Report: Browns to talk with Eric Mangini
-
-
-
Jon Clayton was just on ESPN and thinks they're looking at Mangini as a possible defensive coordinator, and that he's not really even much of a candidate for head coach. Probably because the reports of Ferentz are true.
Jon Clayton was just on ESPN and thinks they're looking at Mangini as a possible defensive coordinator, and that he's not really even much of a candidate for head coach. Probably because the reports of Ferentz are true.
I think the DC part is true but Ferentz is media spin. Lerner has named his "A" list of coaches and Ferentz wasn't even mentioned. I still think McDaniel or Schwartz with Mangini as DC/ ASST. HC
-
Jon Clayton was just on ESPN and thinks they're looking at Mangini as a possible defensive coordinator, and that he's not really even much of a candidate for head coach. Probably because the reports of Ferentz are true.
I think the DC part is true but Ferentz is media spin. Lerner has named his "A" list of coaches and Ferentz wasn't even mentioned. I still think McDaniel or Schwartz with Mangini as DC/ ASST. HC
I think the DC part is true but Ferentz is media spin. Lerner has named his "A" list of coaches and Ferentz wasn't even mentioned. I still think McDaniel or Schwartz with Mangini as DC/ ASST. HC
I have trouble seeing Mangini as Schwartz's DC. Two different philosophies, and Mangini has very little, if any, experience with Schwartz's style of defense.
-Al
-
I think the DC part is true but Ferentz is media spin. Lerner has named his "A" list of coaches and Ferentz wasn't even mentioned. I still think McDaniel or Schwartz with Mangini as DC/ ASST. HC
I have trouble seeing Mangini as Schwartz's DC. Two different philosophies, and Mangini has very little, if any, experience with Schwartz's style of defense.
-Al
I have trouble seeing Mangini as Schwartz's DC. Two different philosophies, and Mangini has very little, if any, experience with Schwartz's style of defense.
-Al
Hey Al...Not that im an authority on Croatian History,But being of Croatian descent Myself but had noticed that the avatar of yours starts with a red square as the PreCommunist version starts with a white square...If You want a Pre-Communist one Id be happy to forward you one...
Nickers....
-
Jon Clayton was just on ESPN and thinks they're looking at Mangini as a possible defensive coordinator, and that he's not really even much of a candidate for head coach. Probably because the reports of Ferentz are true.
Jon Clayton was just on ESPN and thinks they're looking at Mangini as a possible defensive coordinator, and that he's not really even much of a candidate for head coach. Probably because the reports of Ferentz are true.
Is it only me that gets frustrated over an owner who picks up parts of the coaching staff before selecting a GM?
He did it with Crennel and now, it appears, that he is doing something comparable with Mangini.
Lerner is referred to a hands off owner. Hands off after he messes with the GMs or HCs staffs.
Why not try the old fashioned way, Randy. Select a GM and let HIM select the entire staff.
Sell the team, Randy. You like the soccer team much better any way.
Hire Pioli and let him get to work.
-
I think the DC part is true but Ferentz is media spin. Lerner has named his "A" list of coaches and Ferentz wasn't even mentioned. I still think McDaniel or Schwartz with Mangini as DC/ ASST. HC
I have trouble seeing Mangini as Schwartz's DC. Two different philosophies, and Mangini has very little, if any, experience with Schwartz's style of defense.
-Al
I have trouble seeing Mangini as Schwartz's DC. Two different philosophies, and Mangini has very little, if any, experience with Schwartz's style of defense.
-Al
You are absolutely right there, that wouldn't work at all. McDaniel and Mangini would work. I am afraid of Schwartz because Fisher has his hands all over the defense and Schwartz doesn't know offense. I could see him keeping Chud.
-
That's assuming Schwartz would run a 4-3 here. A reasonable assumption, but not guaranteed - before the '04 season, Schwartz considered switching the Titans to a 3-4 defense. And after that season, Schwartz was a candidate for DC jobs in New England & Miami.
Above all, Schwartz preaches running the scheme that best fits your personnel. In our case, that may translate into running a 3-4.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login