Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Filling 2 Needs With 1 Draft Pick

Filling 2 Needs With 1 Draft Pick

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
63 Posts 16 Posters 3.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Thomaspro T
    • 178 Posts
    • 9 Reputation
    T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
    #1

    If Peterson is there at 6 you should take him. BPA not to mention we can then move Brown to Safety. Brown said he does not mind playing Safety. So we need to do this if Peterson is there at 6.

    G rich4eagleR 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
      • 3k Posts
      • 241 Reputation
      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I agree, but I also want to resign Abe. Abe would make a great back up at both FS and SS and I would feel safer having Brown play nickle corner and having Abe go in to replace him on those plays than have Wright play nickle corner.

      Every mock draft I see they have us taking Bowers who I think can be a good player and that his injury concerns are being blown way out of proportion. If he falls to us at 6 he would be a steal. Having said that Peterson is still the better player and a steal at 6 as well and if both those guys are there I really think Peterson is our pick hands down.

      Ruining threads since 1897.
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Thomaspro T
        • 178 Posts
        • 9 Reputation
        T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I just do not see Newton, Gabbert, or Green being on the board at 6. Denver needs a wr for Orton/Tebow, Buffalo at 3 needs a QB, and Cincy will need a QB at 4. AZ will go DL or LB with Von Miller at 5. So I think that leaves us a few DL's or Peterson at 6. It just makes to much sense to to take Peterson so we can fill 2 holes with 1 draft pick. And yes I do agree resigning Abe. He will make a great back up and really came on late last year.

        J 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • T Thomaspro

          If Peterson is there at 6 you should take him. BPA not to mention we can then move Brown to Safety. Brown said he does not mind playing Safety. So we need to do this if Peterson is there at 6.

          Gafreleets G
          • 559 Posts
          • 19 Reputation
          G Gafreleets wrote on last edited by Gafreleets
          #4

          @thomaspro said:

          If Peterson is there at 6 you should take him. BPA not to mention we can then move Brown to Safety. Brown said he does not mind playing Safety. So we need to do this if Peterson is there at 6.

          he won't be on the board at 6. he's probably the best player in this draft and unless the teams that have picks 1-5 completely ingore this fact there is no way he slips to 6.

          @thomaspro said:

          I just do not see Newton, Gabbert, or Green being on the board at 6. Denver needs a wr for Orton/Tebow, Buffalo at 3 needs a QB, and Cincy will need a QB at 4. AZ will go DL or LB with Von Miller at 5. So I think that leaves us a few DL's or Peterson at 6. It just makes to much sense to to take Peterson so we can fill 2 holes with 1 draft pick. And yes I do agree resigning Abe. He will make a great back up and really came on late last year.

          AZ, it could be argued, also needs a QB. you may be wrong about green and newton. with the amount of talent on the DL that this draft class has green could definately be there at 6.

          and newton???? talk about someone i wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole. nope, let him be an entertainer/icon somewhere else. he's got jamarcus russel written all over him. if i were a GM i wouldn't look his way till the 3rd round or later. now i know that isn't gonna happen, but hey..........not all GMs are as smart as they could be.

          with all i've heard about Big Ben being a rapist and i go to a online sex offender registry and look up cleveland and Pittsburgh and what do i find? cleveland has a CRAP load more sex offenders (and expecially child molesters) than Pittsburgh.......over 4X as many over all. 2055 of them to Pittsburgh's 421. www.familywatchdog.us better never hear one of you date raping, can't get a woman with my tiny peep unless i hold her down, child molesting hypocrits say anything else about Ben.
          S 1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • Nw220 N
            • 1k Posts
            • 27 Reputation
            N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I really am not sold on Bowers and dont want him at 6, i wouldnt mind Peterson at all but hes a long shot to be there.If he is there than i wouldnt mind grabbing him ethier...I still would like to see Green just because D Line is so Deep this year and you will get a first round grade on a D Lineman in the early second...

            Everything ive seen though has us taking Bowers and i really think he isnt as good as he is displayed,ive watched alot tape on him and theres alot of good and alot of bad..

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • secondwave S Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 431 Posts
              • 50 Reputation
              S secondwave wrote on last edited by
              #6

              No to Bowers.

              I'm starting to feel as though he's a one-hit wonder. His injuries long-term have me slighted.

