Skip to content

Draft Challenge

The Browns Board
4 3 364
  • Ok guys, the draft is just two days away and I am pumped. In past years, someone on the board set up a draft challenge for everyone to participate in. I believe the points were something along the lines of: 5 points if you get the player, team and spot right, 3 if you got the team and player and 1 if you get the player going in the right spot (number). I don't remember if that was how it went but I know that it was something along those lines. I just wanted to know if someone wanted to refresh my memory (and do the math once the draft is over) so that we could do it again. Here is my projections

    1. CAR: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn. This could go down as the worst pick of all time. However, Carolina is just fascinated with sCam Newton. I wouldn't waste a 3rd round pick on him but I think Carolina takes him here.

    2. DEN: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama. The best DL in the draft IMO.

    3. BUF: Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M. I think that this guy has bust written all over him but people love this guy. I don't know, I just don't like guys that come out of nowhere at the end of the year to make noise.

    4. CIN: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia. Drafting for the Bengals is always fun/hard because you never know what they are going to go after. The only other unpredictable team is the Raiders. I think that with Chad Ochocinco getting older, they get a stud WR. However, they still don't have anyone to throw it to him.

    5. ARI: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri. The Cardinals went from almost Super Bowl winner to dead last in their division. Why? They had no QB. I think Gabbert is the best QB in the draft.

    6. CLE: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU. In two years we have the best secondary in the NFL and take out half of the other team's playbook.

    7. SF: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn. Attitude concerns, yes. But the guy can play. I think that SF jumps on him.

    8. TEN: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska. Tennessee has a solid defense with inconsistent corners. This solves this problem.

    9. DAL: Tyron Smith, OT, USC. Cawboys help out that O line this year.

    10. WAS: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama. They need a WR more than we do and that's saying something.

    11. HOU: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina. Texans make a nice 1-2 punch of DEs by pairing Quinn along with Williams.

    12. MIN: Jake Locker, QB, Washington. They need a QB... badly.

    13. DET: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College. This year the Lions protect the franchise.

    14. STL: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois. The Rams defense is improving slowly and they get a run stopper this year.

    15. MIA: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama. Williams and/or Brown will be gone. If he stays healthy, Igram could be rookie of the year.

    16. JAX: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri. The Jags seem to go defense every. single. year. This year is no different.

    17. NE: Cameron Jordan, DE, California. NE has the youngest defense in the NFL and it gets younger.

    18. SD: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue. That defense needs help.

    19. NYG: Mike Pouncey, G, Florida. Eli Manning gets beat up way too much and they need to shore up that O line.

    20. TB: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa. Bucs get help defensively.

    21. KC: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State. KC needs help on O line. They had a good season last year, but the guys in the trenches are getting old.

    22. IND: Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Temple. Indy needs help on D badly.

    23. PHI: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin. Philli helps shore up that D.

    24. NO: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson. His knees make me worry big time. However, when he is healthy he can be a force.

    25. SEA: Jake Locker, QB, Washington. Seattle goes with the hometown favorite here.

    26. BAL: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State. Baltimore turns him into a DE.

    27. ATL: Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina. Falcons need DT help.

    28. NE: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin. Help protect Mr. Sissy Hair

    29. CHI: Akeem Ayers, DE, UCLA. Pass Rusher.

    30. NYJ: Jonathon Baldwin, WR, Pitt. With either/or Braylon or Santonio leaving, the Jets get WR help.

    31. PIT:Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas. What beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl? The pass. They help that problem go away here.

