Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Day 3 Pick'em

Day 3 Pick'em

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
26 Posts 16 Posters 1.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
    • 3k Posts
    • 241 Reputation
    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    As it looks right now, the Browns will not be trading up into the 3rd round leaving us with 6 picks tommorrow. They are two 4th's, a 5th, two 6th's, and a late 7th. In the 4th round the picks are early and late and in the 6th they are both early. Pick who you think we should look at.

    The only guys that I really have my eye on right now are Mathews and I would look for him with one of the 4th round picks. I would also have an eye on Mark LeGree FS from Appalachian State who ended his career with 22 INT's and could be had in the 5th or 6th. I wouldn't mind a QB in the 6th or 7th, my pick would be McElroy or Taylor. I need to look at a list of un drafted players so far in order to name more.

    Ruining threads since 1897.
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • b86b b86bB
      • 333 Posts
      • 15 Reputation
      b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Ahmad Black

      Noel Devine

      Davon House

      James Brewer

      Terrance Tolliver

      Chris Carter

      Greg Jones

      Just to name a few people..

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
        • 4k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
        #3

        If we take another WR, I would prefer to look at Dane Sanzenbacher of OSU & Cecil Short of Mt Union. Sanzenbacher is a money player & plays his best under stress. I am definitely interested in Casey Mathews & would like to see us fill things out with OL, another DE, LB, & I assume Mike H will insist on a late round QB which is his pattern. All this being said, our experts are doing a whole lot better than I would, so I'm just looking forward to what THEY pick. Of course my ego wants them to grab at least ONE of MY picks.

        Mike

        IN DORSEY I TRUST
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Browns B
          • 438 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          B Browns wrote on last edited by
          #4

          A few names:

          Casey Matthews

          Derrick locke (I'm not 100% hes even in this draft, if hardesty doesn't work out, locke could easily be the back-up RB)

          Don't really know any more.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
            • 3k Posts
            • 241 Reputation
            Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I Like Dein Lewis in the 4th or 5th, a very good HB from Pitt who could make the transition in the NFL with his Pitt teammate Sheard. Reminds me of Drew-Jones. Shill have Gates and Shorts if they fall as speed guys to look at around the 5th or 6th round alone with Sanz. I do like Greg Jones at a 4th round LB but i also like Homan (played against him in high school. will not be known for lack of effort) and even more so I like Harvey from Marshall who I saw play 3 times last year (were against BGSU, Ohio State, and WVU) and each team he simply dominated. Then of course I also like LeGree and I also like Chekwa from OSU.

            Ruining threads since 1897.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 139 Reputation
              cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
              #6

              We need a bit of a faster rb, and Deion Lewis would fit that bill, he is very small and he is also is really no where near the player that jones drew is, but then again he could be in a few years. Im hoping We get Stanzi in the 5th if he is there also.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Unsympathetic U Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 4k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Chekwa is by far the best DB left on the board.. he ran a 4.40 at the combine without being able to pull his upper body through, he still had his wrist in a cast!

                Sam Acho is my DL target for round 4.. if we get both of these it will be great. Acho set the combine position record in the 3-cone.

                The more labels you have for yourself, the dumber they make you. "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." Paul Brown
                Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • U Unsympathetic

                  Chekwa is by far the best DB left on the board.. he ran a 4.40 at the combine without being able to pull his upper body through, he still had his wrist in a cast!

                  Sam Acho is my DL target for round 4.. if we get both of these it will be great. Acho set the combine position record in the 3-cone.

                  Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 241 Reputation
                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @unsympathetic said:

                  Chekwa is by far the best DB left on the board.. he ran a 4.40 at the combine without being able to pull his upper body through, he still had his wrist in a cast!

                  Sam Acho is my DL target for round 4.. if we get both of these it will be great. Acho set the combine position record in the 3-cone.

                  I forgot Acho is still on the board. Very likely he is a Brown. Also wouldn't be surprised to see us take Romeus from Pitt (played across from Sheard). Romeus was actually projected to go in round 1 this year but suffered a back and knee injury (had surgery on the knee, I don't know about the back). With his talent level I think he is a good prospect to pull the trigger on in the 5th, maybe even 4th.

                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • tlsdawg T
                    • 11 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    T tlsdawg wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I've been looking for a list of who is left but a few names off the top of my head would be

                    Stanzi Holgrem likes to take a qb every year I think he could be a good backup behind mccoy.

                    Chekwa I thought he was pretty good for the buckeyes and could be a still in this part of the draft.

                    Dion Lewis would be a good change of pace back

                    Mathews saw some video on him earlier looked like he played with hart and that's what this team needs more of.

                    Is Edmund Gates still available

                    If anyone can find a list of who's left please post it.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 241 Reputation
                      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Gates and Shorts are two WR's that the team has looked at that are also still available. I just don't see them using anything higher than a 6th on a WR though, unless someone they really really like falls to the 5th.

                      Ruining threads since 1897.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                        • 64k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Name: Johnny Culbreath

                        College: South Carolina State Number: 50

                        Height: 6-5 Weight: 322

                        Position: OT Pos2: OG

                        Class/Draft Year: rSr/2011

                        40 Time: 5.04 40 Low: 4.95 40 High: 5.12

                        Projected Round: 7 Stock:

                        Rated number 24 out of 87 OT's 266 / 2087 TOTAL

                        In the fourth round. will have time to learn behind Pashos, can back up Joe Thomas in a pinch.

                        He won't last too much longer after the Browns' first fourth rounder, I think.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Mr. T Mr. TM
                          • 7k Posts
                          • 184 Reputation
                          Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Unless this is wrong http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-name/dt-by-name-input:m I say go get Casey Matthews.