              Harry BuffaloH b86bB 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • G Gafreleets

                @thomaspro said:

                If Peterson is there at 6 you should take him. BPA not to mention we can then move Brown to Safety. Brown said he does not mind playing Safety. So we need to do this if Peterson is there at 6.

                he won't be on the board at 6. he's probably the best player in this draft and unless the teams that have picks 1-5 completely ingore this fact there is no way he slips to 6.

                @thomaspro said:

                I just do not see Newton, Gabbert, or Green being on the board at 6. Denver needs a wr for Orton/Tebow, Buffalo at 3 needs a QB, and Cincy will need a QB at 4. AZ will go DL or LB with Von Miller at 5. So I think that leaves us a few DL's or Peterson at 6. It just makes to much sense to to take Peterson so we can fill 2 holes with 1 draft pick. And yes I do agree resigning Abe. He will make a great back up and really came on late last year.

                AZ, it could be argued, also needs a QB. you may be wrong about green and newton. with the amount of talent on the DL that this draft class has green could definately be there at 6.

                and newton???? talk about someone i wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole. nope, let him be an entertainer/icon somewhere else. he's got jamarcus russel written all over him. if i were a GM i wouldn't look his way till the 3rd round or later. now i know that isn't gonna happen, but hey..........not all GMs are as smart as they could be.

                secondwave S Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 431 Posts
                • 50 Reputation
                S secondwave wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @gafreleets said:

                he won't be on the board at 6. he's probably the best player in this draft and unless the teams that have picks 1-5 completely ingore this fact there is no way he slips to 6.

                While I agree he's the best player in the draft (Green being the somewhat-distant second), there's still a chance he'll be there. The Panthers won't take him #1. Schefter (who I trust) says they really really like Newton, and the other half of pundits say Gabbert. Whoever isn't chosen will probably go to buffalo at #3. #2 will probably be Marcell Dareus since Champ got resigned.

                That leaves Nick Fairley, Von Miller, AJ Green and Peterson at the #4 and 5 ahead of us. AJ is projected at #4 since they need help at WR and Von Miller is looking reeeeeally good to the Cardinals, apparently.

                Hell, i'm cool with Von Miller if the Cardinals take Peterson.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • S secondwave

                  No to Bowers.

                  I'm starting to feel as though he's a one-hit wonder. His injuries long-term have me slighted.

                  Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 241 Reputation
                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @secondwave said:

                  No to Bowers.

                  I'm starting to feel as though he's a one-hit wonder. His injuries long-term have me slighted.

                  He was the #1 prospect when he went to Clemson so it's not like things were not expected from him and it's also not like he had a horrible season before his junior year either, he had something like 50 tackles with 3 sacks, which is the kind of season where when it's over you expect that player to do even better than he did the year before, which he did this year with 15 sacks. Also he really doesn't have and extensive injury history. His current injury is an MCL tear which really isn't as serious as it sounds. A full MCL tear is probably better than a small partial ACL tear. Plus he played like around half of his season with the injury which speaks volumes about his mental toughness. I would probably like a safer pick at DE like Jordan, but at pick 6 Bowers has a whole lot of upside and not as much down side as pundits are trying to get people to believe now.

                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                    @secondwave said:

                    No to Bowers.

                    I'm starting to feel as though he's a one-hit wonder. His injuries long-term have me slighted.

                    He was the #1 prospect when he went to Clemson so it's not like things were not expected from him and it's also not like he had a horrible season before his junior year either, he had something like 50 tackles with 3 sacks, which is the kind of season where when it's over you expect that player to do even better than he did the year before, which he did this year with 15 sacks. Also he really doesn't have and extensive injury history. His current injury is an MCL tear which really isn't as serious as it sounds. A full MCL tear is probably better than a small partial ACL tear. Plus he played like around half of his season with the injury which speaks volumes about his mental toughness. I would probably like a safer pick at DE like Jordan, but at pick 6 Bowers has a whole lot of upside and not as much down side as pundits are trying to get people to believe now.

                    secondwave S Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 431 Posts
                    • 50 Reputation
                    S secondwave wrote on last edited by secondwave
                    #9

                    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                    He was the #1 prospect when he went to Clemson so it's not like things were not expected from him and it's also not like he had a horrible season before his junior year either, he had something like 50 tackles with 3 sacks, which is the kind of season where when it's over you expect that player to do even better than he did the year before, which he did this year with 15 sacks. Also he really doesn't have and extensive injury history. His current injury is an MCL tear which really isn't as serious as it sounds. A full MCL tear is probably better than a small partial ACL tear. Plus he played like around half of his season with the injury which speaks volumes about his mental toughness. I would probably like a safer pick at DE like Jordan, but at pick 6 Bowers has a whole lot of upside and not as much down side as pundits are trying to get people to believe now.