    32. GB: Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois. Ryan Grant is hurt too much.

  • 1.Carolina-Cam Newton

    2.Denver-Marcell Dareus

    3.Buffalo-Von Miller

    4.Cinncy-AJ Green

    5.Arizona-Patrick Peterson

    6.Cleveland-Robert Quinn

    7.San Fran-Blane Gabbert

    8.Tennessee-Nick Fairley

    9.Dallas-Tyron Smith

    10.Washington-Julio Jones

    11.Houston-Aldon Smith

    12.Minnesota-Jake Locker

    13.Detriot-Prince Amuakarmara

    14.St.Louis-Corey Liuget

    15.Miami-Mike Pouncey

    16.Jacksonville-Ryan Kerrigan

    17.New England-Cam Jordan

    18.San Deigo-JJ Watt

    19.NY Giants-Anthony Castonzo

    20.Tampa Bay-Justin Houston

    21.Kansas City-Nate Solder

    22.Indy-Derrek Sherrod

    23.Philly-Jimmy Smith

    24.New Orleans-Daquan Bowers

    25.Seattle-Muhammad Wilkerson

    26.Baltimore-Cam Heyward

    27.Atlanta-Kyle Rudolph

    28.New England-Akeem Ayers

    29.Chicago-Marvin Austin

    30.NY Jets-Phil Taylor

    31.Pittsburgh-Aaron Williams

    32.Green Bay-Brooks Reed

    Not really how i want it to play out but i guess this is my guess as of right now

  • I believe that ESPN has a contest going on that if you can guess all 32 draft choices in order you can win 10 million dollars. Is your contest here going to match that figure?

  • Ok guys, the draft is just two days away and I am pumped. In past years, someone on the board set up a draft challenge for everyone to participate in. I believe the points were something along the lines of: 5 points if you get the player, team and spot right, 3 if you got the team and player and 1 if you get the player going in the right spot (number). I don't remember if that was how it went but I know that it was something along those lines. I just wanted to know if someone wanted to refresh my memory (and do the math once the draft is over) so that we could do it again. Here is my projections

    1. CAR: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn. This could go down as the worst pick of all time. However, Carolina is just fascinated with sCam Newton. I wouldn't waste a 3rd round pick on him but I think Carolina takes him here.

    2. DEN: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama. The best DL in the draft IMO.

    3. BUF: Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M. I think that this guy has bust written all over him but people love this guy. I don't know, I just don't like guys that come out of nowhere at the end of the year to make noise.

    4. CIN: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia. Drafting for the Bengals is always fun/hard because you never know what they are going to go after. The only other unpredictable team is the Raiders. I think that with Chad Ochocinco getting older, they get a stud WR. However, they still don't have anyone to throw it to him.

    5. ARI: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri. The Cardinals went from almost Super Bowl winner to dead last in their division. Why? They had no QB. I think Gabbert is the best QB in the draft.

    6. CLE: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU. In two years we have the best secondary in the NFL and take out half of the other team's playbook.

    7. SF: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn. Attitude concerns, yes. But the guy can play. I think that SF jumps on him.

    8. TEN: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska. Tennessee has a solid defense with inconsistent corners. This solves this problem.

    9. DAL: Tyron Smith, OT, USC. Cawboys help out that O line this year.

    10. WAS: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama. They need a WR more than we do and that's saying something.

    11. HOU: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina. Texans make a nice 1-2 punch of DEs by pairing Quinn along with Williams.

    12. MIN: Jake Locker, QB, Washington. They need a QB... badly.

    13. DET: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College. This year the Lions protect the franchise.

    14. STL: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois. The Rams defense is improving slowly and they get a run stopper this year.

    15. MIA: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama. Williams and/or Brown will be gone. If he stays healthy, Igram could be rookie of the year.

    16. JAX: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri. The Jags seem to go defense every. single. year. This year is no different.

    17. NE: Cameron Jordan, DE, California. NE has the youngest defense in the NFL and it gets younger.

    18. SD: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue. That defense needs help.

    19. NYG: Mike Pouncey, G, Florida. Eli Manning gets beat up way too much and they need to shore up that O line.

    20. TB: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa. Bucs get help defensively.

    21. KC: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State. KC needs help on O line. They had a good season last year, but the guys in the trenches are getting old.

    22. IND: Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Temple. Indy needs help on D badly.

    23. PHI: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin. Philli helps shore up that D.

    24. NO: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson. His knees make me worry big time. However, when he is healthy he can be a force.

    25. SEA: Jake Locker, QB, Washington. Seattle goes with the hometown favorite here.

    26. BAL: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State. Baltimore turns him into a DE.

    27. ATL: Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina. Falcons need DT help.

    28. NE: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin. Help protect Mr. Sissy Hair

    29. CHI: Akeem Ayers, DE, UCLA. Pass Rusher.

    30. NYJ: Jonathon Baldwin, WR, Pitt. With either/or Braylon or Santonio leaving, the Jets get WR help.

    31. PIT:Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas. What beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl? The pass. They help that problem go away here.

