Skip to content

Phil Taylor

The Browns Board
94 39 9.0k
  • Thanks.

  • all I have to say about this pick is TJ Ward. no one knew who he was and now he is a big fan favorite. Let Heckert and Holmgren work. They don't get paid 7+ million a year to be dumb.

  • I wouldn't qualify Taylor as a Ward, just because he actually went in his projected range, which was 20-32. He wasn't some unknown who was supposed to go in the 3rd or 4th. He was one of the top people in the draft at his position. Ward on the other hand was projected to at best be a mid 3rd round pick, while other mock drafts like Walterfootbal had him going in the 6th round.

  • i would have rather had jordan we need speed on the edge not a run stoper

    @why-cant-we-win said:

    i would have rather had jordan we need speed on the edge not a run stoper

    I absolutely agree with you. They needed to take the best player available at #21, and Cameron Jordan was it. Besides, DE is a glaring need for the Browns also. If you're going to trade up 6 spots by giving away your 3rd round pick, do it for a higher rated player that still fills a need.

  • If we had drafted Jordan he more than likely wouldn't have even played end for us. He would have been told to put on 10-20 pounds and move inside.

  • Like a lot of you I don't see why we had to trade back up to get him but I'm sure we had our reasons. At first, I hated the pick but the more I think about it, the more I'm coming to terms with it. I don't really have a doubt that he will be a really good DT I just don't know why we went DT when we have Rodgers and Rubin. We'll have a much better idea of what the thought process was in picking him after day two is done and we see what we go for.

  • all I have to say about this pick is TJ Ward. no one knew who he was and now he is a big fan favorite. Let Heckert and Holmgren work. They don't get paid 7+ million a year to be dumb.

    @eadaugherty said:

    all I have to say about this pick is TJ Ward. no one knew who he was and now he is a big fan favorite. Let Heckert and Holmgren work. They don't get paid 7+ million a year to be dumb.

    Yeah but I think Mangini was the DB guy in last year's draft. I'm not convinced Holmgren drafts very well and I'm still not sure about Heckert. Still, I like getting a DT I'm just not sure that is a glaring need for us as much as DE or OLB.

  • Who is Phil Taylor you ask? Why he is a champion dart thrower:

    Phil-Taylor-December-27_1694440.jpg

    He has won like 13 World Championships

  • Like a lot of you I don't see why we had to trade back up to get him but I'm sure we had our reasons. At first, I hated the pick but the more I think about it, the more I'm coming to terms with it. I don't really have a doubt that he will be a really good DT I just don't know why we went DT when we have Rodgers and Rubin. We'll have a much better idea of what the thought process was in picking him after day two is done and we see what we go for.

    @mopaji said:

    Like a lot of you I don't see why we had to trade back up to get him but I'm sure we had our reasons. At first, I hated the pick but the more I think about it, the more I'm coming to terms with it. I don't really have a doubt that he will be a really good DT I just don't know why we went DT when we have Rodgers and Rubin. We'll have a much better idea of what the thought process was in picking him after day two is done and we see what we go for.

    How do you still think Rodgers in on the team!? He was released as soon as the season was over and signed with the Saints before the lockout started. You need to update your self on the current roster. Before we picked Taylor, Rubin was the only starter on the whole DL.

    @the-gipper said:

    Who is Phil Taylor you ask? Why he is a champion dart thrower:

    Phil-Taylor-December-27_1694440.jpg

    He has won like 13 World Championships

    I know every time I tried to google the video of him hearing the news I get this guy.

  • all I have to say about this pick is TJ Ward. no one knew who he was and now he is a big fan favorite. Let Heckert and Holmgren work. They don't get paid 7+ million a year to be dumb.

    @eadaugherty said:

    all I have to say about this pick is TJ Ward. no one knew who he was and now he is a big fan favorite. Let Heckert and Holmgren work. They don't get paid 7+ million a year to be dumb.

    everyone keeps saying that nobody had heard of ward. HE WAS THE 2ND RATED SAFETY IN LAST YEAR'S DRAFT!! if you didn't hear of him you weren't paying attention.

