Skip to content

Mock Draft From Real Rams Fans.com

The Browns Board
26 7 1.5k
  • Hi Brown fans.

    First off Im a Rams fan but come here for help. On our site www.realramsfans.com we are conducting our own mock draft. 32 members joined and were assigned a team. I was assigned the Cleveland Browns. We are 3 rounds in and wanted to share the results with you and get some help on picks 4-7 if we make it that far. Each team has 4 hours to make there pick between the hour of 8-6PM.

    Well I just finished Clevelands 3rd round pick and thought I would share the results. Feel free to bash and critize and tell me what you would of done, Im very thick skinned....Im a Rams fan after all.

    Round 1 Pick 6

    Nick Fairley,DT, Auburn. My thoughts is he is good fit next to Rubin if you switch to a 4-3 and can play DE in a 3-4. Still not sure what Clevelands plans are here.

    Round 2 Pick 37

    Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland. I was a big fan of Robiske coming out of OSU, Smith's speed on the outside may open the middle for Robiske.

    Round 3 Pick 70

    Dontay Moch LB, Nevada. Probably the best pass rusher available at this spot. 4.4 40, tremendous upside. Sam Acho would of been the pick here but was taken by Arizona. Lance Kendrick and Danny Watkins were considered here also. Watkins has great value here but I thought I read one of the guard spots was going to be given to a young guy. With Watson and Royal at TE already I thought Moch had too much value here.

    Moving forward Im looking to add to the offense give McCoy some additional weapons. A third down weapon to spell Hillis some upside WR's maybe.

    Your thoughts??? Let em rip! Hope I did good by you all.

  • Zombo said:

    I love these picks. Fairly next to Rubin makes my mouth water. Torrey Smith should work out perfectly well in a WCO. A Speed upgrade at LB is essential for this team, so the Nevada kid is perfect.

    A+ in my book.

    Zombo

    Thanks, I had considered Julio Jones, but Fairley to me is too good to pass up at that spot. Plus I think Rubin will keep him in line. Fairley and Rubin is scary.

  • Zombo said:

    I love these picks. Fairly next to Rubin makes my mouth water. Torrey Smith should work out perfectly well in a WCO. A Speed upgrade at LB is essential for this team, so the Nevada kid is perfect.

    A+ in my book.

    Zombo

    Thanks, I had considered Julio Jones, but Fairley to me is too good to pass up at that spot. Plus I think Rubin will keep him in line. Fairley and Rubin is scary.

    @boston-ram said:

    Thanks, I had considered Julio Jones, but Fairley to me is too good to pass up at that spot. Plus I think Rubin will keep him in line. Fairley and Rubin is scary.

    Hmmm I probably wouldn't have chose Fairley, but then again it depends on what the first 5 picks were in your mock. And if any QBs came off the board then no way I choose Fairley.

  • @boston-ram said:

    Thanks, I had considered Julio Jones, but Fairley to me is too good to pass up at that spot. Plus I think Rubin will keep him in line. Fairley and Rubin is scary.

    Hmmm I probably wouldn't have chose Fairley, but then again it depends on what the first 5 picks were in your mock. And if any QBs came off the board then no way I choose Fairley.

    @runyon27 said:

    Hmmm I probably wouldn't have chose Fairley, but then again it depends on what the first 5 picks were in your mock. And if any QBs came off the board then no way I choose Fairley.

    Here is your top ten

    #1. Carolina Panthers- FinalDrive

    DT Marcell Dareus (Alabama)

    #2. Denver Broncos- Ramzee

    CB Patrick Peterson (LSU)

    #3 Buffalo Bills- SuperBowl XXXIV Champions

    LB Von Miller (Texas A&M)

    #4. Cincinnati Bengals- dontcare

    WR A.J. Green (Georgia)

    #5. Arizona Cardinals- U GotRam Right

    QB Blaine Gabbert (Missouri)

    #6. Cleveland Browns- Boston Ram

    DT Nick Fairley (Auburn)

    #7. San Francisco 49ers- jetplt67

    CB Prince Amukamara (Nebraska)

    #8. Tennessee Titans- cozmo

    DE Da'Quan Bowers (Clemson)

    #9. Dallas Cowboys- ZigZagRam

    OT Tyron Smith (USC)

    #10. Washington Redskins- howski3318

    QB Cam Newton (Auburn)

  • Sounds like a pretty reasonable deal to me. Browns certainly need the DL help. If we got Fairly lets just hope he doesn't become Big Money Part Deux.