                    He's been consistently 'good' (not great) at the college level. Totally different medium.

                    As a prospect he's great, probably about a 9/10, but he's not a home-run the same way AJ Green or Peterson are. When drafting this high in the draft, I wouldn't waste it on Bowers, don't let the numbers deceive you. If Peterson, Von Miller, or AJ Green aren't there, i'd trade down and we could still end up with Jordan.

                    Notice how I didn't cluster my paragraph 😉

                    ? 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • T Thomaspro

                      I just do not see Newton, Gabbert, or Green being on the board at 6. Denver needs a wr for Orton/Tebow, Buffalo at 3 needs a QB, and Cincy will need a QB at 4. AZ will go DL or LB with Von Miller at 5. So I think that leaves us a few DL's or Peterson at 6. It just makes to much sense to to take Peterson so we can fill 2 holes with 1 draft pick. And yes I do agree resigning Abe. He will make a great back up and really came on late last year.

                      jnuh J
                      • 402 Posts
                      • 27 Reputation
                      J jnuh wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @thomaspro said:

                      I just do not see Newton, Gabbert, or Green being on the board at 6. Denver needs a wr for Orton/Tebow, Buffalo at 3 needs a QB, and Cincy will need a QB at 4. AZ will go DL or LB with Von Miller at 5. So I think that leaves us a few DL's or Peterson at 6. It just makes to much sense to to take Peterson so we can fill 2 holes with 1 draft pick. And yes I do agree resigning Abe. He will make a great back up and really came on late last year.

                      I don't think Denver is weak enough at WR to say they NEED a WR. Loyd had a really really good year (1400 yrds 11 TDs), Eddie Royal is a decent slot guy, and they drafted Thomas in the first round last year. They also drafted Eric Decker in the mid rounds last year and I think he has some promise. I am definitly not saying they have the best WR's, but WR definitly isn't there biggest need.

                      I would personally be shocked to see the Broncos draft Green over Peterson.

                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 5k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I wouldn't mind peterson, but I strongly agree that he won't be there at 6. He's just too good, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a top 5 team (I'm thinking the bengals personally) would make a trade with another team to draft up and take him. I also just have this gut feeling panthers aren't going to go QB, but a safe pick in Dareus or Fairley, whoever they like better there. I would personally be shocked if the broncos don't take peterson at 2, or the bills at 3 if they don't like the QB class.

                        I think the team that no one is talking a lot about that could have a huge impact on the browns is the cardinals. I personally don't see how the world they wouldn't draft QB, but i guess they don't like anyone that high, i'm not sure.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • J jnuh

                          @thomaspro said:

                          I just do not see Newton, Gabbert, or Green being on the board at 6. Denver needs a wr for Orton/Tebow, Buffalo at 3 needs a QB, and Cincy will need a QB at 4. AZ will go DL or LB with Von Miller at 5. So I think that leaves us a few DL's or Peterson at 6. It just makes to much sense to to take Peterson so we can fill 2 holes with 1 draft pick. And yes I do agree resigning Abe. He will make a great back up and really came on late last year.

                          I don't think Denver is weak enough at WR to say they NEED a WR. Loyd had a really really good year (1400 yrds 11 TDs), Eddie Royal is a decent slot guy, and they drafted Thomas in the first round last year. They also drafted Eric Decker in the mid rounds last year and I think he has some promise. I am definitly not saying they have the best WR's, but WR definitly isn't there biggest need.

                          I would personally be shocked to see the Broncos draft Green over Peterson.

                          secondwave S Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 431 Posts
                          • 50 Reputation
                          S secondwave wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @jnuh said:

                          I would personally be shocked to see the Broncos draft Green over Peterson.

                          Am I missing something? I'd be shocked if the Broncos chose AJ Green at all. Demaryius Thomas has the potential to be a really, really good WR. Not to mention Llyod just had a career year so they're fine at that position.

