Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. 37- Sheard

37- Sheard

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
18 Posts 9 Posters 1.7k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • b86b b86bB
    • 333 Posts
    • 15 Reputation
    b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
    #1

    sheard1.jpg

    Jabaal Sheard.. Love the pick..

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
      • 3k Posts
      • 241 Reputation
      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I agree. Was one of my top DE's in the round so I'm happy.

      Ruining threads since 1897.
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 100 Reputation
        ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Oh my God I just found out that Sheard got suspended for two games last year for throwing a guy through a glass door. That's. xxxxing. Awesome.

        once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
        C 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

          Oh my God I just found out that Sheard got suspended for two games last year for throwing a guy through a glass door. That's. xxxxing. Awesome.

          CLEVELandMILIDH C
          • 2k Posts
          • 52 Reputation
          C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @clevelandfanforlife said:

          Oh my God I just found out that Sheard got suspended for two games last year for throwing a guy through a glass door. That's. xxxxing. Awesome.

          LOL and Phil Taylor got thrown outta Penn State for body slamming a kid. We got some nasty on D finally

          watch 33 seconds in

          1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
          Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • C CLEVELandMILIDH

            @clevelandfanforlife said:

            Oh my God I just found out that Sheard got suspended for two games last year for throwing a guy through a glass door. That's. xxxxing. Awesome.

            LOL and Phil Taylor got thrown outta Penn State for body slamming a kid. We got some nasty on D finally

            watch 33 seconds in

            Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
            • 3k Posts
            • 241 Reputation
            Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @clevelandmilidh said:

            LOL and Phil Taylor got thrown outta Penn State for body slamming a kid. We got some nasty on D finally

            watch 33 seconds in

            How awesome is that though. BOOM!

            Ruining threads since 1897.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 139 Reputation
              cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Hell yes, I am loving this daft so far. in HnH I trust.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • pizzadeliveryguy P
                • 632 Posts
                • 15 Reputation
                P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
                #7
                DE Jabaal Sheard received a medal for bravery as a child for rescuing an unconscious elderly woman from a burning home.

                Chuck Norris has nothing on this guy.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 241 Reputation
                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  One thing I noticed besides the two sacks and 3 TFL was that he has an awesome bull rush for such a light guy.

                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                  SojuS 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                    One thing I noticed besides the two sacks and 3 TFL was that he has an awesome bull rush for such a light guy.

                    Soju SojuS
                    • 945 Posts
                    • 69 Reputation
                    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                    One thing I noticed besides the two sacks and 3 TFL was that he has an awesome bull rush for such a light guy.

                    Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                    Harry BuffaloH J C 3 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • SojuS Soju

                      Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                      One thing I noticed besides the two sacks and 3 TFL was that he has an awesome bull rush for such a light guy.

                      Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                      Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 241 Reputation
                      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @soju said:

                      Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                      What are you talking about? There were several times where he times the snap to perfection.

                      Ruining threads since 1897.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • SojuS Soju

                        Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                        One thing I noticed besides the two sacks and 3 TFL was that he has an awesome bull rush for such a light guy.

                        Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                        jnuh J
                        • 402 Posts
                        • 27 Reputation
                        J jnuh wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @soju said:

                        Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                        I am with you. I am not sold on him from that video either. After watching that I would be suprised if he became anything more then an average DE. Hopefully I am wrong. I would have much rather rolled the dice on Bowers ... granted there was a big risk, but atleast there was also a huge reward. Oh well whats done is done. Lets hope this kid pans out.

                        hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • SojuS Soju

                          Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                          One thing I noticed besides the two sacks and 3 TFL was that he has an awesome bull rush for such a light guy.

                          Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                          CLEVELandMILIDH C
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 52 Reputation
                          C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @soju said:

                          Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                          Wimbley had that, what did he do for us? I like him because he's not just a speed rusher. He spins, bullrushes, sidesteps, dips-n-rips, plays the run well and can run around you. A more athletic Jared Allen

                          1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
                          Harry BuffaloH SojuS 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • C CLEVELandMILIDH

                            @soju said:

                            Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                            Wimbley had that, what did he do for us? I like him because he's not just a speed rusher. He spins, bullrushes, sidesteps, dips-n-rips, plays the run well and can run around you. A more athletic Jared Allen

                            Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                            • 3k Posts
                            • 241 Reputation
                            Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @clevelandmilidh said:

                            Wimbley had that, what did he do for us? I like him because he's not just a speed rusher. He spins, bullrushes, sidesteps, dips-n-rips, plays the run well and can run around you. A more athletic Jared Allen

                            Also this kid is a 3 year starter on a BCS team and really stepped up to not only over come his arrest, but to become a team captain and improve a good amount his senior season. He is not just a one dimensional guy (like Quinn is) he uses different moves and tries to set up his opponents with them (talked about in his interview how he likes to get them with his speed and on the next play catch them quick stepping and either cut inside or use their weak position and stance to bull rush and push them into the QB).