                          Head or Gut?
                          Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Mr. TM Mr. T

                            Unless this is wrong http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-name/dt-by-name-input:m I say go get Casey Matthews.

                            Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                            • 4k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @mr.-t said:

                            Unless this is wrong http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-name/dt-by-name-input:m I say go get Casey Matthews.

                            I'm right there with you. Hell, I'd grab him on his bloodlines alone!

                            Mike

                            IN DORSEY I TRUST
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • ClevelandBigDawg C
                              • 571 Posts
                              • 8 Reputation
                              C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Casey Matthews

                              Greg Romeus

                              Deion Lewis

                              Cecil Shorts III

                              ?

                              ?

                              ?

                              Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
                                • 2k Posts
                                • 29 Reputation
                                TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Deion Lewis

                                Casey Matthews

                                Greg McElroy

                                Jermale Hines

                                Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                                  • 2k Posts
                                  • 87 Reputation
                                  WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Anybody but dane s wr..

                                  We need guys who can bring something different to the team. We already have robo and momass to fill our quota of slow and crappy wrs.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 2k Posts
                                    • 100 Reputation
                                    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Is Mark Herzlich still available? He could be a beast of a MLB

                                    once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • C ClevelandBigDawg

                                      Casey Matthews

                                      Greg Romeus

                                      Deion Lewis

                                      Cecil Shorts III

                                      ?

                                      ?

                                      ?

                                      Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                      • 3k Posts
                                      • 241 Reputation
                                      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @clevelandbigdawg said:

                                      Casey Matthews

                                      Greg Romeus

                                      Deion Lewis

                                      Cecil Shorts III

                                      ?

                                      ?

                                      ?

                                      @theclevelandsound said:

                                      Deion Lewis

                                      Casey Matthews

                                      Greg McElroy

                                      Jermale Hines

                                      @clevelandfanforlife said:

                                      Is Mark Herzlich still available? He could be a beast of a MLB

                                      Herzlich is still availibe. So my current big pick order is:

                                      4th Round:

                                      Deion Lewis: I feel like this guy needs to be taken before 5 because alot of teams have seen what kind of talent he has.

                                      Herzlich/Mathews: I feel like we don't need to take both. Either or would do and I would be happy with who ever. Herzlich would have been a 1st round pick if not for his bought with cancer.

                                      Back up Choice: Acho (DE Texas) another fast small DE.

                                      Back Up Chioce 2: Chekwa (CB Ohio State) one of the fasted options left on the board, also best availbe CB prospect. At worst would be a good backup returner, should spend his career at nickle.

                                      5th Round:

                                      Gates or Shorts: They give us the speed option that we currently do not have at WR. Short's would spend his career in the slot, Gates would have a chance to move up as a #2, long shot at #1 guy.

                                      Back up Choice: Greg Romeus (DE Pitt) was a first round talent before he missed his senior season with a back and then knee injury. Played across from Sheard.

                                      6th Round:

                                      Greg Romeus: As said above this guy is a first round talent. There is a really good chance he falls this far since he suffered two injuries his senior season. First round talent in the 6th. Stupid to not take him.

                                      McElroy or Taylor: Both good options as future back up QB's/future trade bait. Taylor could easily become the future Seneca Wallace if not be a starter in the league in 5 years, McElroy could be like Fitspatrick, which is be successful if put into the right system.

                                      LeGree (FS Appalachian State): I putting 3 guys here because there is a good chance that we took Romerus in the 5th (or he is already gone) or that we just don't take a QB. Legree had 22 INT's over his college career with a shocking 10 his sophmore season. Has average physical attributes and runs a 4.5. Just knows how to get the ball. At worst he is a good back up.

                                      Back up Choice: Just best available OSU player since at this point they are the only ones I know. I wouldn't take Rolle even as a Saftey prospect. The guy runs a 4.5, but just flat out misses tackles. If there was a least valuable player award at the Suger Bowl, the Rolle would have won if for his around 6 missed tackles. With Sanz and Homan you won't get the most talented players but you are going to get hard workers who will sacrifice their bodies. Actually Homan put up top 5 and top ten numbers at the combine (had the highest bench press for linebackers) but tends to drag down runners instead of pushing them back. Hines is a hard hitter, that's all I know.

                                      7th Round

                                      Back up Choice:

                                      LeGree: Talked about him above. If by some miracle he is still here you take him.

                                      Ryan Taylor (FB/TE North Carolina): This guy actually came in for a visit with the team. I love Vickers but it looks like his time as a Brown is up. This kid has shown that he can block, catch (11 catches for 82 yards as junior) and carry the ball (700+ yards for 3.7 yard per carry as Junior). I think normally the Browns would just use the pick on someone else and pick this guy up as an UFA, but with the lockout back on they just pull the trigger to make sure they have him.

                                      Update

                                      Rick Elmore is the guy who played across from Brooks Reed and he also had a very solid career, I think having 10ish sacks last season. Someone to look at.

                                      Ruining threads since 1897.
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • jasont44094 J
                                        • 225 Posts
                                        • 4 Reputation
                                        J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Jordan Cameron TE USC basketball background 6-5 254 ran a 4.59

                                        Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • J jasont44094

                                          Jordan Cameron TE USC basketball background 6-5 254 ran a 4.59

                                          Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                          • 3k Posts
                                          • 241 Reputation
                                          Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @jasont44094 said:

                                          Jordan Cameron TE USC basketball background 6-5 254 ran a 4.59

                                          If I remember right he has the best vertical and 40 time out of any TE at the combine.

                                          Ruining threads since 1897.
                                          b86bB 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate