For Steve
-
To be honest Heck I can'rt tell if you're really serious about this shit or just spouting democrat propaganda.
Anyway if you think it makes you a big man or more enlightened to call everybody racist I can't stop you.
I'm not a Republican per se I don't live in Mississippee and I think outlawuimg interracial marriage is outside the mainstream.
That said, I don't see racism as a major American problem. Everybody dislikes somebody.
Further what problem it does present is more due (IMO) to Black attitudes toward Whites.
And I think that the push to balkanize that race causes the feeling of seperatism which is your own version of liberal Juim Crow.
Creating a protected species does no on any good except the cynical group that poses as the defenders of the self proclaimed and chronic victims
And hypocricy?
I don't bring up the subject every few weeks. I merely respond to your repeated (and specious)charges.
Now go ahead and pretend this is about something else.
WSS
-
Ha. Yes, Steve. Obviously, the real problem with this poll showing blatant white racism, and surprising amounts of it, is black attitudes toward whites.
And pointing out lingering racism = balkanizing the races just like Jim Crow.
And protecting people from racism doesn't do any good. You've convinced me - civil rights laws are just a counterproductive waste of time.
You are really something. (Tired.)
-
"That said, I don't see racism as a major American problem. Everybody dislikes somebody."
I like that. "Racism isn't a major problem. And I can prove it by pointing out something that has nothing to do with racism."
So what kind of problem is racism, Steve? A boutique problem? And not in Mississippi, but wherever you're imagining.
-
"That said, I don't see racism as a major American problem. Everybody dislikes somebody."
I like that. "Racism isn't a major problem. And I can prove it by pointing out something that has nothing to do with racism."
So what kind of problem is racism, Steve? A boutique problem? And not in Mississippi, but wherever you're imagining.
"That said, I don't see racism as a major American problem. Everybody dislikes somebody."
I like that. "Racism isn't a major problem. And I can prove it by pointing out something that has nothing to do with racism."
So what kind of problem is racism, Steve? A boutique problem? And not in Mississippi, but wherever you're imagining.
When you catch your breath Heck, tell me where on the scale of the problems facing the US do you put racism? And why?
Above or below alcoholism drug addiction crime illegal immigration war the environment the economuy taxation foreign trade the infrastructure Obamas medical records Trumps hair
Pick a slot.
As Americans are citizens not entitled to hold views outside the mainstream?
Lets say some wish that the US would be a Christian theocracy? Or that Sharia law is preferable to what we have now?
(or any differuing views we want to use as examples?)
Do you have a real answer or just more railing?
WSS
-
I always have a hard time following your train of thought. You show a real inability to stay on topic, or create useful analogies. You're Useless Tangent Man. Suddenly you're suggesting that the idea that people are allowed to have views outside the mainstream is some excuse for racism.
I think white racism, and the blind spot people have to the effects of past white racism, is a real, continuing, and important issue, especially in certain pockets of the country. Yes, I do.
I think white (and black, for that matter) provincialism is a real problem. You're a great example of it.
For instance, you are always quick to point out that the reason Mississippi comes in 50th in many national categories is because they have a really high black population. What do you think would be the biggest reason why blacks in Mississippi underperform whites in Mississippi? What do you think would be the biggest reason why blacks underperform whites in the nation as a whole?
Or to put it another way, ever been to the Delta?
-
I always have a hard time following your train of thought. You show a real inability to stay on topic, or create useful analogies. You're Useless Tangent Man. Suddenly you're suggesting that the idea that people are allowed to have views outside the mainstream is some excuse for racism.
I think white racism, and the blind spot people have to the effects of past white racism, is a real, continuing, and important issue, especially in certain pockets of the country. Yes, I do.
I think white (and black, for that matter) provincialism is a real problem. You're a great example of it.
For instance, you are always quick to point out that the reason Mississippi comes in 50th in many national categories is because they have a really high black population. What do you think would be the biggest reason why blacks in Mississippi underperform whites in Mississippi? What do you think would be the biggest reason why blacks underperform whites in the nation as a whole?
Or to put it another way, ever been to the Delta?
I always have a hard time following your train of thought. You show a real inability to stay on topic,
That's rich. From the guy who switches tracks four times a post.
or create useful analogies. You're Useless Tangent Man.
Actually you're just to committed to a party line and too dishonest to discuss many issues.
