Skip to content

God Help Me

The Browns Board
12 9 983
  • Attending a fly fishing show a few years ago in Mars PA outside of Pittsburgh, 3 of us headed to a local sports bar for lunch. Decorating each table & booth were vases containing two small pompoms, one gold & one black. When the waitress asked what she could get us, I slid the vase over & asked, "Do you have these in Orange & Brown?". Boy, was SHE moody! Ah well, 'twas a fun little stop.

    Have a safe trip & good luck to your Daughter & her Team.

    Mike

  • Brown and Orange out of season? You won't have a problem and the Peterson Events Center is very nice. Unfortunately like Ohio it's pretty damn cold all things considered. Definitely not a great weekend to come in to town. Could always hit up the "dirty o" aka the Original Hot Dog shop for a good dog and more fries than you'll now what to do with. Have a safe trip.

    I'd also like to say that while some of those "ohio steeler fans" may be bandwagon jumpers a lot of people have been displaced, that argument isn't untrue. However I definitely ran in to my fair share of bandwagon individuals during my time there, that much is undeniable. Typically it was a "head shake" moment for me. Have a safe trip.

  • Better make sure you and your daughter's immunizations are current.

  • Take your gun.

  • God Help Me. I have to make a trip to Pittsburgh tomorrow. My daughter has a cheerleading competition at the Peterson Event Center on the "Pitt" campus.

    I am definitely going to wear my Browns gear. No worries, eh, mates?

    Nevertheless, lets set the record straight: I have no problem with Pittsburgh PA. It is a town with a lot of character. And I have no problem with people from Pittsburgh or that area. They are salt of the earth people. And I have no problem with good honest Western PA Steeler fans. They are honest to a fault sometimes, just like Browns fan. A few show remarkable stupidity, but at least it is an honest stupidity fueled simply by their loyalty to their team.

    No, the only truly detestable Steeler fan is a Steeler FRAK from Northeast Ohio (and I might even excuse you if you are from Youngstown). Those Ohioans who jump on the Steeler bandwagon just because they have been winning and just because they want to be a contrarian to their neighbors. To me, these types have traitorous personalities who would root for Osama Bin Laden if they thought it served their self interest. That is obviously a very extreme example, yet the same principle applies. If you can be disloyal to your home town team, then who is to say you won't be disloyal to your nation.

    @the-gipper said:

    God Help Me. I have to make a trip to Pittsburgh tomorrow. My daughter has a cheerleading competition at the Peterson Event Center on the "Pitt" campus.

    I am definitely going to wear my Browns gear. No worries, eh, mates?

    Nevertheless, lets set the record straight: I have no problem with Pittsburgh PA. It is a town with a lot of character. And I have no problem with people from Pittsburgh or that area. They are salt of the earth people. And I have no problem with good honest Western PA Steeler fans. They are honest to a fault sometimes, just like Browns fan. A few show remarkable stupidity, but at least it is an honest stupidity fueled simply by their loyalty to their team.

    No, the only truly detestable Steeler fan is a Steeler FRAK from Northeast Ohio (and I might even excuse you if you are from Youngstown). Those Ohioans who jump on the Steeler bandwagon just because they have been winning and just because they want to be a contrarian to their neighbors. To me, these types have traitorous personalities who would root for Osama Bin Laden if they thought it served their self interest. That is obviously a very extreme example, yet the same principle applies. If you can be disloyal to your home town team, then who is to say you won't be disloyal to your nation.

    gipper, Chilax. Concentrate on your beautiful daughter's performance because all those PA fathers will be looking at their sisters with their tongues hanging out! My next "special" T shirt might read "at least I'm not my sister's son" Hope she does well! Good luck in PA. There is nothing more brilliant than seeing your offspring try make it happen.

  • I'd be keeping my peepers peeled for Big Ben! I hope everything went well!

  • Take your gun.

    @erie-dawg said:

    Take your gun.

    😆

  • I'd be keeping my peepers peeled for Big Ben! I hope everything went well!

    @manbearpig said:

    I'd be keeping my peepers peeled for Big Ben! I hope everything went well!

    +1

  • Brown and Orange out of season? You won't have a problem and the Peterson Events Center is very nice. Unfortunately like Ohio it's pretty damn cold all things considered. Definitely not a great weekend to come in to town. Could always hit up the "dirty o" aka the Original Hot Dog shop for a good dog and more fries than you'll now what to do with. Have a safe trip.

    I'd also like to say that while some of those "ohio steeler fans" may be bandwagon jumpers a lot of people have been displaced, that argument isn't untrue. However I definitely ran in to my fair share of bandwagon individuals during my time there, that much is undeniable. Typically it was a "head shake" moment for me. Have a safe trip.

    Homotron said:

    Brown and Orange out of season? You won't have a problem and the Peterson Events Center is very nice. Unfortunately like Ohio it's pretty damn cold all things considered. Definitely not a great weekend to come in to town. Could always hit up the "dirty o" aka the Original Hot Dog shop for a good dog and more fries than you'll now what to do with. Have a safe trip.

    I'd also like to say that while some of those "ohio steeler fans" may be bandwagon jumpers a lot of people have been displaced, that argument isn't untrue. However I definitely ran in to my fair share of bandwagon individuals during my time there, that much is undeniable. Typically it was a "head shake" moment for me. Have a safe trip.

    I was pretty much in the Peterson Events Center the whole day except for a quick stroll down to the campus bookstore.

    I will say that the Pitt students must be amongst the best in shape students in the country to have to hike up and down all those hills.

    I did wear my polo shirt with my Browns helmet logo on it. Not a person said a word to me all day about it and I was there from 10:00 A.M to 11:30 p.m. (long day). Of course, over the half the people there seemed like they were from Ohio. Some from Canada, Rochester NY, and several groups from near Peetown (Cranberry Twp.?).

    What I didn't know honestly was that this edifice, and it was a very nice facility, was built on the location of old Pitt Stadium. (In fact, I didn't even recall that they had town down old Pitt Field some 10+ years ago). I had gone to a game at the old Stadium sometime in the late 80s/early 90s.

    And FYI for you all, Pitt Stadium, where Peterson Event Center is now, is where the Steelers played their home games from 1958 til 1969 when Three Rivers opened.

  • Then:

    800px-InsidePittStadium.jpg

  • Now: Notice the same buildings in the background.

    3923494878_a1e87488a1.jpg