                          hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • S secondwave

                            @jnuh said:

                            I would personally be shocked to see the Broncos draft Green over Peterson.

                            Am I missing something? I'd be shocked if the Broncos chose AJ Green at all. Demaryius Thomas has the potential to be a really, really good WR. Not to mention Llyod just had a career year so they're fine at that position.

                            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 20k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @secondwave said:

                            Am I missing something? I'd be shocked if the Broncos chose AJ Green at all. Demaryius Thomas has the potential to be a really, really good WR. Not to mention Llyod just had a career year so they're fine at that position.

                            And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                            T Harry BuffaloH S 3 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • hoortaH hoorta

                              @secondwave said:

                              Am I missing something? I'd be shocked if the Broncos chose AJ Green at all. Demaryius Thomas has the potential to be a really, really good WR. Not to mention Llyod just had a career year so they're fine at that position.

                              And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                              Thomaspro T
                              • 178 Posts
                              • 9 Reputation
                              T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @hoorta said:

                              And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                              I am all for the Browns trading down and getting multiple picks. we do have too many holes overall. But Heckert will draft by BPA.

                              In Heckert I trust!

                              Thomaspro

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • hoortaH hoorta

                                @secondwave said:

                                Am I missing something? I'd be shocked if the Broncos chose AJ Green at all. Demaryius Thomas has the potential to be a really, really good WR. Not to mention Llyod just had a career year so they're fine at that position.

                                And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                                Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                • 3k Posts
                                • 241 Reputation
                                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @hoorta said:

                                And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                                Heckert has made it abundantly clear that he is going to draft BPA. This does not rule out that they could trade back, but that's only if the players he wants at 6 are not there, and Peterson is there. He is known for drafting very talented CBs, even when there was not reason for him to do so, and this year Cb is still somewhat of a need. Also I don't see LB being as much of a need anymore with the resigning of Jackson. I think our needs to DL/WR/DB/LB/ and then OL.

                                Ruining threads since 1897.
                                T hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                                  @hoorta said:

                                  And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                                  Heckert has made it abundantly clear that he is going to draft BPA. This does not rule out that they could trade back, but that's only if the players he wants at 6 are not there, and Peterson is there. He is known for drafting very talented CBs, even when there was not reason for him to do so, and this year Cb is still somewhat of a need. Also I don't see LB being as much of a need anymore with the resigning of Jackson. I think our needs to DL/WR/DB/LB/ and then OL.

                                  Thomaspro T
                                  • 178 Posts
                                  • 9 Reputation
                                  T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                  Heckert has made it abundantly clear that he is going to draft BPA. This does not rule out that they could trade back, but that's only if the players he wants at 6 are not there, and Peterson is there. He is known for drafting very talented CBs, even when there was not reason for him to do so, and this year Cb is still somewhat of a need. Also I don't see LB being as much of a need anymore with the resigning of Jackson. I think our needs to DL/WR/DB/LB/ and then OL.

                                  2 more positions they will look at. Qb late round, and maybe a scatback as well. Dont forget about Cecil Short

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • S secondwave

                                    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                    He was the #1 prospect when he went to Clemson so it's not like things were not expected from him and it's also not like he had a horrible season before his junior year either, he had something like 50 tackles with 3 sacks, which is the kind of season where when it's over you expect that player to do even better than he did the year before, which he did this year with 15 sacks. Also he really doesn't have and extensive injury history. His current injury is an MCL tear which really isn't as serious as it sounds. A full MCL tear is probably better than a small partial ACL tear. Plus he played like around half of his season with the injury which speaks volumes about his mental toughness. I would probably like a safer pick at DE like Jordan, but at pick 6 Bowers has a whole lot of upside and not as much down side as pundits are trying to get people to believe now.

                                    He's been consistently 'good' (not great) at the college level. Totally different medium.

                                    As a prospect he's great, probably about a 9/10, but he's not a home-run the same way AJ Green or Peterson are. When drafting this high in the draft, I wouldn't waste it on Bowers, don't let the numbers deceive you. If Peterson, Von Miller, or AJ Green aren't there, i'd trade down and we could still end up with Jordan.

                                    Notice how I didn't cluster my paragraph 😉

                                    c-dawg ?
                                    • Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    ? c-dawg wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @secondwave said:

                                    Notice how I didn't cluster my paragraph 😉

                                    LOL

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • hoortaH hoorta

                                      @secondwave said:

                                      Am I missing something? I'd be shocked if the Broncos chose AJ Green at all. Demaryius Thomas has the potential to be a really, really good WR. Not to mention Llyod just had a career year so they're fine at that position.

