Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Schedule Release?

Schedule Release?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
14 Posts 8 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Furnier FurnierF
    • 544 Posts
    • 33 Reputation
    FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #1

    It's coming up on that time of the year when the NFL releases the schedule. I wonder if they'll still go through with the annual schedule release show with the lockout hanging over our heads? Releasing a schedule that possibly may never happen. This MUST get resolved because fall without the Browns is no fall at all. In any case I think we'll probably get scheduled for a prime time game or two. I actually kinda enjoyed the all-Sunday afternoon schedule last season. Made things consistent and easy to work with for me. I have every intention of attending the game in Phoenix. Anyone else gonna travel west (or in Mark's case east) for that one? I'm also gonna make the pilgrammage to Cleveland twice this year.

    Doug

    HowieDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 6k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I'm not sure about the Arizona game but I am thinking about the San Francisco game. I'll also be making a trip to Cleveland at some point whenever everyone thinks is the best weekend.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
        • 4k Posts
        • 139 Reputation
        ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
        #3

        HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

        kamac19K rich4eagleR 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Assuming all works out with the "labor" deal, I will do 5-6 home games. I will wait for info from here on their plans, then pick and choose games with a nice spread.

          I am also thinking about a road game. Been a while since i have done that other then Nashville.

          I am thinking Indy might be a game I attend.

          It looks like we will have at least one 4PM start since we have Seattle on the docket. The best I can recall is when teams from the west travel east, they get a 4PM start to equal out the time difference for them.

          Sort of a hint that might make for a nice BB weekend/tailgate.

          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

            HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

            kamac19 kamac19K One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 283 Posts
            • 44 Reputation
            kamac19K kamac19 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @atenears said:

            HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

            Is that out to Arizona, or do you really mean Las Vegas with the 5hr drive to Arizona for the game, could be a fun Brownsboard outing to Las Vegas for that game againt Arizona. Do like few of the away games this year, would like to go to Arizona stadium, but not sure if could handle you dragging me round the bars hear you frequent in LV. 😎

            ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • kamac19K kamac19

              @atenears said:

              HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

              Is that out to Arizona, or do you really mean Las Vegas with the 5hr drive to Arizona for the game, could be a fun Brownsboard outing to Las Vegas for that game againt Arizona. Do like few of the away games this year, would like to go to Arizona stadium, but not sure if could handle you dragging me round the bars hear you frequent in LV. 😎

              ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 9k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @kamac19 said:

              Is that out to Arizona, or do you really mean Las Vegas with the 5hr drive to Arizona for the game, could be a fun Brownsboard outing to Las Vegas for that game againt Arizona. Do like few of the away games this year, would like to go to Arizona stadium, but not sure if could handle you dragging me round the bars hear you frequent in LV. 😎

              No kidding....I think the Lizard was a gay bar....I know it was nice at one time, but really, when you go to take a leak and for the 2rd time the same guy is standing there at the urinal next to you commenting on your hat, you have to wonder.

              I finally told him I was from Tennessee. I think it dawned on him maybe I wasn't wearing it to be stylish.

              It was almost as if saying I was from Tennessee scared the guy, but I guess I understand. Tennessee has a rep for wild eyed, rough and rugged, redneck people, a little less likely to talk things out and a little closer to fighting it out.

              If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
              HowieDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • FurnierF Furnier

                It's coming up on that time of the year when the NFL releases the schedule. I wonder if they'll still go through with the annual schedule release show with the lockout hanging over our heads? Releasing a schedule that possibly may never happen. This MUST get resolved because fall without the Browns is no fall at all. In any case I think we'll probably get scheduled for a prime time game or two. I actually kinda enjoyed the all-Sunday afternoon schedule last season. Made things consistent and easy to work with for me. I have every intention of attending the game in Phoenix. Anyone else gonna travel west (or in Mark's case east) for that one? I'm also gonna make the pilgrammage to Cleveland twice this year.

                Doug

                HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                • 664 Posts
                • 59 Reputation
                HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @furnier said:

                It's coming up on that time of the year when the NFL releases the schedule. I wonder if they'll still go through with the annual schedule release show with the lockout hanging over our heads? Releasing a schedule that possibly may never happen. This MUST get resolved because fall without the Browns is no fall at all. In any case I think we'll probably get scheduled for a prime time game or two. I actually kinda enjoyed the all-Sunday afternoon schedule last season. Made things consistent and easy to work with for me. I have every intention of attending the game in Phoenix. Anyone else gonna travel west (or in Mark's case east) for that one? I'm also gonna make the pilgrammage to Cleveland twice this year.

