Which Injured Browns' Return Could Have The Biggest Impact?
-
If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.
D'Qwell's numbers have always been inflated due to how much our D was on the field. He was never an elite linebacker.
By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.
-
I didn't vote because, as 'peen stated, any & all of them would have an impact. While they received no votes, the return of those offensive linemen is pretty darned important. Sometimes it's the sum of the parts.
Mike
While they received no votes, the return of those offensive linemen is pretty darned important. Sometimes it's the sum of the parts.
Mike
great point about the o-line men. colt is going to need all the protection he can get so anything these guys can do to help the cause would be great. i said earlier in this thread that a case can be made for a number of people on the list. it will be interesting to monitor these players and see how much they can contribute this season.
-
If D'Qwell can be a glimpse of what many fans thought he was, then we'll win a Superbowl.
D'Qwell's numbers have always been inflated due to how much our D was on the field. He was never an elite linebacker.
By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.
By the way, what does everyone think about Fujita and his adjustment to the 4-3? I dont think he'll do as well as some of you are saying. Hopefully I'm wrong.
i don't know how deeply rooted fujita is in the 4-3 d (college and early pro-career), but he played 4 yrs in the saints 4-3 d and he did just fine. it won't be a switch for him, it will be a switch back to the 4-3 d.
-
-
I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???
I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???
Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.
-
I read somewhere that the reason the Eagles wanted to let go of Chris Gocong was because he wasnt a very good 4-3 linebacker, im trying to find the link....Any truth in that???
Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Ya and at the same time it was two years ago. We won't know until we seem him play in the 4-3 again. Even if he doesn't do to well I could see them just switching him to outside and Jackson in, or even have him play DE like he did in college.
Yeah thinks for clearing that up for me, i guess if he dosent not do to well we should put him at DE in pass rush situations sorta like Marcus Benard, and just let him get after the QB...He also offers depth and i know hes a team guy so hes not a huge problem for me...Even though i think we should take a look at LB in the draft..If DQ gets hurt again things will be thin, i actually think he will do very well next year...
Id like Casey Matthews in the 4th if hes there just for some depth
-
Fujita... skills and leadership are key to this defense being great
But, I would never doubt a RB with fresh legs wanting to prove himself. I say Hardesty based on position.
-
I feel like saying "J. Cribbs"
I think he was a lot more injured than anyone thinks. If he could come back to his former glory, it would have a great impact on the team.
-
-
I went with Hardesty...My thought is that behind Hillis, we had no one that made a significant contribution carrying the ball. If Hardesty can stay healthy, I believe he is a very close second behind Hillis and can really add a lot of depth to this running game allowing Peyton a catch his breath no and then. Hardesty will gain some yards and in doing so, will allow Peyton to stay fresh and healthy to gain more yards too!
-
Fujita definitely. Like said before, he provides solid leadership and is a smart line backer. Hardesty won't get my vote until he can actually play through an entire game.
-
I dono Zombo about luxury pick i mean a team like NE is about probaly the only team that could afford on luxury picks, if Hardestry dosent pan out then he will be considered a waste..Brandon Spikes got picked two picks behind him i think he could really help are Defense right now or imagine if we grabbed Shipley to pair with his best friend McCoy there are alot of things that could of been instead..
I wish Hardesty the best and i hope he has a great career ecspically for us, he has alot of talent
-
I voted Yates because I embrace sarcasm.
-
Zombo said:
I mean that since we got nothing out of him last year he is like a bonus pick this year. An extra second rounder coming into camp.
Zombo
And he'll probably be injured before the final game of preseason. I hope it's not true, but this kid was not the smartest draft pick at that spot. I know, you never know how they'll pan out, but for his history of injuries, it wasn't a good move.
-
Zombo said:
I mean that since we got nothing out of him last year he is like a bonus pick this year. An extra second rounder coming into camp.
Zombo
And he'll probably be injured before the final game of preseason. I hope it's not true, but this kid was not the smartest draft pick at that spot. I know, you never know how they'll pan out, but for his history of injuries, it wasn't a good move.
And he'll probably be injured before the final game of preseason. I hope it's not true, but this kid was not the smartest draft pick at that spot. I know, you never know how they'll pan out, but for his history of injuries, it wasn't a good move.
My thoughts excatly, hes been an injury concern since his early days at Tennessee and was a major if and we knew that and even traded up for him...Dont get me wrong i think he would have been a great NFL back if he could ever stay healthy, but if he dosent it will be a bad selection..There was alot of talent behind were he was selected like Brandon Spikes who could have been a force on the Browns D,or even Jordan Shipley who i really wanted and if we could of had him and McCoy. It would have made McCoy's transition to the NFL alot easier because they know each other so well and are best friends and set just about every Texas Record together...
-
i'm not even factoring hardesty into the mix. i guess you could say i'm playing it safe. the guy has to play significant time and stay healthy on a consistent basis. i'm trying to avoid thinking about what he can contribute this season until he gives me a reason to. his injury history and the fact he was hurt twice in the off-season (with the browns) and the 2nd injury was a season ending one make me skeptical. i hope the guy can stay healthy and do well, but i'm not getting my hopes up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login