We're Sitting In A Pretty Good Spot
-
And whoops, we're all thick headed because we wanted the best player available.
I guess no one but hoorta knows what they're talking about.
And whoops, we're all thick headed because we wanted the best player available.
I guess no one but hoorta knows what they're talking about.
Peterson is the BPA AT HIS POSITION. It's certainly debatable- and I'm not going to waste time doing so- whether he's BPA in the draft- period- like some here have done. I've seen enough football drafts to know "sure things" and "can't misses" well, they do. I also haven't fallen in love with a particular player yet- another draft day no-no.
FWIW, I already posted relative value to a team by position, and CB isn't in the top 3. I'm almost ready to give you my lead pipe lock, that the Browns will not draft Peterson, even if he's still on the board when they're on the clock.
Will I be upset if we take Peterson? Definitely not. Just have a feeling the Browns won't be going in that direction.
-
I'll say this for the last time- all you guys who have the hots for Peterson better hope he can cover #1 wideouts for 10 seconds- because that's how much time opposing quarterbacks will have to throw considering the current state of suckiness of the Browns front seven on defense. Rubin and Fujita are maybe the only 2 players there who could start for the Steelers, and you guys want another cornerback? Please- give it a rest already. Get it through your thick heads an effective pass rush negates the need for elite corners- the Giants & Colts Super Bowl winning teams, not to mention the runnerup Steelers are living proof of that. Asomugha and Revis are arguably the two best corners in the NFL right now, and their teams have been to how many Super Bowls? If you say none, go to the head of the class.
It's Green if he falls to us, BPA on the front seven, or a trade down. I'd love it if one of the two qbs were still on the board, we could swap with Washington, move down to #10, pick up an extra second rounder, and probably still get Julio Jones.
Larry, you know how i feel about our dismal pash rush. i'm with you man- but.........
Last year my dream draft was Haden and McCoy. Look it up. That's what i wanted. i had no idea that Heckert/Holmgren would be able to squeeze in two quality players between those two. They got an A+ from me.
This year i want Peterson. If he's off the board, then i'll trust whatever Heckert goes with. For my second pick, i want the Browns to take the best OT that is on the board. St Clair is a joke and i don't want to overpay some old veteran in free agency to protect McCoy.
There you have it. i've stuck my kneck out Chop it off. Besides, if we fix the pass rush, what am i gonna bitch about?
Larry, you know how i feel about our dismal pash rush. i'm with you man- but.........
Last year my dream draft was Haden and McCoy. Look it up. That's what i wanted. i had no idea that Heckert/Holmgren would be able to squeeze in two quality players between those two. They got an A+ from me.
This year i want Peterson. If he's off the board, then i'll trust whatever Heckert goes with. For my second pick, i want the Browns to take the best OT that is on the board. St Clair is a joke and i don't want to overpay some old veteran in free agency to protect McCoy.
There you have it. i've stuck my kneck out Chop it off. Besides, if we fix the pass rush, what am i gonna bitch about?
Oh, I trust Heckert & Co. to make the right call too.
No chopping Ed- just pointing out the Jets had Revis and Cromartie- and it wasn't good enough. Why? The LBs and DL weren't good enough. Minnifield and Dixon weren't good enough for the Browns.
We can agree St Clair was a joke- and RT needs to be addressed. But IMHO for immediate impact, getting a legit #1 wideout, or stud DL LB will have far, far, more immediate impact on the Browns than another cornerback- regardless how great- would.
Oh, I like Peterson- but personally there's about 3-4 other guys in this draft I'd rather have than him.
-
I am with Roach.
Peterson is the best player in the draft. If by some stroke of luck he is there when we pick, we better do a Irish Jig as we go to the podium to make him our selection.
I hosestly think our receivers will be better with the new NCO system. Our passing game the last few years was based on slow to develop pattern. I think the guys we currently have will be better in a quick to develop passing game, and we can also find some solid receivers for it later in the draft.
As for the pass rush, no way it can get any worse than it was...which means I again think it is going to improve based on system alone. Last year we played a hold your position D, many time just rushing 3 players. Unless we call some sort of zone that calls for a D lineman to drop off the rush and cover some underneath zone, we will have 4 guys rushing the QB on every play.
Add in our blitz packages were about as vanilla as it gets last year. I find it hard to believe Juron can't be a little more creative in that regard.
-
I am with Roach.
Peterson is the best player in the draft. If by some stroke of luck he is there when we pick, we better do a Irish Jig as we go to the podium to make him our selection.
I hosestly think our receivers will be better with the new NCO system. Our passing game the last few years was based on slow to develop pattern. I think the guys we currently have will be better in a quick to develop passing game, and we can also find some solid receivers for it later in the draft.
As for the pass rush, no way it can get any worse than it was...which means I again think it is going to improve based on system alone. Last year we played a hold your position D, many time just rushing 3 players. Unless we call some sort of zone that calls for a D lineman to drop off the rush and cover some underneath zone, we will have 4 guys rushing the QB on every play.
Add in our blitz packages were about as vanilla as it gets last year. I find it hard to believe Juron can't be a little more creative in that regard.
I am with Roach.
Peterson is the best player in the draft. If by some stroke of luck he is there when we pick, we better do a Irish Jig as we go to the podium to make him our selection.
I hosestly think our receivers will be better with the new NCO system. Our passing game the last few years was based on slow to develop pattern. I think the guys we currently have will be better in a quick to develop passing game, and we can also find some solid receivers for it later in the draft.
As for the pass rush, no way it can get any worse than it was...which means I again think it is going to improve based on system alone. Last year we played a hold your position D, many time just rushing 3 players. Unless we call some sort of zone that calls for a D lineman to drop off the rush and cover some underneath zone, we will have 4 guys rushing the QB on every play.
Add in our blitz packages were about as vanilla as it gets last year. I find it hard to believe Juron can't be a little more creative in that regard.
Hey 'Peen,
Did you write the above or did I?? LOL
I am a huge believer that system changes alone will improve & impact this Team. I also believe that if/when there is free agency, there is a "been in the wrong system" youngster out there that we may be able to sign reasonably. Vernon Gholston MAY be a bust, OR he may simply have been in the wrong system. I would risk my wrong system thought being the case, but we'll see.
Mike
-
i wish Terry Pluto would stop reading my stuff before he writes his Sunday column. This morning he called for drafting Peterson and then an OT. (sort of) Can't these guys come up with their own material? i don't post very often, but they seem to jump on it when i do.
Stan, can we send Terry a I Hate The Steelers t-shirt?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login