Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Getting A Hillis On Defense...

Getting A Hillis On Defense...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
12 Posts 6 Posters 756 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Loyalty LoyaltyL
    • 283 Posts
    • 10 Reputation
    LoyaltyL Loyalty wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I know we have TJ Ward, but I want an enforcer at MLB. Someone that can rally the team and the fans....

    What do you guys think about Casey Matthews or Mark Herzlich?

    I love Matthews strictly because of the family name, etc.

    Herzlich is a survivor... while his surgery on the leg, etc. is a drawback, I love what he stands for.

    "A winner never whines." Paul Brown
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
      • 3k Posts
      • 241 Reputation
      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I still don't understand why they invited Herzlich to the draft, he won't go until day 3. I like him, he is still recovering from his cancer and still didn't do to bad last year. A solid pick in the 4th or 5th.

      Ruining threads since 1897.
      The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Erie Dawg Erie DawgE
        • 2k Posts
        • 74 Reputation
        Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
        #3

        He wont last that long, im guessing late second early third. Guys a beast though

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

          I still don't understand why they invited Herzlich to the draft, he won't go until day 3. I like him, he is still recovering from his cancer and still didn't do to bad last year. A solid pick in the 4th or 5th.

          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Hillis-iz-Boss said:

          I still don't understand why they invited Herzlich to the draft, he won't go until day 3. I like him, he is still recovering from his cancer and still didn't do to bad last year. A solid pick in the 4th or 5th.

          They invited him BECAUSE he is recovering from cancer. They have done this in the past....invited good "human interest stories" that were not projected as high picks.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • JMcCurry08 J
            • 14 Posts
            • 1 Reputation
            J JMcCurry08 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I feel like we're gonna go DE and WR in the 2nd round. 4th round hopefully we get Herzlich or Matthews and then another DE. 5th round OT. 6th round another defensive lineman and Greg McElroy. 7th round Brandon Saine

            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • J JMcCurry08

              I feel like we're gonna go DE and WR in the 2nd round. 4th round hopefully we get Herzlich or Matthews and then another DE. 5th round OT. 6th round another defensive lineman and Greg McElroy. 7th round Brandon Saine

              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @jmccurry08 said:

              I feel like we're gonna go DE and WR in the 2nd round. 4th round hopefully we get Herzlich or Matthews and then another DE. 5th round OT. 6th round another defensive lineman and Greg McElroy. 7th round Brandon Saine

              Brandon "Aladin" Sane?

              alladin-sane-david-bowie.jpg

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • secondwave S Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 431 Posts
                • 50 Reputation
                S secondwave wrote on last edited by
                #7

                What about Martez WIlson? He's easily the most athletic linebacker in this draft and at 6'4' he could be a beast in the middle with D'Qwell.

                I'm surprised he's not gone yet.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • secondwave S Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 431 Posts
                  • 50 Reputation
                  S secondwave wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  What about Martez WIlson? He's easily the most athletic linebacker in this draft and at 6'4' he could be a beast in the middle with D'Qwell.

                  I'm surprised he's not gone yet.

                  Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • S secondwave

                    What about Martez WIlson? He's easily the most athletic linebacker in this draft and at 6'4' he could be a beast in the middle with D'Qwell.

                    I'm surprised he's not gone yet.

                    Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                    • 3k Posts
                    • 241 Reputation
                    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @secondwave said:

                    What about Martez WIlson? He's easily the most athletic linebacker in this draft and at 6'4' he could be a beast in the middle with D'Qwell.

                    I'm surprised he's not gone yet.

                    Coming off a neck injury in 2009 and never quite lived up to his full potential at Illinois. Having said that he is a nasty athlete who might just need some better coaching.

                    Ruining threads since 1897.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                      I still don't understand why they invited Herzlich to the draft, he won't go until day 3. I like him, he is still recovering from his cancer and still didn't do to bad last year. A solid pick in the 4th or 5th.

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                      I still don't understand why they invited Herzlich to the draft, he won't go until day 3. I like him, he is still recovering from his cancer and still didn't do to bad last year. A solid pick in the 4th or 5th.

                      Note that Herzlich was drafted at all. Teams are afraid of a reoccurrence of the cancer I suspect.

                      Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                        Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                        I still don't understand why they invited Herzlich to the draft, he won't go until day 3. I like him, he is still recovering from his cancer and still didn't do to bad last year. A solid pick in the 4th or 5th.

                        Note that Herzlich was drafted at all. Teams are afraid of a reoccurrence of the cancer I suspect.

                        Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                        • 3k Posts
                        • 241 Reputation
                        Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @the-gipper said:

                        Note that Herzlich was drafted at all. Teams are afraid of a reoccurrence of the cancer I suspect.

                        That and he now has a metal plate in his leg as a result of the cancer. The way I feel though is that he has constantly been getting hsi strength back since he got rid of his cancer and even last season when he wasn't 100% yet he still played well.

                        Ruining threads since 1897.
                        LoyaltyL 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                          @the-gipper said:

                          Note that Herzlich was drafted at all. Teams are afraid of a reoccurrence of the cancer I suspect.

                          That and he now has a metal plate in his leg as a result of the cancer. The way I feel though is that he has constantly been getting hsi strength back since he got rid of his cancer and even last season when he wasn't 100% yet he still played well.

                          Loyalty LoyaltyL
                          • 283 Posts
                          • 10 Reputation
                          LoyaltyL Loyalty wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                          That and he now has a metal plate in his leg as a result of the cancer. The way I feel though is that he has constantly been getting hsi strength back since he got rid of his cancer and even last season when he wasn't 100% yet he still played well.

                          There would be something hilariously ironic if we picked him up and he stayed more injury free than D'Qwell Jackson.

                          Not that that is hard to do... A klutz with brittle bone disease has a better chance at staying injury free than Jackson.

                          "A winner never whines." Paul Brown
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          Theme
                          • System
                          • Light
                          • Dark
                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Forums
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Users
                          • Donate