    @mopaji said:

    Like a lot of you I don't see why we had to trade back up to get him but I'm sure we had our reasons.

    someone posted in another thread that kansas city was sniffing around his door. i think that's why we trade back up for him.

  • Like a lot of you I don't see why we had to trade back up to get him but I'm sure we had our reasons. At first, I hated the pick but the more I think about it, the more I'm coming to terms with it. I don't really have a doubt that he will be a really good DT I just don't know why we went DT when we have Rodgers and Rubin. We'll have a much better idea of what the thought process was in picking him after day two is done and we see what we go for.

    @mopaji said:

    Like a lot of you I don't see why we had to trade back up to get him but I'm sure we had our reasons. At first, I hated the pick but the more I think about it, the more I'm coming to terms with it. I don't really have a doubt that he will be a really good DT I just don't know why we went DT when we have Rodgers and Rubin. We'll have a much better idea of what the thought process was in picking him after day two is done and we see what we go for.

    Dude rodgers was cut and signed by the saints a few months back....rubin is the only legit dl we have at the moment

  • @eadaugherty said:

    all I have to say about this pick is TJ Ward. no one knew who he was and now he is a big fan favorite. Let Heckert and Holmgren work. They don't get paid 7+ million a year to be dumb.

    everyone keeps saying that nobody had heard of ward. HE WAS THE 2ND RATED SAFETY IN LAST YEAR'S DRAFT!! if you didn't hear of him you weren't paying attention.

    @mopaji said:

    Like a lot of you I don't see why we had to trade back up to get him but I'm sure we had our reasons.

    someone posted in another thread that kansas city was sniffing around his door. i think that's why we trade back up for him.

    @miktoxic said:

    everyone keeps saying that nobody had heard of ward. HE WAS THE 2ND RATED SAFETY IN LAST YEAR'S DRAFT!! if you didn't hear of him you weren't paying attention.

    someone posted in another thread that kansas city was sniffing around his door. i think that's why we trade back up for him.

    Ward was actually far from the 2nd rated safety in the draft. He was no where close to being ranked as high as Berry and Thomas, which was why at best most mocks had him going in the 3rd, if not in the 4th or lower.

  • Snarf snarf

  • Zombo said:

    If you check out Phil Taylor's facebook pictures you will notice two interesting Browns connections:

    A man who appears to be his Dad wearing a Jim Brown jersey, and lots of pictures of Joe Haden on Spring Break.

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=9378961&sk=photos

    Zombo

    How High and Half Baked are in his "liked" movies. I hope he lays off of the munchies and has plenty of clean pee in reserve.

    I will give him credit for Having Boyz in the Hood and Juice favorited however.

  • You know we got a winner when you type Phil Taylor into google images, and it doesnt show the football player till page 4. The rest are professional dart players.

  • Browns snag Phil Taylor ahead of Jets

    By Rich CiminiWe're into the 20s at the NFL, and the Jets just lost one of their targets -- NT Phil Taylor. The Browns, dropped to 27th in an earlier trade, moved up and grabbed the 335-pound lineman at 21. They made a deal with the Chiefs to take Taylor.

    *****************************

    I absolutely LOVE this pick. For too long, the Browns' dline has been maleable. With Rubin and Taylor manning the middle, teams will have no choice but

    to run wide, or simply get themselves planted into the turf somewhere between the backfield and the los.

    Come on, the move is designed to quelch the up the middle crap. Like qb sneaks, qb planned scrambles, and draws.

    That enables the lb's to anticipate the offense's running game far more easily. It has to worry the qb s in the passing game. These two guys can and

    will collapse the pocket, and squeeze plays right into the hands of the DE's and Lb's.

    Taylor is a man mountain the Browns badly needed. Come on, the draft is one pick old, the Browns have extra picks, somebody somewhere

    wants to whine and pout about other needs? Watch the rest of the draft.