  • Hi Brown fans.

    First off Im a Rams fan but come here for help. On our site www.realramsfans.com we are conducting our own mock draft. 32 members joined and were assigned a team. I was assigned the Cleveland Browns. We are 3 rounds in and wanted to share the results with you and get some help on picks 4-7 if we make it that far. Each team has 4 hours to make there pick between the hour of 8-6PM.

    Well I just finished Clevelands 3rd round pick and thought I would share the results. Feel free to bash and critize and tell me what you would of done, Im very thick skinned....Im a Rams fan after all.

    Round 1 Pick 6

    Nick Fairley,DT, Auburn. My thoughts is he is good fit next to Rubin if you switch to a 4-3 and can play DE in a 3-4. Still not sure what Clevelands plans are here.

    Round 2 Pick 37

    Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland. I was a big fan of Robiske coming out of OSU, Smith's speed on the outside may open the middle for Robiske.

    Round 3 Pick 70

    Dontay Moch LB, Nevada. Probably the best pass rusher available at this spot. 4.4 40, tremendous upside. Sam Acho would of been the pick here but was taken by Arizona. Lance Kendrick and Danny Watkins were considered here also. Watkins has great value here but I thought I read one of the guard spots was going to be given to a young guy. With Watson and Royal at TE already I thought Moch had too much value here.

    Moving forward Im looking to add to the offense give McCoy some additional weapons. A third down weapon to spell Hillis some upside WR's maybe.

    Your thoughts??? Let em rip! Hope I did good by you all.

    @boston-ram said:

    Hi Brown fans.

    First off Im a Rams fan but come here for help. On our site www.realramsfans.com we are conducting our own mock draft. 32 members joined and were assigned a team. I was assigned the Cleveland Browns. We are 3 rounds in and wanted to share the results with you and get some help on picks 4-7 if we make it that far. Each team has 4 hours to make there pick between the hour of 8-6PM.

    Well I just finished Clevelands 3rd round pick and thought I would share the results. Feel free to bash and critize and tell me what you would of done, Im very thick skinned....Im a Rams fan after all.

    Round 1 Pick 6

    Nick Fairley,DT, Auburn. My thoughts is he is good fit next to Rubin if you switch to a 4-3 and can play DE in a 3-4. Still not sure what Clevelands plans are here.

    Round 2 Pick 37

    Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland. I was a big fan of Robiske coming out of OSU, Smith's speed on the outside may open the middle for Robiske.

    Round 3 Pick 70

    Dontay Moch LB, Nevada. Probably the best pass rusher available at this spot. 4.4 40, tremendous upside. Sam Acho would of been the pick here but was taken by Arizona. Lance Kendrick and Danny Watkins were considered here also. Watkins has great value here but I thought I read one of the guard spots was going to be given to a young guy. With Watson and Royal at TE already I thought Moch had too much value here.

    Moving forward Im looking to add to the offense give McCoy some additional weapons. A third down weapon to spell Hillis some upside WR's maybe.

    Your thoughts??? Let em rip! Hope I did good by you all.

    Royal was released after the season so the two TE's are Watson and Moore. I don't think we will take a TE at all unless it is a late round guy, probably the FB/TE dude coming out of N. Carolina. Make sure you have us taking a DE or two, cause we don't have any. I do like your first 3 picks though. I would go 4th: DE, 5th: OT 6th, 1:RB 6th, 2: DE or WR and 7th: FB, TE, WR, Speed.

