What's In A Name?
-
Even our guys can't get it right and call the wrong person...
-
I'm not surprised. I kept slurring his name because I would originally start to say Cameron Jordan instead of Jordan Cameron.
-
Browns mistakenly called wrong player during NFL draft
By Chris Chase
With the 102nd pick in last weekend's NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns selected USC tight end Jordan Cameron(notes) (at right). When the team attempted to call their newest draftee, they instead rang the number of Cal defensive end Cameron Jordan(notes) (at left) who had already been drafted in the first round by the New Orleans Saints.
Cameron Jordan was touring the Saints practice facility when he got the call on Saturday. Later, he explained the mix-up to SI.com's Peter King:
"Hi,'' said the voice on the other end. "Jordan? This is the Cleveland Browns ...'' The call was for some biographical information.
"Uh, yeah, this is Cameron Jordan,'' he said. "But the Saints already picked me.''
There was an awkward pause, and Cameron Jordan said: "I think you mean Jordan Cameron, you're looking for Jordan Cameron. That's not me.''
And somewhere, an old writer on "Three's Company" gets a new idea for a sitcom. They could call it "The Jordans."
I'd like to imagine the Browns' caller trying to cover up the mistake by stumbling over his or her words and trying to act like they were calling Cameron Jordan for another reason altogether. "Uhhh, yeah, uh, I know who this is. [Long pause] We here at the Browns just, uh, wanted to say, well, congratulations for getting drafted by the Saints. [Click.]"
Cleveland eventually got in touch with Jordan Cameron.
-
Hahaha, that's pretty funny.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login