Suddenly you're suggesting that the idea that people are allowed to have views outside the mainstream is some excuse for racism.
Actually as you know I'm saying some people hold views outside the mainstream.
You seem to think it should be outlawed. And you attack me for it.
I think white racism, and the blind spot people have to the effects of past white racism, is a real, continuing, and important issue, especially in certain pockets of the country. Yes, I do.
So you dodged the question. I'm shocked.
I think white (and black, for that matter) provincialism is a real problem. You're a great example of it.
So explain.
In what way am I a problem? Answer that.
For instance, you are always quick to point out that the reason Mississippi comes in 50th in many national categories is because they have a really high black population.
Actually, (again as you know but are unable to be honest about) VT posted a big list of observastions of Mississippee.
He left that one off the list. I saw no defense of the citizenry on that issue.
What do you think would be the biggest reason why blacks in Mississippi underperform whites in Mississippi? What do you think would be the biggest reason why blacks underperform whites in the nation as a whole?
Well I know the party line is that "the white man is keeping them down."
That's the slogan that helps keep people like you in business.
So here's why I think blacks underperform across the nation.
It's people like you who have made them the "white mans burden."
You who makes the excuses for that underperformance.
Those who foster the idea that it's racism that makes them that way.
The social programs that have destroyed the black families.
The skyroceting number of single mothers which leads to bad things.
To black "leaders" who get rich by pandering to those ideas.
And back to you and your party who has made them a protected class.
YOu who go to war over the slightest insensetivity, that would be a joke among other groups, as if it's their right to be catered to.
The double standard you proomote.
Run of the mill greed and lust for power Heck.
And it works so far.
That voting blioc in in your pocket.
But bark about that as you will, that seems like a more cynical version of racism than the fact that people in Miss don't like 'em.
So why do you think it's true?
And why am I to blame?
WSS
Or to put it another way, ever been to the Delta?
No.
So what?
WSS
-
Btw you do realize that up til now you've bickered endlessly when I said that there actually was an "underperformance" issues right?
WSS
-
Priceless. I particularly liked when you accused me of being "to (sic) committed to a party line" and then launched into this without any hint of irony:
It's people like you who have made them the "white mans burden."
You who makes the excuses for that underperformance.
Those who foster the idea that it's racism that makes them that way.
The social programs that have destroyed the black families.
The skyroceting number of single mothers which leads to bad things.
To black "leaders" who get rich by pandering to those ideas.
Or "Liberals did it." But that's not a party line. Suggesting that decades of slavery and codified racism might be the primary way to explain black underperformance is.
Like I said, you really are something.
And I apologize for not listing all of the 200 top issues that face America, and then deciding where the nebulous concept of racism ranks. It was a stupid question and I did the best with it I could.
-
And how are you the problem? You only see crass generalizations, with no sense of how your own background affects those generalizations, or how you come to them. Then you base your ridiculous, overly-simplistic opinions on those crass generalizations, all while imagining that they're profound and well-reasoned.
You'd never even bother to take the next step and entertain the notions that programs have been and are very effective, and some are less so, and some aren't at all. You're not even to that basic level. It's just about dismissing groups of people you don't like.
-
And how are you the problem? You only see crass generalizations, with no sense of how your own background affects those generalizations, or how you come to them. Then you base your ridiculous, overly-simplistic opinions on those crass generalizations, all while imagining that they're profound and well-reasoned.
You'd never even bother to take the next step and entertain the notions that programs have been and are very effective, and some are less so, and some aren't at all. You're not even to that basic level. It's just about dismissing groups of people you don't like.
And how are you the problem? You only see crass generalizations, with no sense of how your own background affects those generalizations, or how you come to them. Then you base your ridiculous, overly-simplistic opinions on those crass generalizations, all while imagining that they're profound and well-reasoned.
You'd never even bother to take the next step and entertain the notions that programs have been and are very effective, and some are less so, and some aren't at all. You're not even to that basic level. It's just about dismissing groups of people you don't like.
So correct me if I'm misunderstanding you.
Slavery, racism and lack of or underfunded programs have caused multiple generations of people to behave poorly.
These problems can be repaired by the right programs, correct?
Bad white people like me aren't supportive enough of the programs you expect to solve the disparity.
So the blame rests squarely on my shoulders.
Is that your take?
And without lying summarize my incorrect generalizations.
