Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. New 2 Round Mock Draft

New 2 Round Mock Draft

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
19 Posts 12 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DFlo D
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    D DFlo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    After a week of work here it is, let me know what you guys think about it

    2011 NFL Mock Draft

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
      • 3k Posts
      • 241 Reputation
      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Not bad. Alot of the same picks I made in my Mock for the Walterfootball Mock Draft competition.

      Ruining threads since 1897.
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Nw220 N
        • 1k Posts
        • 27 Reputation
        N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Wow those are the same two exact players i have in my own personal mock draft, if not Peterson then Green would work as well, but i absouletly love Paea in the 2nd hes gonna be a steal and a beast in the middle..

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Thomaspro T
          • 178 Posts
          • 9 Reputation
          T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Perfect! I would love those picks. Round 3 needs to be spent on a WR maybe a Titus Young. Then DE for 4,5.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • LCDawgFan13 LCDawgFan13L One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 461 Posts
            • 8 Reputation
            LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            As much as I like Peterson, I still don't see us taking a DB at #6. I am actually starting to believe that Julio Jones will be our pick there if Green is gone. If we do go defense at 6, then our 2nd rounder has to be a WR. Or we're going to ruin yet another QB. Colt can't win games for us if Hillis is our ONLY offensive weapon. He needs a true #1 receiver to throw to!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
              • 64k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Two problems - since I already did my goofy 3 round draft. - Peterson is terrific - but he won't make a huge

              impact like a great DE will. We don't even HAVE a DE at one end of the dline.

              The other is, Paea is strictly a DL, not a DE, and the Browns need a DE. Terrific player though.

              If not for the CB and WR needs, a DE in the first, and Paea in the second would be very cool.

              According to my latest draft mag, Pro Football Weekly, Titus Young is the 3rd ranked wr, but

              is a marginal blocker, very slender build, not a great leaper,and "immature, and will require maintenance".

              I like Randall Cobb better - he's the fourth rated wr... a touch heavier, totally versatile, mature, ...

              and neither one, I think, will be there in the third round.

              The draft really needs to get here. It's spring, and I don't have any more time to read more, and get another mock draft wrong again. @@

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Nw220 N
                • 1k Posts
                • 27 Reputation
                N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                How about

                1.Patrick Peterson

                2.Stephen Paea

                3.Jerrnel Jernigan

                4.Marcus Gilbert

                5.Casey Matthews

                6.Dion Lewis

                6a.Greg Mcelroy

                7.Best kicker or BPA

                OR

                1.AJ Green

                2.Brooks Reed

                3.Drake Nevis

                4.Marcus Gilbert

                5.Damacrus Van Dyke

                6.Dion Lewis

                6a.Greg Romerous

                7.BPA

                I am not sold on Julio Jones ill post a video that shows you hes not great at getting seperation and thats the number one problem WRs have when the bust in this league...He is a clone of Braylon Edwards get physical speciemen but questionable hands....We've seen this movie before

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Nw220 N
                  • 1k Posts
                  • 27 Reputation
                  N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Zombo said:

                  Casey Matthews isn't going to last until the 5th round is he? Those Matthews boys are born pros.

                  Zombo

                  Naw most likely he'll go late 3rd early 4th but i was just putting what i would want...

                  Id take him in the 4th if hes there, considered DQ gets hurt alot...BTW hope your doing good Zombo

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • choco chocoC
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 352 Reputation
                    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Seems some still don't understand what bpa means....

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                      • 64k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      bpa? I think everybody knows that, but that is NOT the end all reason to draft a player.

                      bpa doesn't consider character and work ethic much, and how that player fits into your lockerroom.

                      Braylon Wailin Edwards was a "bpa". The Browns should have passed.

                      IOW's, bpa is only one part of deciding who to draft.

                      Needed Position is a part, as well as intangibles.

                      Savage knew how to take "bpa's"... and that doesn't work.

                      The Browns need to continue to pick the drg, not the bpa..

                      "doggone right guy"... @@

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • DawgPound4Life DawgPound4LifeD
                        • 88 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        DawgPound4LifeD DawgPound4Life wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        We NEED a Matthews boy on our team. If we can get him in the 3rd-4th round, they better snag him. I would like to see the Browns take WR Cecil Shorts out Mount Union. Dude is definitely NFL ready and a huge sleeper

                        N 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • DawgPound4LifeD DawgPound4Life

                          We NEED a Matthews boy on our team. If we can get him in the 3rd-4th round, they better snag him. I would like to see the Browns take WR Cecil Shorts out Mount Union. Dude is definitely NFL ready and a huge sleeper

                          Nw220 N
                          • 1k Posts
                          • 27 Reputation
                          N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @dawgpound4life said:

                          We NEED a Matthews boy on our team. If we can get him in the 3rd-4th round, they better snag him. I would like to see the Browns take WR Cecil Shorts out Mount Union. Dude is definitely NFL ready and a huge sleeper

                          Yeah id love to get Casey as well, i think Greg Little outta UNC is a great fit for the WCO and could be a steal say 3rd or 4th

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                            • 64k Posts
                            • 8k Reputation
                            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Greg Little = Braylon Edwards

                            Per my draft mag:

                            Greg Little has average long speed,, stop and go quickness, has a DIVA makeup, overly emotional, suspect character, average work habits.

