Skip to content

Which Injured Browns' Return Could Have The Biggest Impact?

The Browns Board
34 15 1.9k
  • @nw220 said:

    I was thinking maybe around 100 tackles at best and around 4 sacks..

    If he gets 100 tackles with 7 sacks he could easily win Defenseive MVP of the league

    Think of how close he would have been if he played the second half of the season.

    N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Think of how close he would have been if he played the second half of the season.

    O i know and i dont doubt he cant get there, he was are true Mvp of the defense last year, it'll be nice to have him for an entire season to help lead are D

  • R roach wrote on last edited by
    #14

    If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

  • If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @roach said:

    If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    Im not expecting much from D'Qwell...I meanthis is going on what his 4th-5th season?

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #16

    The good news is all of the guys named can make a impact when they return.

    Things can be very different.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I didn't vote because, as 'peen stated, any & all of them would have an impact. While they received no votes, the return of those offensive linemen is pretty darned important. Sometimes it's the sum of the parts.

    Mike

  • next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I wanted to vote for the two O-line guys, Fujita and Jackson but I decided to ultimately go with Jackson.

    Fujita is a pure leader and I think the defense did suffer tremendously when he was gone but it's expected of him to make a big impact on our D after what he did last year.

    Jackson is a 4 - 3 LB at heart and I really think the guy will shine now that we're switching back.

  • If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @roach said:

    If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    D'Qwell's numbers have always been inflated due to how much our D was on the field. He was never an elite linebacker.

    By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.

  • I didn't vote because, as 'peen stated, any & all of them would have an impact. While they received no votes, the return of those offensive linemen is pretty darned important. Sometimes it's the sum of the parts.

    Mike

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @canton-mike said:

    While they received no votes, the return of those offensive linemen is pretty darned important. Sometimes it's the sum of the parts.

    Mike

    great point about the o-line men. colt is going to need all the protection he can get so anything these guys can do to help the cause would be great. i said earlier in this thread that a case can be made for a number of people on the list. it will be interesting to monitor these players and see how much they can contribute this season.

  • @roach said:

    If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.

    D'Qwell's numbers have always been inflated due to how much our D was on the field. He was never an elite linebacker.

    By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @secondwave said:

    By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    i don't know how deeply rooted fujita is in the 4-3 d (college and early pro-career), but he played 4 yrs in the saints 4-3 d and he did just fine. it won't be a switch for him, it will be a switch back to the 4-3 d.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???

  • I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @nw220 said:

    I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???

    Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.

  • @nw220 said:

    I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???

    Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.

    N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.

    Yeah thinks for clearing that up for me, i guess if he dosent not do to well we should put him at DE in pass rush situations sorta like Marcus Benard, and just let him get after the QB...He also offers depth and i know hes a team guy so hes not a huge problem for me...Even though i think we should take a look at LB in the draft..If DQ gets hurt again things will be thin, i actually think he will do very well next year...

    Id like Casey Matthews in the 4th if hes there just for some depth

  • A AlbinoRhino40 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Fujita... skills and leadership are key to this defense being great

    But, I would never doubt a RB with fresh legs wanting to prove himself. I say Hardesty based on position.

  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I feel like saying "J. Cribbs"

    I think he was a lot more injured than anyone thinks. If he could come back to his former glory, it would have a great impact on the team.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Well by the looks of it there could be alot of guys who could have a breakout season next year, things are looking better for Cleveland each season...We need to add an impact draft class like last year and we could be in the hunt

  • LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I went with Hardesty...My thought is that behind Hillis, we had no one that made a significant contribution carrying the ball. If Hardesty can stay healthy, I believe he is a very close second behind Hillis and can really add a lot of depth to this running game allowing Peyton a catch his breath no and then. Hardesty will gain some yards and in doing so, will allow Peyton to stay fresh and healthy to gain more yards too!

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Fujita definitely. Like said before, he provides solid leadership and is a smart line backer. Hardesty won't get my vote until he can actually play through an entire game.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I dono Zombo about luxury pick i mean a team like NE is about probaly the only team that could afford on luxury picks, if Hardestry dosent pan out then he will be considered a waste..Brandon Spikes got picked two picks behind him i think he could really help are Defense right now or imagine if we grabbed Shipley to pair with his best friend McCoy there are alot of things that could of been instead..

    I wish Hardesty the best and i hope he has a great career ecspically for us, he has alot of talent

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I voted Yates because I embrace sarcasm.

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Zombo said:

    I mean that since we got nothing out of him last year he is like a bonus pick this year. An extra second rounder coming into camp.

    Zombo

    And he'll probably be injured before the final game of preseason. I hope it's not true, but this kid was not the smartest draft pick at that spot. I know, you never know how they'll pan out, but for his history of injuries, it wasn't a good move.