  • I like the draft Fairley just scares me as his charcter issues and i think once he gets his paycheck he might not be the same player but you never know...

    id go

    1st.AJ Green

    2nd.Stephen Paea

    3rd.Sam Acho/Allen Bailey

    4th.Marcus Gilbert

    5th.Jacquizz Rodgers

    6th.Greg Mcelory

    7th.Best Kicker Avaiable

  • @boston-ram said:

    Hi Brown fans.

    First off Im a Rams fan but come here for help. On our site www.realramsfans.com we are conducting our own mock draft. 32 members joined and were assigned a team. I was assigned the Cleveland Browns. We are 3 rounds in and wanted to share the results with you and get some help on picks 4-7 if we make it that far. Each team has 4 hours to make there pick between the hour of 8-6PM.

    Well I just finished Clevelands 3rd round pick and thought I would share the results. Feel free to bash and critize and tell me what you would of done, Im very thick skinned....Im a Rams fan after all.

    Round 1 Pick 6

    Nick Fairley,DT, Auburn. My thoughts is he is good fit next to Rubin if you switch to a 4-3 and can play DE in a 3-4. Still not sure what Clevelands plans are here.

    Round 2 Pick 37

    Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland. I was a big fan of Robiske coming out of OSU, Smith's speed on the outside may open the middle for Robiske.

    Round 3 Pick 70

    Dontay Moch LB, Nevada. Probably the best pass rusher available at this spot. 4.4 40, tremendous upside. Sam Acho would of been the pick here but was taken by Arizona. Lance Kendrick and Danny Watkins were considered here also. Watkins has great value here but I thought I read one of the guard spots was going to be given to a young guy. With Watson and Royal at TE already I thought Moch had too much value here.

    Moving forward Im looking to add to the offense give McCoy some additional weapons. A third down weapon to spell Hillis some upside WR's maybe.

    Your thoughts??? Let em rip! Hope I did good by you all.

    Royal was released after the season so the two TE's are Watson and Moore. I don't think we will take a TE at all unless it is a late round guy, probably the FB/TE dude coming out of N. Carolina. Make sure you have us taking a DE or two, cause we don't have any. I do like your first 3 picks though. I would go 4th: DE, 5th: OT 6th, 1:RB 6th, 2: DE or WR and 7th: FB, TE, WR, Speed.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Royal was released after the season so the two TE's are Watson and Moore. I don't think we will take a TE at all unless it is a late round guy, probably the FB/TE dude coming out of N. Carolina. Make sure you have us taking a DE or two, cause we don't have any. I do like your first 3 picks though. I would go 4th: DE, 5th: OT 6th, 1:RB 6th, 2: DE or WR and 7th: FB, TE, WR, Speed.

    I am looking DE in the 4th, Greg Romeus from Pittsburgh should be available. Im struggling to figure out what defense the Browns are going to play next year, I have heard they are switching to a 4-3. Thats why Fairley made so much sense, he can play in both IMO. I think Moch could also play in both DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. Romeus is a strict 4-3 DE so he wont make much sense if Cleveland stays in a 3-4. Please let me know your thoughts on next years defensive alignment.

  • I like the draft Fairley just scares me as his charcter issues and i think once he gets his paycheck he might not be the same player but you never know...

    id go

    1st.AJ Green

    2nd.Stephen Paea

    3rd.Sam Acho/Allen Bailey

    4th.Marcus Gilbert

    5th.Jacquizz Rodgers

    6th.Greg Mcelory

    7th.Best Kicker Avaiable

    @nw220 said:

    I like the draft Fairley just scares me as his charcter issues and i think once he gets his paycheck he might not be the same player but you never know...

    id go

    1st.AJ Green

    2nd.Stephen Paea

    3rd.Jerrel Jernigan

    4th.Marcus Gilbert

    5th.Jacquizz Rodgers

    6th.Greg Mcelory

    7th. Best Kicker Avaiable

    Green was gone so Fairley was next. Paea would of been the pick in round 2 and Greg Little in round 3 but Paea was gone to Denver in the 2nd so I though Smith had some value at 37 and Colt needs a playmaker. I like Rodgers a lot also and would be a nice pick in the 5th. There is kind of glut of players like him from round 3-6 so it will be BPA. If Todman from UConn is available in the 4th or Daniel Thomas of K State, they will be tough to pass up in the 4th. I dont see either getting to Cleveland there so RB could be a target in the 5th. Also I love DeAndre Brown WR out of Southern Mississippi in the 6th or 7th.

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Royal was released after the season so the two TE's are Watson and Moore. I don't think we will take a TE at all unless it is a late round guy, probably the FB/TE dude coming out of N. Carolina. Make sure you have us taking a DE or two, cause we don't have any. I do like your first 3 picks though. I would go 4th: DE, 5th: OT 6th, 1:RB 6th, 2: DE or WR and 7th: FB, TE, WR, Speed.

    I am looking DE in the 4th, Greg Romeus from Pittsburgh should be available. Im struggling to figure out what defense the Browns are going to play next year, I have heard they are switching to a 4-3. Thats why Fairley made so much sense, he can play in both IMO. I think Moch could also play in both DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. Romeus is a strict 4-3 DE so he wont make much sense if Cleveland stays in a 3-4. Please let me know your thoughts on next years defensive alignment.

    @boston-ram said:

    I am looking DE in the 4th, Greg Romeus from Pittsburgh should be available. Im struggling to figure out what defense the Browns are going to play next year, I have heard they are switching to a 4-3. Thats why Fairley made so much sense, he can play in both IMO. I think Moch could also play in both DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. Romeus is a strict 4-3 DE so he wont make much sense if Cleveland stays in a 3-4. Please let me know your thoughts on next years defensive alignment.

    We will be in a 4-3 next year, Jauron likes to play a sort of Cover 2

  • @boston-ram said:

    I am looking DE in the 4th, Greg Romeus from Pittsburgh should be available. Im struggling to figure out what defense the Browns are going to play next year, I have heard they are switching to a 4-3. Thats why Fairley made so much sense, he can play in both IMO. I think Moch could also play in both DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. Romeus is a strict 4-3 DE so he wont make much sense if Cleveland stays in a 3-4. Please let me know your thoughts on next years defensive alignment.

    We will be in a 4-3 next year, Jauron likes to play a sort of Cover 2

    @nw220 said:

    We will be in a 4-3 next year, Jauron likes to play a sort of Cover 2

    Thanks! I will draft based on that.

  • @nw220 said:

    I like the draft Fairley just scares me as his charcter issues and i think once he gets his paycheck he might not be the same player but you never know...

    id go

    1st.AJ Green

    2nd.Stephen Paea

    3rd.Jerrel Jernigan

    4th.Marcus Gilbert

    5th.Jacquizz Rodgers

    6th.Greg Mcelory

    7th. Best Kicker Avaiable

    Green was gone so Fairley was next. Paea would of been the pick in round 2 and Greg Little in round 3 but Paea was gone to Denver in the 2nd so I though Smith had some value at 37 and Colt needs a playmaker. I like Rodgers a lot also and would be a nice pick in the 5th. There is kind of glut of players like him from round 3-6 so it will be BPA. If Todman from UConn is available in the 4th or Daniel Thomas of K State, they will be tough to pass up in the 4th. I dont see either getting to Cleveland there so RB could be a target in the 5th. Also I love DeAndre Brown WR out of Southern Mississippi in the 6th or 7th.

