Skip to content

Browns May Take Qb Early

The Browns Board
23 12 1.3k
  • I think the Browns have a guy they like in McCoy, but also think he isn't so good they need to stop looking at QB's for the next 10 years.

    I think we also see a qb in this draft we think can become a solid NFL QB. If he is there, then we might take him 'early"...which to me means maybe the top of the 3rd round.

    That's a perfect spot. It doesn't show any disrespect to Colt, yet tells him he needs to continue to progress, and brings in a guy who at least has more then a wildcard shot to develop.

    Two years down the road he have a QB and have a guy who can help with a draft day trade.

  • @nw220 said:

    Agreed if he were some how around in the 4th round id consider him but hes gonna be long gone, i think San Fran grabs him in early round 2..But hes my favorite QB in this Class..

    Last year my favorite QB was McCoy and i couldnt believe he wasnt taken until we grabbed him in round 3 he is going to be considered a steal

    Last year a lot of people on here thought Dan Lefevour was going to go in the 3rd or 4th round with his talents, but he went in the 6th round. I really dont belive that we will take him in the 3rd or 4th with all of our needs. I think Colt will be fine and I think that Seneca Wallace will be a hell of a back up for us. If we are worrying about taking a qb any earlier than the 6th round, then we are in pretty bad shape.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Last year a lot of people on here thought Dan Lefevour was going to go in the 3rd or 4th round with his talents, but he went in the 6th round. I really dont belive that we will take him in the 3rd or 4th with all of our needs. I think Colt will be fine and I think that Seneca Wallace will be a hell of a back up for us. If we are worrying about taking a qb any earlier than the 6th round, then we are in pretty bad shape.

    I don't know why but I thought he did go in the 4th round last year. There is no way this guy drops that far from the second though. He is one of the top QB's and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he went ahead of Dalton or Mallet.

  • They (Holmgren) has already stated that he will be looking at QB's if available. So it shouldn't surprise anyone if we take one.

  • I'll take a flyer on Ricky Stanzi if he lasts the late 3rd or 4th round

  • I'll take a flyer on Ricky Stanzi if he lasts the late 3rd or 4th round

    @secondwave said:

    I'll take a flyer on Ricky Stanzi if he lasts the late 3rd or 4th round

    Stanzi is a nice late round prospect. I also like TJ Yates as a college free agent or take a flyier on Tyrod Taylor in the 6th

  • Greg Mcleroy in the 6th wouldnt bother me, neither would Tyrod Tayler he could be groomed into another Seneca Wallace type QB

  • the way I see it is, this is McCoy's year.

    If by some reason he regresses, or we bomb miserably this season, there's always Andrew Luck 😁

  • I love Stanzi after the 3rd round, with all the QB's in the mix this year he could drop even further. If Locker's available in the 2nd I think thats a steal and wouldn't be upset with the pick, he reminds me alot of Phillip Rivers.

  • the way I see it is, this is McCoy's year.

    If by some reason he regresses, or we bomb miserably this season, there's always Andrew Luck 😁

    @secondwave said:

    the way I see it is, this is McCoy's year.

    If by some reason he regresses, or we bomb miserably this season, there's always Andrew Luck 😁

    Exactly. I don't want him bomb, but if he does we really don't have anyone to put us in games. I think if he doesn't improve we go at best 5-11 if not worse. If he proves to not be the guy then expect Heckert and Holmgren to do what ever they need to in order to draft Luck.

  • the way I see it is, this is McCoy's year.

    If by some reason he regresses, or we bomb miserably this season, there's always Andrew Luck 😁

    @secondwave said:

    the way I see it is, this is McCoy's year.

    If by some reason he regresses, or we bomb miserably this season, there's always Andrew Luck 😁

    Matt Barkley and Landry Jones are also draft eligible next year..

  • @secondwave said:

    the way I see it is, this is McCoy's year.

    If by some reason he regresses, or we bomb miserably this season, there's always Andrew Luck 😁

    Exactly. I don't want him bomb, but if he does we really don't have anyone to put us in games. I think if he doesn't improve we go at best 5-11 if not worse. If he proves to not be the guy then expect Heckert and Holmgren to do what ever they need to in order to draft Luck.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Exactly. I don't want him bomb, but if he does we really don't have anyone to put us in games. I think if he doesn't improve we go at best 5-11 if not worse. If he proves to not be the guy then expect Heckert and Holmgren to do what ever they need to in order to draft Luck.

    off topic: I know there are chances of busts, but can we all agree that Andrew Luck is as sure of a QB prospect we've seen in a very, very, very long time.

    It scares me because, can you imagine if the Bengals drafted him?

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Exactly. I don't want him bomb, but if he does we really don't have anyone to put us in games. I think if he doesn't improve we go at best 5-11 if not worse. If he proves to not be the guy then expect Heckert and Holmgren to do what ever they need to in order to draft Luck.

    off topic: I know there are chances of busts, but can we all agree that Andrew Luck is as sure of a QB prospect we've seen in a very, very, very long time.

    It scares me because, can you imagine if the Bengals drafted him?

    @secondwave said:

    off topic: I know there are chances of busts, but can we all agree that Andrew Luck is as sure of a QB prospect we've seen in a very, very, very long time.

    It scares me because, can you imagine if the Bengals drafted him?

    I think Sam Bradford has been the surest in a long time man. He has an injured shoulder and sill went number 1, with like 40 or 50 mil guaranteed.

  • @secondwave said:

    off topic: I know there are chances of busts, but can we all agree that Andrew Luck is as sure of a QB prospect we've seen in a very, very, very long time.

    It scares me because, can you imagine if the Bengals drafted him?

    I think Sam Bradford has been the surest in a long time man. He has an injured shoulder and sill went number 1, with like 40 or 50 mil guaranteed.

    @cambridgeho said:

    I think Sam Bradford has been the surest in a long time man. He has an injured shoulder and sill went number 1, with like 40 or 50 mil guaranteed.

    I was absolutely in love with Bradford last year, hell I was in the camp of trading up to get him last year, but I personally feel Luck will be the better QB. His encyclopediac knowledge of defensive schemes + his accuracy and athelticism put him a tick just above Bradford in my book. Usually I'd say more, but I'm so enamored with both QBs, so it really doesn't matter to me.

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Exactly. I don't want him bomb, but if he does we really don't have anyone to put us in games. I think if he doesn't improve we go at best 5-11 if not worse. If he proves to not be the guy then expect Heckert and Holmgren to do what ever they need to in order to draft Luck.

    off topic: I know there are chances of busts, but can we all agree that Andrew Luck is as sure of a QB prospect we've seen in a very, very, very long time.

    It scares me because, can you imagine if the Bengals drafted him?

    @secondwave said:

    off topic: I know there are chances of busts, but can we all agree that Andrew Luck is as sure of a QB prospect we've seen in a very, very, very long time.

    It scares me because, can you imagine if the Bengals drafted him?

    Are you assuming that the Bengals will end up with the worst record in the NFL?.....in whatever sort of season the NFL has this year?

  • Yes Andrew Luck is the most so called safe QB to come along in a very long time,you have to remember last year people were doubting Braford's arm strength and other things until he had a tremendous Pro Day,which really made him the clear #1 pick....

    And if Luck goes to the Bengals Next year and they add AJ Green this year,we better have Haden and Peterson back there trying to defend that attack...