    The Browns know what they're doing, and who they are targeting. Defenses and Offenses must control the los. Plain and simple.

    And, the extra picks are HUGE, HUGE, HUGE. Two picks in the second round tonight will outweigh the 2nd and 3rd we used to have in a big way.

    Wait and see. This is exciting stuff !!!

  • Browns snag Phil Taylor ahead of Jets

    By Rich CiminiWe're into the 20s at the NFL, and the Jets just lost one of their targets -- NT Phil Taylor. The Browns, dropped to 27th in an earlier trade, moved up and grabbed the 335-pound lineman at 21. They made a deal with the Chiefs to take Taylor.

    *****************************

    I absolutely LOVE this pick. For too long, the Browns' dline has been maleable. With Rubin and Taylor manning the middle, teams will have no choice but

    to run wide, or simply get themselves planted into the turf somewhere between the backfield and the los.

    Come on, the move is designed to quelch the up the middle crap. Like qb sneaks, qb planned scrambles, and draws.

    That enables the lb's to anticipate the offense's running game far more easily. It has to worry the qb s in the passing game. These two guys can and

    will collapse the pocket, and squeeze plays right into the hands of the DE's and Lb's.

    Taylor is a man mountain the Browns badly needed. Come on, the draft is one pick old, the Browns have extra picks, somebody somewhere

    wants to whine and pout about other needs? Watch the rest of the draft.

    The Browns know what they're doing, and who they are targeting. Defenses and Offenses must control the los. Plain and simple.

    And, the extra picks are HUGE, HUGE, HUGE. Two picks in the second round tonight will outweigh the 2nd and 3rd we used to have in a big way.

    Wait and see. This is exciting stuff !!!

    @calfoxwc said:

    Browns snag Phil Taylor ahead of Jets

    By Rich CiminiWe're into the 20s at the NFL, and the Jets just lost one of their targets -- NT Phil Taylor. The Browns, dropped to 27th in an earlier trade, moved up and grabbed the 335-pound lineman at 21. They made a deal with the Chiefs to take Taylor.

    *****************************

    I absolutely LOVE this pick. For too long, the Browns' dline has been maleable. With Rubin and Taylor manning the middle, teams will have no choice but

    to run wide, or simply get themselves planted into the turf somewhere between the backfield and the los.

    Come on, the move is designed to quelch the up the middle crap. Like qb sneaks, qb planned scrambles, and draws.

    That enables the lb's to anticipate the offense's running game far more easily. It has to worry the qb s in the passing game. These two guys can and

    will collapse the pocket, and squeeze plays right into the hands of the DE's and Lb's.

    Taylor is a man mountain the Browns badly needed. Come on, the draft is one pick old, the Browns have extra picks, somebody somewhere

    wants to whine and pout about other needs? Watch the rest of the draft.

    The Browns know what they're doing, and who they are targeting. Defenses and Offenses must control the los. Plain and simple.

    And, the extra picks are HUGE, HUGE, HUGE. Two picks in the second round tonight will outweigh the 2nd and 3rd we used to have in a big way.

    Wait and see. This is exciting stuff !!!

    No way!!! I refuse to believe that our FO knew more than some posters here on this internet forum. There is no way, I tell ya.

  • Phil Taylor Positives

    Really highlights all the good things that the boo hoo'ers on here keep failing to grasp and or are just plain ignoring. Also points out why we traded up to get him.

  • I slept on this pick, and i like it. I still hate that we traded up for him, but I like who we picked. The 2nd round will maybe even solidify the pick even more.

  • Phil Taylor Positives

    Really highlights all the good things that the boo hoo'ers on here keep failing to grasp and or are just plain ignoring. Also points out why we traded up to get him.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Phil Taylor Positives

    Really highlights all the good things that the boo hoo'ers on here keep failing to grasp and or are just plain ignoring. Also points out why we traded up to get him.

    Very nice info! Thanks alot