as Harris goes like I said give him a nice incentive laden contrat. I wasnt suggesting throw a bunch of garunteed money at him.

  • First off I would be more worries about getting someone in for Wright that someone in for Brown. Brown's level of play wasn't bad (except for the play where he tripped against Cinci and Owens scored, but really that can happen to anyone) until after his shoulder injury, which most people would have gone out with but he kept playing. Also you have us using an extra 5th round pick, we only have one, and if we take Jordan in the 1st, expect it to be because we traded back, not because we take him at 6.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    First off I would be more worries about getting someone in for Wright that someone in for Brown. Brown's level of play wasn't bad (except for the play where he tripped against Cinci and Owens scored, but really that can happen to anyone) until after his shoulder injury, which most people would have gone out with but he kept playing. Also you have us using an extra 5th round pick, we only have one, and if we take Jordan in the 1st, expect it to be because we traded back, not because we take him at 6.

    I dont know why i thought we had 2 5th my bad. I would love to trade back and still get Jordan but hes a top 10 talent. I have no problem with taking him with our 1st.

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    First off I would be more worries about getting someone in for Wright that someone in for Brown. Brown's level of play wasn't bad (except for the play where he tripped against Cinci and Owens scored, but really that can happen to anyone) until after his shoulder injury, which most people would have gone out with but he kept playing. Also you have us using an extra 5th round pick, we only have one, and if we take Jordan in the 1st, expect it to be because we traded back, not because we take him at 6.

    I dont know why i thought we had 2 5th my bad. I would love to trade back and still get Jordan but hes a top 10 talent. I have no problem with taking him with our 1st.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I dont know why i thought we had 2 5th my bad. I would love to trade back and still get Jordan but hes a top 10 talent. I have no problem with taking him with our 1st.

    I like Jordan too, but I don't see him going before 16 so trading back is a real option.

  • Theres no way i would take Cam Jordan at the #6 overall pick, if we traded back i wouldnt have a problem with it i like him alot as well,same goes for JJ Watt....No for Mike Sims Walker id much rather have someone like Sidney Rice, or Steve Smith (NYG)..

    And if theres no Green id take a draft like this

    1.Daquan Bowers or Marcell Dareus.(AJ Green) if hes there

    2.Drake Nevis or Marvin Austin,Raheem Moore...also Martez Wilson if hes there as well

    3.Marcus Gilbert or J.Barksdale

    4.Casey Matthews if we dont take Martez in the 2nd

    5.Damacrus Van Dyke

    6a.Kendall Hunter/Jacquizz Rodgers

    6b.Greg McCelroy or Best Kicker avaliable

  • If AJ Green is there then I would take him also. Jordan and Dareus are about equal in my book but Dareus has taken that #1 DT spot from Fairly so I have a good feeling he wont fall to us.

    Someone who I do see falling to us is Von Miller. Everyone has him projected to go to arizona but that seems extremely unlikely. A good franchise(key word good, the jets fit that bill) never takes a rush LBer that high. Keep in mind the Cards run a 3-4 so he wont be playing DE there. Depending on whos available they may go for Peterson, Fairley, or even a wildcard like Mark Ingram. To sum it all up I cant see Miller going in the top 5.

  • If I were GM I'd be playing golf in Arizone without a care in the world because Randy 'Silver Spoon' Lerner would have given me a 5-year $20 mil contract extension. I'd be sitting back counting my guaranteed cash!! It's the 'American Way'!!!

    I'm just glad Randy is nowhere to be seen in the current contract negotiations with the NFLPA.

  • I actually do see Von Miller going to Arizona, he plays the 3-4 linebacker with a rush and compares to Clay Matthews and Lamarr Woodley at that position in the next level