                            Ruining threads since 1897.
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • C CLEVELandMILIDH

                              @soju said:

                              Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                              Wimbley had that, what did he do for us? I like him because he's not just a speed rusher. He spins, bullrushes, sidesteps, dips-n-rips, plays the run well and can run around you. A more athletic Jared Allen

                              Soju SojuS
                              • 945 Posts
                              • 69 Reputation
                              SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @clevelandmilidh said:

                              Wimbley had that, what did he do for us? I like him because he's not just a speed rusher. He spins, bullrushes, sidesteps, dips-n-rips, plays the run well and can run around you. A more athletic Jared Allen

                              Well, I didn't think about that. You gave me some hope in him then.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • J jnuh

                                @soju said:

                                Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

                                I am with you. I am not sold on him from that video either. After watching that I would be suprised if he became anything more then an average DE. Hopefully I am wrong. I would have much rather rolled the dice on Bowers ... granted there was a big risk, but atleast there was also a huge reward. Oh well whats done is done. Lets hope this kid pans out.

                                hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 20k Posts
                                • 5k Reputation
                                hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @jnuh said:

                                I am with you. I am not sold on him from that video either. After watching that I would be suprised if he became anything more then an average DE. Hopefully I am wrong. I would have much rather rolled the dice on Bowers ... granted there was a big risk, but atleast there was also a huge reward. Oh well whats done is done. Lets hope this kid pans out.

                                Well, if you were listening to the draft today- the reason why Bowers fell all the way to #51 is the medical report says he's going to need more surgery on the knee sooner or later-and probably sooner- and it's the dreaded microfracture surgery that pretty much ended Courtney Brown's career.

                                Well, if the Patriots didn't want Bowers, neither should we. I think Heckert learned his lesson about fan reaction on taking medical risks last year. 🙂

                                J 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 2k Posts
                                  • 139 Reputation
                                  cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  He reminds me of an Antwan Peek, but I think he has a pretty high ceiling.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                    • 3k Posts
                                    • 241 Reputation
                                    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Sheard is one of the best pass rushers in this draft class and it's funny because no better pass rusher was taken between our first pick (Taylor) and Sheard so it really worked out in our favor. I mean even if Sheard went off the board will still had Brooks Reed sitting there for us.

                                    Ruining threads since 1897.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • hoortaH hoorta

                                      @jnuh said:

                                      I am with you. I am not sold on him from that video either. After watching that I would be suprised if he became anything more then an average DE. Hopefully I am wrong. I would have much rather rolled the dice on Bowers ... granted there was a big risk, but atleast there was also a huge reward. Oh well whats done is done. Lets hope this kid pans out.

                                      Well, if you were listening to the draft today- the reason why Bowers fell all the way to #51 is the medical report says he's going to need more surgery on the knee sooner or later-and probably sooner- and it's the dreaded microfracture surgery that pretty much ended Courtney Brown's career.

                                      Well, if the Patriots didn't want Bowers, neither should we. I think Heckert learned his lesson about fan reaction on taking medical risks last year. 🙂

                                      jnuh J
                                      • 402 Posts
                                      • 27 Reputation
                                      J jnuh wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @hoorta said:

                                      Well, if you were listening to the draft today- the reason why Bowers fell all the way to #51 is the medical report says he's going to need more surgery on the knee sooner or later-and probably sooner- and it's the dreaded microfracture surgery that pretty much ended Courtney Brown's career.

                                      Well, if the Patriots didn't want Bowers, neither should we. I think Heckert learned his lesson about fan reaction on taking medical risks last year. 🙂

                                      I am aware of that. Thats why I said there was a high risk/high reward with him. If he didn't need the surgery he would just be high reward in the second round 🙂 he also wouldn't have been sitting there in round 2.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      Reply
                                      • Reply as topic
                                      Log in to reply
                                      • Oldest to Newest
                                      • Newest to Oldest
                                      • Most Votes


                                      Theme
                                      • System
                                      • Light
                                      • Dark
                                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Forums
                                      • Recent
                                      • Popular
                                      • Users
                                      • Donate