(and please spare me the every or all gag)
WSS
-
And how are you the problem? You only see crass generalizations, with no sense of how your own background affects those generalizations, or how you come to them. Then you base your ridiculous, overly-simplistic opinions on those crass generalizations, all while imagining that they're profound and well-reasoned.
You'd never even bother to take the next step and entertain the notions that programs have been and are very effective, and some are less so, and some aren't at all. You're not even to that basic level. It's just about dismissing groups of people you don't like.
So correct me if I'm misunderstanding you.
Slavery, racism and lack of or underfunded programs have caused multiple generations of people to behave poorly.
These problems can be repaired by the right programs, correct?
Bad white people like me aren't supportive enough of the programs you expect to solve the disparity.
So the blame rests squarely on my shoulders.
Is that your take?
And without lying summarize my incorrect generalizations.
(and please spare me the every or all gag)
WSS
So correct me if I'm misunderstanding you.
Slavery, racism and lack of or underfunded programs have caused multiple generations of people to behave poorly.
These problems can be repaired by the right programs, correct?
Bad white people like me aren't supportive enough of the programs you expect to solve the disparity.
So the blame rests squarely on my shoulders.
Is that your take?
And without lying summarize my incorrect generalizations.
(and please spare me the every or all gag)
WSS
No, that's not my take. God. How pointless this is.
My point is that saying "liberal social programs are the cause of black underperformance" is a political statement, not to mention ridiculous, and another one of your useless generalizations. And that people like you who think like that don't make very good policy, mostly because they're not interested in policy. They're interested in resentment and pique.
What programs are you talking about? Name one.
-
Heck translation:
"AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!! I am TRYING to figure out how to effectively use racism to benefit Democratic incumbents in the 2012 election, Steve,
STOP KICKING MY BUTT AND MAKING ME CRY"
"sniff"
-
So correct me if I'm misunderstanding you.
Slavery, racism and lack of or underfunded programs have caused multiple generations of people to behave poorly.
These problems can be repaired by the right programs, correct?
Bad white people like me aren't supportive enough of the programs you expect to solve the disparity.
So the blame rests squarely on my shoulders.
Is that your take?
And without lying summarize my incorrect generalizations.
(and please spare me the every or all gag)
WSS
No, that's not my take. God. How pointless this is.
My point is that saying "liberal social programs are the cause of black underperformance" is a political statement, not to mention ridiculous, and another one of your useless generalizations. And that people like you who think like that don't make very good policy, mostly because they're not interested in policy. They're interested in resentment and pique.
What programs are you talking about? Name one.
No, that's not my take. God. How pointless this is.
Yes Heck it is pointless.
You won't be honest.
OK
That's not the point.
Does that mean you disagree or just refuse to agree?
It's a simple question.
Go back and try again.
I just deleted most of this as i know you won't give a straight answer.
I figure you're angry at me and can't really refute any of my reasonable comments so you just scream racist over and over.
I'll think of a list of yes or nos for you to dodge when I have time.
WSS
-
No, that's not my take. God. How pointless this is.
Yes Heck it is pointless.
You won't be honest.
OK
That's not the point.
Does that mean you disagree or just refuse to agree?
It's a simple question.
Go back and try again.
I just deleted most of this as i know you won't give a straight answer.
I figure you're angry at me and can't really refute any of my reasonable comments so you just scream racist over and over.
I'll think of a list of yes or nos for you to dodge when I have time.
WSS
I just deleted most of this as i know you won't give a straight answer.
I figure you're angry at me and can't really refute any of my reasonable comments so you just scream racist over and over.
I'll think of a list of yes or nos for you to dodge when I have time.
WSS
I'll let you know when I see a reasonable comment. All we get are poorly framed and essentially useless absolutes and generalizations.
-
I just deleted most of this as i know you won't give a straight answer.
I figure you're angry at me and can't really refute any of my reasonable comments so you just scream racist over and over.
I'll think of a list of yes or nos for you to dodge when I have time.
WSS
I'll let you know when I see a reasonable comment. All we get are poorly framed and essentially useless absolutes and generalizations.
I'll let you know when I see a reasonable comment. All we get are poorly framed and essentially useless absolutes and generalizations.
And that comes from the guy who starts a thread based on race baiting.
Great.
Tell you what Heck.
