Patrick Peterson
-
I absolutely love Joe Haden, but as a prospect (just as an NFL prospect), he's the better player.
Hell, even last year as a sophomore he was better than Haden.
-
If he is there, he is the pick unless heckert is blowing smoke about wanting to draft BPA.
I just don't think he is going to be there. One of 5 teams will come to their senses and select him before our selection.
Hayden has one island. If we can get another to take the other island, that simplifies what you do on D.
As Heckert said, you can't hide corner play. It's out there for everyone to see.
-
If he is there, he is the pick unless heckert is blowing smoke about wanting to draft BPA.
I just don't think he is going to be there. One of 5 teams will come to their senses and select him before our selection.
Hayden has one island. If we can get another to take the other island, that simplifies what you do on D.
As Heckert said, you can't hide corner play. It's out there for everyone to see.
If he is there, he is the pick unless heckert is blowing smoke about wanting to draft BPA.
I just don't think he is going to be there. One of 5 teams will come to their senses and select him before our selection.
Hayden has one island. If we can get another to take the other island, that simplifies what you do on D.
As Heckert said, you can't hide corner play. It's out there for everyone to see.
During his press conference he talked about how teams are in Nickel 60% of the time and how teams always need at least 3 good corners, with even some good back ups in case on injury because NFL QB's will find that one below average corner and throw to his guy. Plus worst case scenario with Peterson is when he gets here the see he is better suited for FS and the keep Brown as CB and that still fills a need.
-
If he is there, he is the pick unless heckert is blowing smoke about wanting to draft BPA.
I just don't think he is going to be there. One of 5 teams will come to their senses and select him before our selection.
Hayden has one island. If we can get another to take the other island, that simplifies what you do on D.
As Heckert said, you can't hide corner play. It's out there for everyone to see.
During his press conference he talked about how teams are in Nickel 60% of the time and how teams always need at least 3 good corners, with even some good back ups in case on injury because NFL QB's will find that one below average corner and throw to his guy. Plus worst case scenario with Peterson is when he gets here the see he is better suited for FS and the keep Brown as CB and that still fills a need.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Plus worst case scenario with Peterson is when he gets here the see he is better suited for FS and the keep Brown as CB and that still fills a need.
Peterson is my top choice. However, if there is any chance that the Browns feel he is a risk at CB and may need to be converted to Safety, then we should not select him.
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Plus worst case scenario with Peterson is when he gets here the see he is better suited for FS and the keep Brown as CB and that still fills a need.
Peterson is my top choice. However, if there is any chance that the Browns feel he is a risk at CB and may need to be converted to Safety, then we should not select him.
Peterson is my top choice. However, if there is any chance that the Browns feel he is a risk at CB and may need to be converted to Safety, then we should not select him.
I feel like even then he is worth the pick. Elam can hold the spot for the next year or two (I really think he did a good job progressing last year) but he is still suited better for SS. Plus when you add in that Peterson has good return ability (just in case Cribb's can't stay healthy again this year) and that FS lets him roam more and be more of a ball hawk (could be the next Reed) than he could be at CB, I don't see it being a bad pick at 6.
Even with that I don't see him switching to saftey until later in his career. He will defiantly play CB for a while and won't switch until he is around 30ish.
-
Haden never gave up a td in college?
Lol...huh?
http://digitalsportsdaily.com/nfl/80-draft/611-nfl-draft-cleveland-selects-florida-cb-joe-haden.html
Haden never allowed a touchdown reception during his 40 career starts and was a unanimous All-American selection
-
you don't know anything about college football if you honestly felt Haden was the better cornerback in college than Peterson lol.
-
you don't know anything about college football if you honestly felt Haden was the better cornerback in college than Peterson lol.
you don't know anything about college football if you honestly felt Haden was the better cornerback in college than Peterson lol.
did i say that? im talking strictly from an nfl standpoint.. 18 pbu's and 6 int's.. thats 24 total passes defended.. 4 shy of brent grimes's 28 which led the nfl.. those are amazing numbers for a rookie db who only STARTED 7 games.. thats phenomenal.. im just not sure peterson can put up those kind of numbers as a rook even tho i think the world of him.. he's #1 on my board i cudnt say that for haden last year.. I watched more LSU games than any other team this year strictly becuz of peterson.. he's been a great college cb and wud have got my vote for heisman but until the season starts as an "NFL Cornerback" Haden>>>>>>>Peterson, not to mention Haden's been playing the position for only 4 years and already shows better technique
-
you don't know anything about college football if you honestly felt Haden was the better cornerback in college than Peterson lol.
you don't know anything about college football if you honestly felt Haden was the better cornerback in college than Peterson lol.