    32. GB: Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois. Ryan Grant is hurt too much.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    Ok guys, the draft is just two days away and I am pumped. In past years, someone on the board set up a draft challenge for everyone to participate in. I believe the points were something along the lines of: 5 points if you get the player, team and spot right, 3 if you got the team and player and 1 if you get the player going in the right spot (number). I don't remember if that was how it went but I know that it was something along those lines. I just wanted to know if someone wanted to refresh my memory (and do the math once the draft is over) so that we could do it again. Here is my projections

    1. CAR: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn. This could go down as the worst pick of all time. However, Carolina is just fascinated with sCam Newton. I wouldn't waste a 3rd round pick on him but I think Carolina takes him here.

    Nah, there is no way that he could ever turn out as bad as Jamarcus Russell. I believe at least that Newton will want to play football. I don't think Russell ever wanted to play the game.

    2. DEN: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama. The best DL in the draft IMO.

    3. BUF: Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M. I think that this guy has bust written all over him but people love this guy. I don't know, I just don't like guys that come out of nowhere at the end of the year to make noise.

    4. CIN: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia. Drafting for the Bengals is always fun/hard because you never know what they are going to go after. The only other unpredictable team is the Raiders. I think that with Chad Ochocinco getting older, they get a stud WR. However, they still don't have anyone to throw it to him.

    5. ARI: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri. The Cardinals went from almost Super Bowl winner to dead last in their division. Why? They had no QB. I think Gabbert is the best QB in the draft.

    6. CLE: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU. In two years we have the best secondary in the NFL and take out half of the other team's playbook.

    What if AZ takes Peterson? What then? Do you think the Browns take Fairly? Or go with Julio Jones?

    7. SF: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn. Attitude concerns, yes. But the guy can play. I think that SF jumps on him.

    8. TEN: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska. Tennessee has a solid defense with inconsistent corners. This solves this problem.

    9. DAL: Tyron Smith, OT, USC. Cawboys help out that O line this year.

    10. WAS: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama. They need a WR more than we do and that's saying something.

    They need a QB worse than that. Some say Redskins may take Jake Locker here

    11. HOU: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina. Texans make a nice 1-2 punch of DEs by pairing Quinn along with Williams.

    12. MIN: Jake Locker, QB, Washington. They need a QB... badly. They do, but what if the Skins grab Locker? That is why there is rumor about the Vikes trading with the Browns to move up and get Locker or Gabbert above DC. If the players the Browns really want are gone, the Browns may do that. 13. DET: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College. This year the Lions protect the franchise.

    14. STL: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois. The Rams defense is improving slowly and they get a run stopper this year.

    15. MIA: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama. Williams and/or Brown will be gone. If he stays healthy, Igram could be rookie of the year.

    16. JAX: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri. The Jags seem to go defense every. single. year. This year is no different.

    17. NE: Cameron Jordan, DE, California. NE has the youngest defense in the NFL and it gets younger.

    18. SD: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue. That defense needs help.

    19. NYG: Mike Pouncey, G, Florida. Eli Manning gets beat up way too much and they need to shore up that O line.

    20. TB: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa. Bucs get help defensively.

    21. KC: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State. KC needs help on O line. They had a good season last year, but the guys in the trenches are getting old.

    22. IND: Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Temple. Indy needs help on D badly.

    23. PHI: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin. Philli helps shore up that D.

    24. NO: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson. His knees make me worry big time. However, when he is healthy he can be a force. Some say the Browns could take him at #6

    25. SEA: Jake Locker, QB, Washington. Seattle goes with the hometown favorite here.

    26. BAL: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State. Baltimore turns him into a DE.

    27. ATL: Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina. Falcons need DT help.

    28. NE: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin. Help protect Mr. Sissy Hair

    29. CHI: Akeem Ayers, DE, UCLA. Pass Rusher.

    30. NYJ: Jonathon Baldwin, WR, Pitt. With either/or Braylon or Santonio leaving, the Jets get WR help.

    31. PIT:Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas. What beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl? The pass. They help that problem go away here.

    32. GB: Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois. Ryan Grant is hurt too much.