Why don't you list some unreasonable views I have without lying about them?I realize honesty isn't part of your job description but cripes, it's taken you literally years to admiit that your one most reliable voting bloc actually "underperforms."
I ask you why since you constantly bleat about the effects of slavery, white racism and lack of programs.
Then you huff "No! That's not my take."
Fine Heck.
Then what in your mind IS the problem (besides me)?
You keep bringing up the subject though I do react to your shit.
SDtep on up pard!
In fact anone who thinks I have views outside the norm speak up.
Just don't make it up.
WSS
-
You're funny.
You see, in your world, starting a thread about a poll that shows large amounts of lingering racism in the Mississippi Republican Party is "race-baiting." I'm wondering if you even know what the term means. More likely, you simply refuse to have a conversation about white racism in America. You also simply refuse to accept that the problem the poll highlights is actual racism, even while admitting that views against interracial marriage in 2011 are clearly racist. You're angry someone asked about it in a poll, and that someone started a thread about it.
I find that to be ridiculous, and another example of your reflexively provincial core.
And since you blamed liberal social programs for the problems in the black community, you should probably be able to name me one.
Head Start? Is that to blame for the problem of black fatherhood? Medicaid? What are you talking about?
-
You're funny.
You see, in your world, starting a thread about a poll that shows large amounts of lingering racism in the Mississippi Republican Party is "race-baiting." I'm wondering if you even know what the term means. More likely, you simply refuse to have a conversation about white racism in America. You also simply refuse to accept that the problem the poll highlights is actual racism, even while admitting that views against interracial marriage in 2011 are clearly racist. You're angry someone asked about it in a poll, and that someone started a thread about it.
I find that to be ridiculous, and another example of your reflexively provincial core.
And since you blamed liberal social programs for the problems in the black community, you should probably be able to name me one.
Head Start? Is that to blame for the problem of black fatherhood? Medicaid? What are you talking about?
You're funny.
You see, in your world, starting a thread about a poll that shows large amounts of lingering racism in the Mississippi Republican Party is "race-baiting."
It's plain as the hammer and sickle omn your hat Heck.
OK lets pretend you're puzzled.
Heck: Hey affordable pollster: I'd like you to find me an offensive issue, let's say interracial marriage, and then find out who those who hold the unpopular position favor in the Republican races.
PPP grunt: Why sir?
Heck : So we can whine that RACISTS LOVE HAILEY BARBOUR!!!!!
PPP grunt: Good thinking sir.
Now coward where's that list of my outrageous outside the maunstream views.
Come on big boy, quit dodging.
Then I'll be pleased to answer you.
Have the others help if you're unable.
If you can't or won't why wastye our time?
Just to repeat your accusations?
WSS
-
Wait. Why do I have to make up a list of your outrageous, outside the mainstream views again? I don't get it. I rarely understand your thought process. Did I say I have a list of these views and threaten to break them out? I really don't get it.
Look, Steve. I know you're convinced this poll was a Democratic plot to get Haley Barbour and I can't deny it and you're mad at me for posting about it, but I really don't think it was a Democratic plot to get Haley Barbour and saying so isn't that hard and I did post about it. And I understand why you think asking people about their views on race is crazy and manipulative. But that's what polling firms do - ask people about a variety of issues. In fact, the reason this poll made news is that nobody's asked that question in a long time, probably because they didn't think they needed to. Well, apparently they still need to.
What you can't seem to get yourself to talk about is that 46% of those polled gave an answer that even you admit was racist. (Let's forget the additional number that still weren't sure about the legality of interracial marriage.) You'll do anything to not talk about it. What you'd love to talk about is black racism toward whites, and liberal social programs being the cause of black underperformance. So I asked you to name one program that you think can be tied to that underperformance. You couldn't name one. I asked again and got no response. Then I suggested two, and still got no response. Now you're asking me for a "list of my outrageous outside the maunstream views." And I'm a "coward" if I can't produce it. Why? Nobody knows.
This is lots of fun.
So, what programs are you talking about?
-
Wait. Why do I have to make up a list of your outrageous, outside the mainstream views again? I don't get it. I rarely understand your thought process. Did I say I have a list of these views and threaten to break them out? I really don't get it.