I am a Florida Grad.....they are different types of players....I think Joe does stick to his guy better, but Peterson can make up more ground due to his size.....I think both are/were pretty damn good and it is moot trying to argue the difference. Both are capable of being Pro-Bowl, so if we are going to bicker over who is the better Pro-Bowl player, well, leave me out....I won't bicker about that...I'll just smile and not care all that much.
Ed....don't worry about Peterson as a corner....he's Joe but bigger.....thus the safety mention.
As a sidebar...I wouldn't mind a Thom Darden type roaming center field....you, I, and a few others remember him.
-
If i had to choose between what i know about Haden already and Peterson then i would take Haden, hes not only a pro bowl type player he embraces Cleveland...Also why dont we just have them both

If i had to choose between what i know about Haden already and Peterson then i would take Haden, hes not only a pro bowl type player he embraces Cleveland...Also why dont we just have them both

Agreed, but that's just right now. If they both played in the NFL last year, or they were both in the draft this year it would obviously be different with Peterson's size and speed and still being a good corner, but Haden has shown such a love for the city that can really only be rivaled with Hillis. Just knowing the Haden is as good as he is in the NFL and knowing that he is about 90% likely to resign with the team when his contract is up makes me pick Haden. Peterson could be another Revis, but there is always the chance that he doesn't like Cleveland and bugs out when his contract is up.
-
you don't know anything about college football if you honestly felt Haden was the better cornerback in college than Peterson lol.
I am a Florida Grad.....they are different types of players....I think Joe does stick to his guy better, but Peterson can make up more ground due to his size.....I think both are/were pretty damn good and it is moot trying to argue the difference. Both are capable of being Pro-Bowl, so if we are going to bicker over who is the better Pro-Bowl player, well, leave me out....I won't bicker about that...I'll just smile and not care all that much.
Ed....don't worry about Peterson as a corner....he's Joe but bigger.....thus the safety mention.
As a sidebar...I wouldn't mind a Thom Darden type roaming center field....you, I, and a few others remember him.
I am a Florida Grad.....they are different types of players....I think Joe does stick to his guy better, but Peterson can make up more ground due to his size.....I think both are/were pretty damn good and it is moot trying to argue the difference. Both are capable of being Pro-Bowl, so if we are going to bicker over who is the better Pro-Bowl player, well, leave me out....I won't bicker about that...I'll just smile and not care all that much.
Ed....don't worry about Peterson as a corner....he's Joe but bigger.....thus the safety mention.
As a sidebar...I wouldn't mind a Thom Darden type roaming center field....you, I, and a few others remember him.
How is it moot? Saying one player was better than the other in college (and clearly more physically dominant vs. his opponents) isn't moot. Hell, it's the foundation of what propels most college football tourneys.
And fellas, it's stupid to say that now because hindsight is 20/20. But given what we saw from Haden in college and what we've seen from Peterson in college, it's more than fair to predict Peterson would get picked ahead of Haden in any draft had they come out the same year.
-
Like I said.....why worry about it???
I don't know who would of, could of been better....the point is both are pretty damn good.
No??
-
I am a Florida Grad.....they are different types of players....I think Joe does stick to his guy better, but Peterson can make up more ground due to his size.....I think both are/were pretty damn good and it is moot trying to argue the difference. Both are capable of being Pro-Bowl, so if we are going to bicker over who is the better Pro-Bowl player, well, leave me out....I won't bicker about that...I'll just smile and not care all that much.
Ed....don't worry about Peterson as a corner....he's Joe but bigger.....thus the safety mention.
As a sidebar...I wouldn't mind a Thom Darden type roaming center field....you, I, and a few others remember him.
How is it moot? Saying one player was better than the other in college (and clearly more physically dominant vs. his opponents) isn't moot. Hell, it's the foundation of what propels most college football tourneys.
And fellas, it's stupid to say that now because hindsight is 20/20. But given what we saw from Haden in college and what we've seen from Peterson in college, it's more than fair to predict Peterson would get picked ahead of Haden in any draft had they come out the same year.
How is it moot? Saying one player was better than the other in college (and clearly more physically dominant vs. his opponents) isn't moot. Hell, it's the foundation of what propels most college football tourneys.
And fellas, it's stupid to say that now because hindsight is 20/20. But given what we saw from Haden in college and what we've seen from Peterson in college, it's more than fair to predict Peterson would get picked ahead of Haden in any draft had they come out the same year.
