Now That The Draft Is Over... 2012 Draft Prospects.
-
I think next year's linebacking core is the special exception where there are 2 candidates for the "best". Trust me, Manti Te'o is as every bit of a monster as Burfict. Both will be pro bowlers.
I think next year's linebacking core is the special exception where there are 2 candidates for the "best". Trust me, Manti Te'o is as every bit of a monster as Burfict. Both will be pro bowlers.
That's even better, because I highly doubt those two guys will go 1-2, which gives us a chance to grab one.
-
This year for supplemental -
Janoris Jenkins - CB/Jackass - Florida... Get him cheap, cut him lose if he acts stupid... Sign him for big bucks if he performs... WIN / WIN
Noel Devine - HB WVU -
+ Surprised this guy didn't go in the 6th or 7th. He is speedy and cheap at this point... albeit small.
2012
Jeff Demps - HB Florida
+ I love Hillis, but his running style is dangerous to his longevity. Demps is a legit HB that also happens to be a 100m olympic style speedster. Could be a nice compliment to Hillis. He isn't an every-down HB, but who is these days?... minus Hillis.
Manti Te'o - MLB Notre Dame
+ Watched his highlights and he is ALWAYS around the ball. A genuine MLB that reminds me a lil of Urlacher/R. Lewis.
Dre Kirkpatrick - CB Bama
+ Not really a speedster as his 40 is 4.49... While it is fast, he is 6'2", 190 lbs... He could beef up and play safety.
Blair Walsh - K Georgia
+ Absolute CANNON for a leg. This guy can kick it a mile. I like Dawson, but his time has come and gone.
Chris Owusu - WR Stanford
+ While I feel like he is the product of having the best college QB throwing to him (see Massaquoi), I really like this guy's upstanding nature and his toughness... not to mention his hands. 6'2" 4.47 in the 40 isn't the BURNER I want but I like the intangibles.
Dre Kirkpatrick - CB Bama
+ Not really a speedster as his 40 is 4.49... While it is fast, he is 6'2", 190 lbs... He could beef up and play safety.
I probably know more about Alabama, their schemes, their coaching style and their players than anyone else on this board and I can safely say, Kirkpatrick is being severely overrated because of his size. Trust me, he won't switch to safety. I wouldn't go near him with any of our picks next year. To be fair, he's also a lot faster than his 4.49 speed. He plays at about Amukamara's speed (4.37).
I also want to bring to people's attention Knile Davis. That kid could be something special. He's just a straight up beast. I wouldn't draft a RB in the first round unless it's the late 1st round (we could use our Atlanta pick) and he's this special of a runningback. I also like Richardson out of Alabama. He's a much better prospect than Ingram.
-
Dre Kirkpatrick - CB Bama
+ Not really a speedster as his 40 is 4.49... While it is fast, he is 6'2", 190 lbs... He could beef up and play safety.
I probably know more about Alabama, their schemes, their coaching style and their players than anyone else on this board and I can safely say, Kirkpatrick is being severely overrated because of his size. Trust me, he won't switch to safety. I wouldn't go near him with any of our picks next year. To be fair, he's also a lot faster than his 4.49 speed. He plays at about Amukamara's speed (4.37).
I also want to bring to people's attention Knile Davis. That kid could be something special. He's just a straight up beast. I wouldn't draft a RB in the first round unless it's the late 1st round (we could use our Atlanta pick) and he's this special of a runningback. I also like Richardson out of Alabama. He's a much better prospect than Ingram.
I probably know more about Alabama, their schemes, their coaching style and their players than anyone else on this board and I can safely say, Kirkpatrick is being severely overrated because of his size. Trust me, he won't switch to safety. I wouldn't go near him with any of our picks next year. To be fair, he's also a lot faster than his 4.49 speed. He plays at about Amukamara's speed (4.37).
I also want to bring to people's attention Knile Davis. That kid could be something special. He's just a straight up beast. I wouldn't draft a RB in the first round unless it's the late 1st round (we could use our Atlanta pick) and he's this special of a runningback. I also like Richardson out of Alabama. He's a much better prospect than Ingram.
Good to know... Personally I am wary of Bama products... Much as I am wary of anyone from my Buckeyes.
-
I love Richardson out of Alabama. I crazy strong runner who has something like 4.45 speed. Also there is Minnfield from Virgina, he is expected to be a 1st rounder next year too.
-
He is too smart... I like my QBs to be fast, Retarded and have a taste for codeine.
haha i like. But in seriousness I'm a browns fan first and a colt mccoy fan second. If he does not do well this year, we are a top ten or top five pick team in next years draft. Many say Luck is going #1 next year..why? That's assuming the team holding the number 1 pick has no QB of the future. This draft saw 6 teams take 1st or 2nd round Qbs for the future (Carolina, Titans, Vikings, Jaguars, 49ers, Cincy) so thats 6 less teams that will take Luck at #1 or even in the top five. I totally see Luck on our radar this year and at least in one of our many draft scenario possibilities depending on Mccoy and our season. We have two 1st rounders next year. If we had to use that second 1st to jump a team to get up to grab him I would totally pull that trigger. Of course this is in the scenario of us tanking our season, McCoy doing bad, and Luck having his usual great college season.
-
Well yeah, I wanna see how McCoy does this yea. If he does well, we probably wont be in position to draft Luck anyways, but if he does poorly we are probably in position to draft him or move up for him.
Right now a QB is not so much a "need," so I didn't post Luck, but he would obviously be our top prospect if McCoy should falter. Right now, without the FA, and season showing us who is where and how they are progressing and playing together, our quote-unquote "needs" probably look about like this not necessarily in this order:
LB - middle and/or outside. LBs are premium in the NFL, so we would have to way overpay for a solid one, might as well try and get it through the draft next year
DE - This one is definitely a wait-and-see type of position. Roth and/or Benard could suffice, but I am not gonna hold my breath. We may be able to get Edwards or something in FA.
OT - Would be nice to see what we got in Pinkston, but I hope it's not because we are doing poorly and wanna get the young guys reps. We could also get like Clabo or something in FA.
WR - Call it a need or call it a luxary I am not gonna hold my breath for Massaquoi, Cribbs, Robiskie, Mitchell. We may be able to take a rd 2 guy but we need a No1/No2 WR as of now. Greg Little will hopefully be able to fill one of those roles.
DB - We could use another corner and/or safety. Either one or both.
Still looks like a lot of needs, but right now I would say it is LB and OT in that order. The other positions we got one guy in place, just need to make sure to find another.
-
Courtney Upshaw from Bama with Atlanta pick, he is a damn beast also. He is almost 6'3" and he is 260, he would be sweet as our mlb. Alshon is a bad mofo too, and I would love to get him.
-
Remember boys and girls that at some point...hopefully....before the season starts there will be a "free agency" period where the Browns can pick up talent at these other various positions of need, like linebacker, maybe even WR.
-
Well yeah. I pointed that out with my last post as well. Without the FAs I think these are our needs. Unless we pick up some younger(ish) type "stud" a la Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice or Tyson Clabo these will still be areas of need after the draft. Holmgren is a strong believer in building a team through the draft, and I agree. First of all we would really have to overpay and a lot of free agents are stop gap type players. Think Scott Fujita, while solid was never our answer at LB, nor should he ever be. Plus most players in FA are at least in their 4th 5th or 6th year. It is tough to find a really good young RT, RB, WR, QB, LB, CB, ok well any position. If they were that good teams wouldn't let them go, or if they were asking for a decent amount of money.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login