Skip to content

Joe Haden The Cleveland Fan

The Browns Board
20 12 1.7k
  • FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Haden is one of us. He gets it. Now I wanna see Varejao show up to a Browns game in full uniform, pads helmet and all with those crazy a$$ curls sticking out of the ear holes.

    DWJ

  • Haden is one of us. He gets it. Now I wanna see Varejao show up to a Browns game in full uniform, pads helmet and all with those crazy a$$ curls sticking out of the ear holes.

    DWJ

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @furnier said:

    Haden is one of us. He gets it. Now I wanna see Varejao show up to a Browns game in full uniform, pads helmet and all with those crazy a$$ curls sticking out of the ear holes.

    DWJ

    Being a Brazilian, Varajao would probably be more into Futbol than Football.

    Instead of him, how about we look for whomever the Cavs pick first in the draft this year to do what you suggest. It could be the #1 overall, or at least one of the top 3-4....be that Derek Williams or Harrison Barnes or whomever.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    this was so awesome when I saw this on the news. For those of you who follow cribbs and joe on twitter, their posts during the game were so amazing. It really makes me proud that guys love Cleveland as much as the fans do. It makes me feel good to be a cleveland fan.

  • S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #13

    http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x250634106/Browns-Haden-will-sponsor-Plain-baseball-team

    PLAIN TWP. — Joe Haden’s Cleveland Browns are in limbo until the NFL lockout ends, but don’t call him a man without a team.

    The rising football star has a vested baseball interest right here in Stark County.

    He is sponsoring “Haden’s Nation,” a 12-year-old team in the Plain Local Baseball and Softball Association.

    The relationship came more or less out of the blue. Here’s how:

    League official Roy Allison texted Mike Clapper, the 12-year-old team’s manager, to say last year’s sponsor had backed out.

    Just then, Clapper — and about 30,000 others who follow Haden on Twitter — got a Tweet from their favorite cornerback.

    Clapper got the bright idea to direct a request, via Twitter, for Haden to sponsor his team.

    Like that was going to happen.

    “Less than a minute later, I got a direct response from Joe,” Clapper said. “He asked me for my number and called. He asked how much, and when was it due.

    “That was on April 1. When I let Roy know, he thought it was an April Fool’s joke.”

    Clapper is an autograph hound who knows the ropes of working team hotels for signatures.

    He said he has bumped into Haden several times, but doubts Haden remembers him.

    He supposes Haden was simply reaching out on the spur of the moment when he heard an idea he liked.

    Haden arranged for Clapper to meet his manager, Sean Cabble, at the Bulls-Cavaliers game Friday. There, Cabble handed the $325 sponsorship fee to Clapper.

    The idea for the team name — Haden’s Nation — comes from the cornerback himself. The season starts in three weeks at Diamond Park.

    Clapper understands that it’s not as if a guy like Haden — the No. 7 overall pick in last April’s NFL draft — can’t afford the sponsorship fee.

    He simply thinks it was a class act by a young man — Haden will turn 22 Thursday — willing to share the time of day. “The boys seem pretty excited,” Clapper said. “Joe said he hopes to come down to a couple of games.”

  • S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Zombo said:

    Nice!

    Zombo

    my feelings exactly. the amount of money wasn't large, but the act of reaching out to help someone was.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Man, Haden is a great class guy. Really, really nice job, Joe !

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I brought this up a couple weeks ago, but back in the day Browns players came out in droves to Cavs games at the Coliseum, it was the place to be for them even though the Cavs sucked back then. This was before the Price, Nance, Harper, Daugherty Hot Rod, Ehlo and Kerr era really kicked in. It was cool and since the Coliseum was usually empty, you could go down and shoot the shit with the guys.

  • I brought this up a couple weeks ago, but back in the day Browns players came out in droves to Cavs games at the Coliseum, it was the place to be for them even though the Cavs sucked back then. This was before the Price, Nance, Harper, Daugherty Hot Rod, Ehlo and Kerr era really kicked in. It was cool and since the Coliseum was usually empty, you could go down and shoot the shit with the guys.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @riffer-x said:

    It was cool and since the Coliseum was usually empty, you could go down and shoot the shit with the guys.

    half these thread starters weren't even an itch in their daddies pants when the COLISEUM was in effect. saw many a awesome concert there in the 70's. and if any of these little poster twits can remember MUNICIPAL STADIUM then they might remember the "world series of rock".......doubt it.

    game one=pink floyd animals. never forget it.

  • You have to love a guy like Haden. Not only is he a good cb for the Browns, he's also becoming one of us very quickly. He goes to alot of LEM games and I won't be suprised if he shows up at an Indians or Gladiators game (he might have been at the Glads game last week).

    brnfan16B brnfan16 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @sj_browns said:

    You have to love a guy like Haden. Not only is he a good cb for the Browns, he's also becoming one of us very quickly. He goes to alot of LEM games and I won't be suprised if he shows up at an Indians or Gladiators game (he might have been at the Glads game last week).

    Could not agree more. I feel we finally got a great 1st round pick. I see nothing but a great future for him and us. His "23" number will be one the very popular jerseys to get.

  • @sj_browns said:

    You have to love a guy like Haden. Not only is he a good cb for the Browns, he's also becoming one of us very quickly. He goes to alot of LEM games and I won't be suprised if he shows up at an Indians or Gladiators game (he might have been at the Glads game last week).

    Could not agree more. I feel we finally got a great 1st round pick. I see nothing but a great future for him and us. His "23" number will be one the very popular jerseys to get.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @brnfan16 said:

    Could not agree more. I feel we finally got a great 1st round pick. I see nothing but a great future for him and us. His "23" number will be one the very popular jerseys to get.

    Yeah...If Heckert keeps picking 1st rounders like Joe, he'll become a Cleveland legend!!!

    BTW, Haden WILL be my next jersey.

    Mike

  • @sj_browns said:

    You have to love a guy like Haden. Not only is he a good cb for the Browns, he's also becoming one of us very quickly. He goes to alot of LEM games and I won't be suprised if he shows up at an Indians or Gladiators game (he might have been at the Glads game last week).

    Could not agree more. I feel we finally got a great 1st round pick. I see nothing but a great future for him and us. His "23" number will be one the very popular jerseys to get.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @brnfan16 said:

    Could not agree more. I feel we finally got a great 1st round pick. I see nothing but a great future for him and us. His "23" number will be one the very popular jerseys to get.

    it's nice to know that we have a #23 that we can get behind and support because he does the same for us.