                            NO.

                            Cecil Shorts of Mount Union would be a nice 5th round pick maybe. But he can't hold a candle to Cobb. Shorts is rated as the 17th best wr.

                            I don't see him as being better than anybody the Browns have already. It says he can be pressed, knocked off course, limited suddenness.

                            Who knows. I think he could be a fine slot player....

                            N 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • secondwave S Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 431 Posts
                              • 50 Reputation
                              S secondwave wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I trust everyone from the Matthews bloodline.

                              I'd take him in the fourth. Hell, we should try to pick up another late 3rd rounder and take him.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 5k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I think Casey Matthews will be a solid player, but I do not like him before the 4th at the earliest. I think we should grab a receiver way before considering Matthews. Our Linbacking core is solid, but we need to get solid players in front of them.

                                N 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                  I think Casey Matthews will be a solid player, but I do not like him before the 4th at the earliest. I think we should grab a receiver way before considering Matthews. Our Linbacking core is solid, but we need to get solid players in front of them.

                                  Nw220 N
                                  • 1k Posts
                                  • 27 Reputation
                                  N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @jrb12711 said:

                                  I think Casey Matthews will be a solid player, but I do not like him before the 4th at the earliest. I think we should grab a receiver way before considering Matthews. Our Linbacking core is solid, but we need to get solid players in front of them.

                                  Id actually trade back into the late 3rd to grab him, DQ is always hurt and even if he stays healthy its not like he cant learn somethings from him before he gives out

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • C calfoxwc

                                    Greg Little = Braylon Edwards

                                    Per my draft mag:

                                    Greg Little has average long speed,, stop and go quickness, has a DIVA makeup, overly emotional, suspect character, average work habits.

                                    NO.

                                    Cecil Shorts of Mount Union would be a nice 5th round pick maybe. But he can't hold a candle to Cobb. Shorts is rated as the 17th best wr.

                                    I don't see him as being better than anybody the Browns have already. It says he can be pressed, knocked off course, limited suddenness.

                                    Who knows. I think he could be a fine slot player....

                                    Nw220 N
                                    • 1k Posts
                                    • 27 Reputation
                                    N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @calfoxwc said:

                                    Greg Little = Braylon Edwards

                                    Per my draft mag:

                                    Greg Little has average long speed,, stop and go quickness, has a DIVA makeup, overly emotional, suspect character, average work habits.

                                    NO.

                                    Cecil Shorts of Mount Union would be a nice 5th round pick maybe. But he can't hold a candle to Cobb. Shorts is rated as the 17th best wr.

                                    I don't see him as being better than anybody the Browns have already. It says he can be pressed, knocked off course, limited suddenness.

                                    Who knows. I think he could be a fine slot player....

                                    Naw Julio Jones=Braylon Edwards

                                    E 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • N Nw220

                                      @calfoxwc said:

                                      Greg Little = Braylon Edwards

                                      Per my draft mag:

                                      Greg Little has average long speed,, stop and go quickness, has a DIVA makeup, overly emotional, suspect character, average work habits.

                                      NO.

                                      Cecil Shorts of Mount Union would be a nice 5th round pick maybe. But he can't hold a candle to Cobb. Shorts is rated as the 17th best wr.

                                      I don't see him as being better than anybody the Browns have already. It says he can be pressed, knocked off course, limited suddenness.

                                      Who knows. I think he could be a fine slot player....

                                      Naw Julio Jones=Braylon Edwards

                                      EmDiggy E
                                      • 201 Posts
                                      • 12 Reputation
                                      E EmDiggy wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @nw220 said:

                                      Naw Julio Jones=Braylon Edwards

                                      **In my sherlock holmes voice**

                                      Hmmm...Watson, I think you're on to something..

                                      I am in charge of me! www.footballgameplan.com www.youtube.com/footballgameplan
                                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • E EmDiggy

                                        @nw220 said:

                                        Naw Julio Jones=Braylon Edwards

                                        **In my sherlock holmes voice**

                                        Hmmm...Watson, I think you're on to something..

                                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @emdiggy said:

                                        **In my sherlock holmes voice**

                                        Hmmm...Watson, I think you're on to something..

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Theme
                                        • System
                                        • Light
                                        • Dark
                                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Forums
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Donate