                                      And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                                      secondwave S Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 431 Posts
                                      • 50 Reputation
                                      S secondwave wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @hoorta said:

                                      And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                                      Why would it be a surprise? He's far and away the best player (with AJ Green 2nd). And has everyone forgotten about free agency? It's not far-fetched we draft Peterson, especially considering we were a horrendous pass defense last year. It's not like teams were afraid to pass on us. It should always be BPA when we pick this high.

                                      This draft is heavy on DL so we can afford to pick up another one 2nd round.

                                      I don't mind trading down but only for the right price, and it would need to be more than mediocre starters and a late 1st rounder.

                                      hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                                        @hoorta said:

                                        And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                                        Heckert has made it abundantly clear that he is going to draft BPA. This does not rule out that they could trade back, but that's only if the players he wants at 6 are not there, and Peterson is there. He is known for drafting very talented CBs, even when there was not reason for him to do so, and this year Cb is still somewhat of a need. Also I don't see LB being as much of a need anymore with the resigning of Jackson. I think our needs to DL/WR/DB/LB/ and then OL.

                                        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 20k Posts
                                        • 5k Reputation
                                        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
                                        #19

                                        Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                        Heckert has made it abundantly clear that he is going to draft BPA. This does not rule out that they could trade back, but that's only if the players he wants at 6 are not there, and Peterson is there. He is known for drafting very talented CBs, even when there was not reason for him to do so, and this year Cb is still somewhat of a need. Also I don't see LB being as much of a need anymore with the resigning of Jackson. I think our needs to DL/WR/DB/LB/ and then OL.

                                        Linebacker isn't much of a need? Really? OK, which of our linebackers could start for the Steelers or Ravens? I'll give you Fujita, maybe. As far as Jackson is concerned, you're making a huge assumption he can stay healthy- which he hasn't been able to do for the last two seasons.

                                        If you have 2 guys rated say 92 and 90 on your board, you're going to take the (slightly) lower rated guy if the need position is way weaker. LOL, you guys got corner fixation. Other than a really old Charles Woodson, the starting corners on the two Super Bowl teams aren't anything to write home about. You can get by with very average corners if your front seven is outstanding. and a killer DE will make a FAR greater impact on the Browns than a great CB with zero pass rush.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • S secondwave

                                          @hoorta said:

                                          And I'll be shocked if the Browns draft Peterson period- whether he's on the board when we draft or not. DL\LB\WR all rank ahead of CB on the Browns need list. I don't care HOW good a CB is, someone's going to bust open if you give an NFL qb all day to throw- and the Browns ranked #25 in sacks. #1, I'll save you looking it up- the Steelers. Assuming he's there, I could see the Browns mightily trying to do a trade down to get extra picks.

                                          Why would it be a surprise? He's far and away the best player (with AJ Green 2nd). And has everyone forgotten about free agency? It's not far-fetched we draft Peterson, especially considering we were a horrendous pass defense last year. It's not like teams were afraid to pass on us. It should always be BPA when we pick this high.

                                          This draft is heavy on DL so we can afford to pick up another one 2nd round.

                                          I don't mind trading down but only for the right price, and it would need to be more than mediocre starters and a late 1st rounder.

                                          hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 20k Posts
                                          • 5k Reputation
                                          hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @secondwave said:

                                          Why would it be a surprise? He's far and away the best player (with AJ Green 2nd). And has everyone forgotten about free agency? It's not far-fetched we draft Peterson, especially considering we were a horrendous pass defense last year. It's not like teams were afraid to pass on us. It should always be BPA when we pick this high.

                                          This draft is heavy on DL so we can afford to pick up another one 2nd round.

                                          I don't mind trading down but only for the right price, and it would need to be more than mediocre starters and a late 1st rounder.

                                          See above- teams were passing on the Browns because there was no pass rush to speak of, unless we blitzed linebackers. Now I agree this is an all-time heavy draft on DL, but I still say take Green if he's on the board.

                                          Far and away? Maybe, but CBs don't usually get taken that high- because of the relative impact on play. and as was stated elsewhere Peterson's KR value just wen down due to the rule change.

                                          S 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate