Browns First Round Draft Trivia
-
Running Backs: Charles White, Touchdown Tommy Vardell, Mike Pruitt, Ron Johnson, are we counting Kevin Mack in the supplemental draft?
Michigan guys: How could anyone forget Braylon Edwards, Thom Darden, Ron (RJ) Johnson
OSU: the GREAT Paul Warfield, the BUST Craig Powell, Jim Houston
Center: Alex Mack
Running Backs: Charles White, Touchdown Tommy Vardell, Mike Pruitt, Ron Johnson, are we counting Kevin Mack in the supplemental draft?
Michigan guys: How could anyone forget Braylon Edwards, Thom Darden, Ron (RJ) Johnson
OSU: the GREAT Paul Warfield, the BUST Craig Powell, Jim Houston
Center: Alex Mack
I was not including Supplemental draft picks. (That's why I didn't include Kosar in the QBs)
But thanks for pointing that factoid out however.
-
Krzyzewski's: How could I forget the Junkyard Dog (biggest bust ever?), Bob Matheson or Bam Bam Ambrose?
Krzyzewski's: How could I forget the Junkyard Dog (biggest bust ever?), Bob Matheson or Bam Bam Ambrose?
You get the check Al with Junkin and Matheson. (not sure where Ambrose went to undergrad...but he went to law school with me)
-
QBs: Phipps, Couch, was Milt Plum a #1?
Plum was a 2d round pick. the others, yes.
-
This is why I hate your damn trivia questions Gip... they keep gnawing at me...
Jim Brown was a #6 in the first round, and Butch traded up one spot to take Winslow with the #6 as well (tricky my friend!)
Enough!!!!!!
This is why I hate your damn trivia questions Gip... they keep gnawing at me...
Jim Brown was a #6 in the first round, and Butch traded up one spot to take Winslow with the #6 as well (tricky my friend!)
Enough!!!!!!
Check. (I wasn't trying to be tricky...I only went by the lists I researched.)
-
STATUS REPORT on this trivia: Qs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 have been answered completely correctly.
The following remain to be answered:
#5. 3 schools from which the Browns have taken 3 or more 1st round picks besides OSU and Mich.
#7. We have 3 of the 4 centers. For the last one, think early years, the 50s.
#8. We have 3 of the 5 QBs. Same here for the others, think 50s.
#9. We have 7 of the 9 RBs. Again the 2 missing are 50s guys.
#10. What position have the Browns taken most with their first round picks
#11. What conference have the Browns taken the most 1st round picks from
#12. Name the HOFers that were Browns 1st round picks.
-
Krzyzewski's: How could I forget the Junkyard Dog (biggest bust ever?), Bob Matheson or Bam Bam Ambrose?
Krzyzewski's: How could I forget the Junkyard Dog (biggest bust ever?), Bob Matheson or Bam Bam Ambrose?
Actually Al, I think the nickname give Junkin was "The Mad Dog in a Meat Market".
-
Krzyzewski's: How could I forget the Junkyard Dog (biggest bust ever?), Bob Matheson or Bam Bam Ambrose?
Actually Al, I think the nickname give Junkin was "The Mad Dog in a Meat Market".
Actually Al, I think the nickname give Junkin was "The Mad Dog in a Meat Market".
thanks for the correction Gip... actually he just played like he was on junk.
Oh, and how could I have overlooked that the Browns drafted four players from my own alma mater: Pete Adams, Charles White, Chip Banks and Clay Matthews...
-
The WRs/TEs the Browns have drafted over the years in the first round are:
1956 Preston Carpenter
1959 Rich Kreitling
1961 Bobby Crespino
1962 Gary Collins
1964 Paul Warfield HOF
1966 Milt Morin TE
1973 Steve Holden
1978 Ozzie Newsome TE HOF
1979 Willis Adams
1994 Derrick Alexander
2004 Kellen Winslow Jr.
2005 Braylon Edwards
-
the 13 Big Ten Players the Browns have drafted in the first round are:
John Bauer, Illinois
Rich Kreitling, Illinois
Jim Houston, OSU
Paul Warfield, OSU
Ron Johnson, Mich.
Mike Phipps, Purdue
Thom Darden, Mich.
Mike Pruitt, Purdue
Steve Everett, Mich.
Craig Powell, OSU
Courtney Brown, Penn St.
Braylon Edwards, Mich.
Joe Thomas, Wisconsin
If the Browns draft either A.J. Green or Julio Jones, the SEC would tie the Big Ten with 13 picks.
-
These are the schools from which the Browns have taken their first round draft picks:
Michigan 5
So. Cal 4
Ohio St. 3
Florida 3
Kentucky 2
Alabama 2
Stanford 2
UCLA 2
Duke 2
Houston 2
Purdue 2
Tenn. 2
Illinois 2
Cal 1
Wisconson 1
Fla. St. 1
Miami, Fla. 1
Notre Dame 1
Boston Coll. 1
Penn St. 1
Texas 1
So. Miss. 1
Tex. A&M 1
Ariz. St. 1
Kansas st. 1
Trinity 1
UMass 1
Maryland 1
Ole Miss 1
TCU 1
Syracuse 1
Arkansas 1
Oklahoma 1
LSU 1
Ore. St. 1
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login