                Doug

                I just hope we have games to come and see. When the schedule comes out me and the G-Man usually book within days, this year I guess we need to hang back a bit. Furns, we definitely need to hook up this year.

                The fact that we are discussing it now is great, it means nearly 5 months of the dreaded 12 have passed!

                Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ballpeenB ballpeen

                  @kamac19 said:

                  Is that out to Arizona, or do you really mean Las Vegas with the 5hr drive to Arizona for the game, could be a fun Brownsboard outing to Las Vegas for that game againt Arizona. Do like few of the away games this year, would like to go to Arizona stadium, but not sure if could handle you dragging me round the bars hear you frequent in LV. 😎

                  No kidding....I think the Lizard was a gay bar....I know it was nice at one time, but really, when you go to take a leak and for the 2rd time the same guy is standing there at the urinal next to you commenting on your hat, you have to wonder.

                  I finally told him I was from Tennessee. I think it dawned on him maybe I wasn't wearing it to be stylish.

                  It was almost as if saying I was from Tennessee scared the guy, but I guess I understand. Tennessee has a rep for wild eyed, rough and rugged, redneck people, a little less likely to talk things out and a little closer to fighting it out.

                  HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                  • 664 Posts
                  • 59 Reputation
                  HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @ballpeen said:

                  No kidding....I think the Lizard was a gay bar....

                  Is that because of the way Zombo kept kissing me?

                  Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
                    #9

                    Zombo said:

                    Any bar is a gay bar if you sit alone at the bar dressed like the cowboy from the Village People making goo goo eyes at the other men.

                    The rest of us were at a table with chicks ... I'm surprised you finally pulled yourself away from the bar enough to notice us back there.

                    Zombo

                    Well, at least, Zombo, the people at your table were dressed like chicks....who were waiting for you to play the Crying Game.

                    zombo.jpg

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 9k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Zombo said:

                      Any bar is a gay bar if you sit alone at the bar dressed like the cowboy from the Village People making goo goo eyes at the other men.

                      The rest of us were at a table with chicks ... I'm surprised you finally pulled yourself away from the bar enough to notice us back there.

                      Zombo

                      LOL....ok.....but dude....it was a wool felt Fedora....you know, to stay warmer. 😉

                      It doesn't crush, naturally repels water, and does a great job of holding in the heat. You can make fun of it all you want, but I'll bet it did a better job for me than the windbreaker you wore did for you on a 19 degree evening.

                      I saw you shaking while we stood there to view the Winter Wonderland Stanley took us to see.

                      You're telling me those quivers weren't because you were freezing your ass off but because you got chills seeing such a magnificent sight??

                      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                        HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

                        rich4eagle rich4eagleR One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 39 Reputation
                        rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @atenears said:

                        HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

                        Hey, when is the Arizona game........I will not pay to go there buy I will go to Vegas and we can party..................on the strip etc

                        Offense Wins.......Franchise QB's are the key.............Defense keeps you in the game.........Go Buckeyes
                        ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • rich4eagleR rich4eagle

                          @atenears said:

                          HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

                          Hey, when is the Arizona game........I will not pay to go there buy I will go to Vegas and we can party..................on the strip etc

                          ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 9k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @rich4eagle said:

                          Hey, when is the Arizona game........I will not pay to go there buy I will go to Vegas and we can party..................on the strip etc

                          The schedule should be released in a couple of weeks if all holds true to previous years....

                          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                            • 57k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Browns play road games in San Francisco, Oakland, Arizona, Houston and Indy as well as the three AFC North opponents.

                            Ideally the 5 mentioned would be scheduled in like November or December giving the Browns and their fans good weather (or a dome in Indy) for their road trips....but that is not likely. The league has this policy now of putting division games at the end of the season, so it is probable that the Browns will be playing December road games in Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Cinci.

                            They will probably send the Browns to Arizona in September, when it is still 110 degrees out there. Yea, the game is in a dome, but to do anything else outside there would be insufferable that time of year.

                            My brother just moved to near Prescott AZ, which is about 80 miles NW of Phoenix. He says it is regularly 15-20 deg. cooler there than in the Phoenix Valley.

                            San Fran and Oakland any time in the fall would probably be pleasant. The humidity of Houston in September may be unbearable, but beginning in October or after it could be pleasant down there.

                            So, there is your weather forecast for those contemplating a Browns road trip.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 9k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Good point made on the division games being played later in the season.

                              It's why I target Indy. A reasonable drive, looks to have a nice downtown with plenty to do on Saturday night, and a dome, so I don't really care if it is 110 degrees, raining, or snowing.

                              If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              Theme
                              • System
                              • Light
                              • Dark
                              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Forums
                              • Recent
                              • Popular
                              • Users
                              • Donate