    @boston-ram said:

    Green was gone so Fairley was next. Paea would of been the pick in round 2 and Greg Little in round 3 but Paea was gone to Denver in the 2nd so I though Smith had some value at 37 and Colt needs a playmaker. I like Rodgers a lot also and would be a nice pick in the 5th. There is kind of glut of players like him from round 3-6 so it will be BPA. If Todman from UConn is available in the 4th or Daniel Thomas of K State, they will be tough to pass up in the 4th. I dont see either getting to Cleveland there so RB could be a target in the 5th. Also I love DeAndre Brown WR out of Southern Mississippi in the 6th or 7th.

    Sorry i just saw your draft yeah i see it hard that no QBs go in the top 5 in which case i believe Cleveland will trade outta the 6th pick to Minnesota or anyone who wants Gabbert or Newton

    In your draft id take Fairley as well

  • @nw220 said:

    We will be in a 4-3 next year, Jauron likes to play a sort of Cover 2

    Thanks! I will draft based on that.

    @boston-ram said:

    Thanks! I will draft based on that.

    No problem heres to Julio Jones falling to you guys 😎

  • @boston-ram said:

    Thanks! I will draft based on that.

    No problem heres to Julio Jones falling to you guys 😎

    @nw220 said:

    No problem heres to Julio Jones falling to you guys 😎

    I wish lol. I dont see it happening. He is too good IMO. I will explain more tomorrow on why I dont think he will get to 14, got to go home to the wife and kids now. I really do hope Shurm does a good job for you guys as your head coach. He took a lot heat in StL but I think he did the right thing in developing Bradford and will do the same with McCoy. I think you guys will be in good hands, try to ignore the negative crap you may have heard.

    Look forward to more chatter tomorrow.

  • Bullshit. Fairley is over rated and a bust. Plus, he has character issues. We need players with experience, not one season under their belt. The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

    Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

    Take Jones or Peterson.

  • Agreed i like Jones or Peterson, and then Paea in the 2nd or Marvin Austin and if we decide to Go DE in the 2nd then Drake Nevis in the 3rd

  • Bullshit. Fairley is over rated and a bust. Plus, he has character issues. We need players with experience, not one season under their belt. The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

    Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

    Take Jones or Peterson.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Bullshit. Fairley is over rated and a bust. Plus, he has character issues. We need players with experience, not one season under their belt. The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

    Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

    Take Jones or Peterson.

    Peterson was gone and Jones was a option but I thought there was too much value with Fairley and fit a need and positioned next to Rubin could be pretty impressive. I would have to disagree on the overated part, he dominated in the SEC. When you watch him you see a distruptive force who dominates one on one and stuffs double teams. He makes players around him better. Im not sure what you are refering to when you say character issues. Are you talking about being a dirty player? Quite frankly that has been overblown somewhat, there are a couple of cheap shots but by in large there are more football plays there. Would you like to have James Harrison on your team? He is considered dirty but would love to see him playing for the Rams. Outside of that he has not character concerns, he has never been arrested, suspended, what exactly are the character concerns your worried about?

  • Agreed i like Jones or Peterson, and then Paea in the 2nd or Marvin Austin and if we decide to Go DE in the 2nd then Drake Nevis in the 3rd

    @nw220 said:

    Agreed i like Jones or Peterson, and then Paea in the 2nd or Marvin Austin and if we decide to Go DE in the 2nd then Drake Nevis in the 3rd

    Paea, would of been my selection in round 2 but was taken by Denver, Smith was my second option in round 2. Again Peterson was gone in round 1.

  • Bullshit. Fairley is over rated and a bust. Plus, he has character issues. We need players with experience, not one season under their belt. The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

    Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

    Take Jones or Peterson.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Bullshit. Fairley is over rated and a bust. Plus, he has character issues. We need players with experience, not one season under their belt. The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

    Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

    Take Jones or Peterson.

    Another note about Fairley being a dirty player, Tom Hackert publically supported Fairley

    Nick Fairley: The Auburn tackle (6-4, 298) won the Lombardi Trophy as the nation's best lineman. He led the SEC with 24 tackles for a loss and had 11.5 sacks. MVP of the 2010 BCS Title Game, he had five tackles, 3.5 for a loss, 1.5 sacks, and a forced fumble.