Look, Steve. I know you're convinced this poll was a Democratic plot to get Haley Barbour and I can't deny it and you're mad at me for posting about it, but I really don't think it was a Democratic plot to get Haley Barbour and saying so isn't that hard and I did post about it. And I understand why you think asking people about their views on race is crazy and manipulative. But that's what polling firms do - ask people about a variety of issues. In fact, the reason this poll made news is that nobody's asked that question in a long time, probably because they didn't think they needed to. Well, apparently they still need to.
What you can't seem to get yourself to talk about is that 46% of those polled gave an answer that even you admit was racist. (Let's forget the additional number that still weren't sure about the legality of interracial marriage.) You'll do anything to not talk about it. What you'd love to talk about is black racism toward whites, and liberal social programs being the cause of black underperformance. So I asked you to name one program that you think can be tied to that underperformance. You couldn't name one. I asked again and got no response. Then I suggested two, and still got no response. Now you're asking me for a "list of my outrageous outside the maunstream views." And I'm a "coward" if I can't produce it. Why? Nobody knows.
This is lots of fun.
So, what programs are you talking about?
Wait. Why do I have to make up a list of your outrageous, outside the mainstream views again?
Simply because you continue to call me a racist in order to make yourself look more enlightened.
I offered you a forum to list my outrageous views and also to give me the correct reasons for the inequalty of one particular group.
So far you've typed and typed refusing to list them.
Because you can't.
If you did I'd point out you were lying and you'd seem more of an idiot than you are.
I take that as an admission that you were talking out your ass.
Unless of course you put your bullshit on the line.
And I know you really want to change the subject and that if I allow you too you'll think uou got off.
So you remain in check.
If you won't give me a straight answer why should I taske you serioulsly?
Because you aren't serious.
But it is cowardly.
You can prove me wrong.
Go for it big boy.WSS
-
Oh, I don't call you a racist to make myself feel better. I simply note that you often say racist/prejudicial things about black people. Because you do. Trust me, it doesn't make me feel any better that you describe urban blacks as "illiterate criminals on welfare," or go on and on about their "culture" is crap. (While having made your living off the music of "black culture" at times in your life.) Or when you post things that I remind you would get you fired from any modern workplace for being racist. (I think you even agreed to that at one point.)
Steve, if some of the things you've posted about blacks aren't aren't examples of anti-black prejudice, you'd have to tell me what they are instead. I'd think someone like you would even stop and say, "Okay, perhaps it's a crass generalization to refer to black Obama voters as 'illiterate welfare criminals'" and walk it back. But you never have. You don't think that's an example of anti-black prejudice at all.
Really? To me, that episode was right out of the textbook:
"The word prejudice is most commonly used to refer to a preconceived judgment toward a people or a person because of race, social class, gender, ethnicity, homelessness, age, disability, obesity, religion, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics. It also means beliefs without knowledge of the facts[1] and may include "any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence."
As for not typing about this before, I've addressed your statements just about every time you've made them, have I not? Isn't that why you're complaining that I always say this about you? So how can you say I'm always saying this about the things you write while claiming that I'm cowardly because I never call you on it? But I do, Steve! I do! That's why you're all upset right now.
Besides, I'm not that interested in deciphering just where you score on a scale of modern day racism. However, when I say that you're "part of the problem", I'd be happy to tell you what I mean by that: I mean that I think you're part of a provincial, rather antiquated group of white voters that resents blacks as a whole, doesn't think white racism is a lingering problem (even while resenting them as a whole), imagines that blacks are the ones who are really the racists, have no real interest in closing the black/white achievement gap or addressing any of the other problems caused by past racism, or lingering racism, and think every problem vis a vis racism or the underperformance of the black community can best be solved by not mentioning it and doing nothing. You also have no conception of how your being white affects any of these opinions. You simply think you've come to them through self-examination and a crystal clear view of American society, even though it's clear to me from what you write that you don't know or hang around with very many black people.
Does this mean I think you're an awful person who wants to hunt blacks on weekends like Tom Berenger in Betrayed? No. I don't even think you'd treat blacks poorly on an individual level. If a bassist you worked with were black, I don't imagine you'd care. I think you're fairly typical of white males who grew up when you grew up. There are lots of people who think like you when it comes to race. Which is a marked improvement from what white people your age believed in 1965, but not exactly where I think views on racial views should be in 2011.
And you think I'm a typical liberal who uses race as a partisan cudgel and I'm always lording it over white Republicans in an effort to deprive you of all those good black jokes.
So we understand each other.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login