Haden could have some how won the Heisman and had 9 INT's his last season in college and he still would have been the picked behind Peterson. That's just because of all the physical things Peterson can bring to a team. But notice that I say CAN bring and not WILL bring. GM's put a lot on physical attributes and less on production. Even though statistically Haden had a much better college career (62 more tackles, 1 more FF, 1 more INT, 3 more sacks) Peterson physical ability gets him drafted sooner. The thing is physical ability doesn't necessarily translate into NFL production. If that was the case then Vernon Gholston would have won DPoY instead of getting cut from the Jets.
-
you don't know anything about college football if you honestly felt Haden was the better cornerback in college than Peterson lol.
I am a Florida Grad.....they are different types of players....I think Joe does stick to his guy better, but Peterson can make up more ground due to his size.....I think both are/were pretty damn good and it is moot trying to argue the difference. Both are capable of being Pro-Bowl, so if we are going to bicker over who is the better Pro-Bowl player, well, leave me out....I won't bicker about that...I'll just smile and not care all that much.
Ed....don't worry about Peterson as a corner....he's Joe but bigger.....thus the safety mention.
As a sidebar...I wouldn't mind a Thom Darden type roaming center field....you, I, and a few others remember him.
Ed....don't worry about Peterson as a corner....he's Joe but bigger.....thus the safety mention.
i'm not worried. He's the guy.
i was just responding to someone that suggested that we should take him, even if he may falter as a CB because we can play him at Safety. To me, that's not the way to view it.
If you pick a guy to play CB, then he'd better play CB. Safety should not be consonsolation prize, because you would have probably passed on better players that naturally play Safety. That's all i was saying.
Peterson is the guy. If he is on the board and the Browns get him, then there is no doubt that Heckert feels he is a shut down NFL corner.
-
Ed....don't worry about Peterson as a corner....he's Joe but bigger.....thus the safety mention.
i'm not worried. He's the guy.
i was just responding to someone that suggested that we should take him, even if he may falter as a CB because we can play him at Safety. To me, that's not the way to view it.
If you pick a guy to play CB, then he'd better play CB. Safety should not be consonsolation prize, because you would have probably passed on better players that naturally play Safety. That's all i was saying.
Peterson is the guy. If he is on the board and the Browns get him, then there is no doubt that Heckert feels he is a shut down NFL corner.
i'm not worried. He's the guy.
i was just responding to someone that suggested that we should take him, even if he may falter as a CB because we can play him at Safety. To me, that's not the way to view it.
If you pick a guy to play CB, then he'd better play CB. Safety should not be consonsolation prize, because you would have probably passed on better players that naturally play Safety. That's all i was saying.
Peterson is the guy. If he is on the board and the Browns get him, then there is no doubt that Heckert feels he is a shut down NFL corner.
Peterson can naturally play defense period... and in this draft the best safety prospect isn't supposed to be drafted until the 2nd round.
-
How is it moot? Saying one player was better than the other in college (and clearly more physically dominant vs. his opponents) isn't moot. Hell, it's the foundation of what propels most college football tourneys.
And fellas, it's stupid to say that now because hindsight is 20/20. But given what we saw from Haden in college and what we've seen from Peterson in college, it's more than fair to predict Peterson would get picked ahead of Haden in any draft had they come out the same year.
Haden could have some how won the Heisman and had 9 INT's his last season in college and he still would have been the picked behind Peterson. That's just because of all the physical things Peterson can bring to a team. But notice that I say CAN bring and not WILL bring. GM's put a lot on physical attributes and less on production. Even though statistically Haden had a much better college career (62 more tackles, 1 more FF, 1 more INT, 3 more sacks) Peterson physical ability gets him drafted sooner. The thing is physical ability doesn't necessarily translate into NFL production. If that was the case then Vernon Gholston would have won DPoY instead of getting cut from the Jets.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Haden could have some how won the Heisman and had 9 INT's his last season in college and he still would have been the picked behind Peterson. That's just because of all the physical things Peterson can bring to a team. But notice that I say CAN bring and not WILL bring. GM's put a lot on physical attributes and less on production. Even though statistically Haden had a much better college career (62 more tackles, 1 more FF, 1 more INT, 3 more sacks) Peterson physical ability gets him drafted sooner. The thing is physical ability doesn't necessarily translate into NFL production. If that was the case then Vernon Gholston would have won DPoY instead of getting cut from the Jets.
You misunderstood my point.
As a prospect, Peterson clearly rates much better than Haden and it's not even close. Like I said, hindsight is 20/20, don't think about Haden the Brown, think about Haden the Gator vs. Peterson the tiger. Peterson would be higher on everyone's big board, by a mile.
And that's not a hyperbole.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login