    Mayock has him ranked behind Dareus, and several mocks, including Pro Football Weekly's, have the Browns taking him. But Fairley has a reputation as a dirty player, with late-hit penalties and some spearing.

    Heckert disputed the reputation.

    "No, not at all," he said. "He's a tough player. I guess there's a fine line. It's not after the whistle stuff. I think it's more toughness than being a dirty player."

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/02/cleveland_browns_gm_tom_hecker_5.html

  • Bullshit. Fairley is over rated and a bust. Plus, he has character issues. We need players with experience, not one season under their belt. The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

    Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

    Take Jones or Peterson.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

    Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

    Take Jones or Peterson.

    Hard to tell since its a small window, was fired as GM after 2002. I dont think this gives you much of a sample. Not sure this supports your arguement, King was a risk along with Robinson and Stevens had character concerns coming out. All first round picks.

    http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/2009/12/holmgrens-draft-history/

    1999

    First round: 22 (22) Lamar King, DE Saginaw Valley State

    Round three: 16 (77 overall) Brock Huard, QB Washington

    Round Three: 21 (82) Karsten Bailey, WR Auburn

    Round four: 20 (115) Antonio Cochran, DE Georgia

    Round five: 7 (140) Floyd Wedderburn, T Penn State

    Round Five: 19 (152) Charlie Rogers, WR Georgia Tech

    Round Six: 1 (170) Steve Johnson, DB Tennessee

    2000

    First Round: 19 (19) Shaun Alexander, RB Alabama

    First Round: 22 (22) Chris McIntosh, T Wisconsin

    Second Round: 21 (52) Ike Charlton, DB Virginia Tech

    Third Round: 18 (80) Darrell Jackson, WR Florida

    Fourth round: 22 (116) Marcus Bell, LB Arizona

    Fourth round: 25 (119) Isiah Kacyvenski, LB Harvard

    Sixth Round: 9 (175) James Williams, WR Marshall

    Sixth round: 19 (185) Tim Watson, DT Rowan

    Sixth round: 24 (190) John Hilliard, DT Mississippi State

    2001

    First Round: 9. (from San Francisco), Koren Robinson – WR North Carolina State

    First round: 17. (from Green Bay) – Steve Hutchinson, G Michigan

    Second Round: 40. Ken Lucas – DB Ole Miss

    Third round: 82. (from NO through GB and San Fran) Heath Evans – FB Auburn

    Fourth Round: 104. Orlando Huff – LB Fresno State

    Fourth Round: 127. (compensatory pick) Curtis Fuller – S Texas Christian

    Fourth round: 128. (compensatory pick) Floyd Womack – OT Mississippi State

    Fifth Round: 140. Alex Bannister – WR Eastern Kentucky

    Sixth round: 172. Josh Booty – QB Louisiana State

    Seventh Round: 210. Harold Blackmon – CB Northwestern

    Seventh Round: 222. (from StL via GB and San Fran) Dennis Norman – OT Princeton

    Seventh Round: 237. (compensatory) Kris Kocurek – DT Texas Tech

    2002

    First Round: 28 (from Green Bay). Jerramy Stevens – TE, Washington

    Second Round: 22. (54) Maurice Morris – RB, Oregon

    Second Round: 28. (60) (From Green Bay) Anton Palepoi – DE, Nevada Las Vegas

    Third Round: 20. (85) Kris Richard – CB, USC

    Fourth Round: 22 (120) Terreal Bierria – S, Goergia

    Fifth Round: 11 (146) (From Indy) Rocky Bernard – DE, Texas

    Fifth Round: 34 (169) (Compensatory) Ryan Hannam – TE, Northern Iowa

    Fifth Round: 36 (171) (Compensatory) Matt Hill – OT, Boise State

    Sixth Round: 22 (194) Craig Jarrett – P, Michigan State

    Seventh Round: 21 (232) Jeff Kelly – QB, Southern Miss