Skip to content

Which Injured Browns' Return Could Have The Biggest Impact?

The Browns Board
34 15 1.9k
  • Yeah i thought about going Fujita but we'll be in the 4-3 this year and i think he was really becoming a monster in that Rob Ryan 3-4,not saying hes not gonna have a great year this year i see big things for him...

    I just see Evan Moore having a breakout season and becoming one of the better TEs in the league eventually becoming the future TE for the Browns once Watson becomes a lil older

    @nw220 said:

    Yeah i thought about going Fujita but we'll be in the 4-3 this year and i think he was really becoming a monster in that Rob Ryan 3-4,not saying hes not gonna have a great year this year i see big things for him...

    I just see Evan Moore having a breakout season and becoming one of the better TEs in the league eventually becoming the future TE for the Browns once Watson becomes a lil older

    He did have a great year in the 3-4, but his natural position is the 4-3 and just his knowledge of the defense is going to make him worth having in the linebacking corps again. We keep this guy healthy and I can see 80-100 tackles with 7 sacks and 1-2 INT's in his future.

  • @nw220 said:

    Yeah i thought about going Fujita but we'll be in the 4-3 this year and i think he was really becoming a monster in that Rob Ryan 3-4,not saying hes not gonna have a great year this year i see big things for him...

    I just see Evan Moore having a breakout season and becoming one of the better TEs in the league eventually becoming the future TE for the Browns once Watson becomes a lil older

    He did have a great year in the 3-4, but his natural position is the 4-3 and just his knowledge of the defense is going to make him worth having in the linebacking corps again. We keep this guy healthy and I can see 80-100 tackles with 7 sacks and 1-2 INT's in his future.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    He did have a great year in the 3-4, but his natural position is the 4-3 and just his knowledge of the defense is going to make him worth having in the linebacking corps again. We keep this guy healthy and I can see 80-100 tackles with 7 sacks and 1-2 INT's in his future.

    I was thinking maybe around 100 tackles at best and around 4 sacks..

    If he gets 100 tackles with 7 sacks he could easily win Defenseive MVP of the league

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    He did have a great year in the 3-4, but his natural position is the 4-3 and just his knowledge of the defense is going to make him worth having in the linebacking corps again. We keep this guy healthy and I can see 80-100 tackles with 7 sacks and 1-2 INT's in his future.

    I was thinking maybe around 100 tackles at best and around 4 sacks..

    If he gets 100 tackles with 7 sacks he could easily win Defenseive MVP of the league

    @nw220 said:

    I was thinking maybe around 100 tackles at best and around 4 sacks..

    If he gets 100 tackles with 7 sacks he could easily win Defenseive MVP of the league

    Think of how close he would have been if he played the second half of the season.

  • @nw220 said:

    I was thinking maybe around 100 tackles at best and around 4 sacks..

    If he gets 100 tackles with 7 sacks he could easily win Defenseive MVP of the league

    Think of how close he would have been if he played the second half of the season.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Think of how close he would have been if he played the second half of the season.

    O i know and i dont doubt he cant get there, he was are true Mvp of the defense last year, it'll be nice to have him for an entire season to help lead are D

  • If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

  • If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    @roach said:

    If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    Im not expecting much from D'Qwell...I meanthis is going on what his 4th-5th season?

  • The good news is all of the guys named can make a impact when they return.

    Things can be very different.

  • I didn't vote because, as 'peen stated, any & all of them would have an impact. While they received no votes, the return of those offensive linemen is pretty darned important. Sometimes it's the sum of the parts.

    Mike

  • I wanted to vote for the two O-line guys, Fujita and Jackson but I decided to ultimately go with Jackson.

    Fujita is a pure leader and I think the defense did suffer tremendously when he was gone but it's expected of him to make a big impact on our D after what he did last year.

    Jackson is a 4 - 3 LB at heart and I really think the guy will shine now that we're switching back.

  • If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    @roach said:

    If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    D'Qwell's numbers have always been inflated due to how much our D was on the field. He was never an elite linebacker.

    By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.

  • I didn't vote because, as 'peen stated, any & all of them would have an impact. While they received no votes, the return of those offensive linemen is pretty darned important. Sometimes it's the sum of the parts.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    While they received no votes, the return of those offensive linemen is pretty darned important. Sometimes it's the sum of the parts.

    Mike

    great point about the o-line men. colt is going to need all the protection he can get so anything these guys can do to help the cause would be great. i said earlier in this thread that a case can be made for a number of people on the list. it will be interesting to monitor these players and see how much they can contribute this season.

  • @roach said:

    If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    D'Qwell's numbers have always been inflated due to how much our D was on the field. He was never an elite linebacker.

    By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    @secondwave said:

    By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    i don't know how deeply rooted fujita is in the 4-3 d (college and early pro-career), but he played 4 yrs in the saints 4-3 d and he did just fine. it won't be a switch for him, it will be a switch back to the 4-3 d.

  • I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???

  • I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???

    @nw220 said:

    I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???

    Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.

  • @nw220 said:

    I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???

    Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.

    Yeah thinks for clearing that up for me, i guess if he dosent not do to well we should put him at DE in pass rush situations sorta like Marcus Benard, and just let him get after the QB...He also offers depth and i know hes a team guy so hes not a huge problem for me...Even though i think we should take a look at LB in the draft..If DQ gets hurt again things will be thin, i actually think he will do very well next year...

    Id like Casey Matthews in the 4th if hes there just for some depth

  • Fujita... skills and leadership are key to this defense being great

    But, I would never doubt a RB with fresh legs wanting to prove himself. I say Hardesty based on position.

  • I feel like saying "J. Cribbs"

    I think he was a lot more injured than anyone thinks. If he could come back to his former glory, it would have a great impact on the team.

  • Well by the looks of it there could be alot of guys who could have a breakout season next year, things are looking better for Cleveland each season...We need to add an impact draft class like last year and we could be in the hunt

  • I went with Hardesty...My thought is that behind Hillis, we had no one that made a significant contribution carrying the ball. If Hardesty can stay healthy, I believe he is a very close second behind Hillis and can really add a lot of depth to this running game allowing Peyton a catch his breath no and then. Hardesty will gain some yards and in doing so, will allow Peyton to stay fresh and healthy to gain more yards too!

  • Fujita definitely. Like said before, he provides solid leadership and is a smart line backer. Hardesty won't get my vote until he can actually play through an entire game.