Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Thoughts On Osama

Thoughts On Osama

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
12 Posts 9 Posters 399 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #1

    No politics here and sorry if I sound liberal:

    The president did the right thimng.

    I can't imagine anyone making a different choice

    I don't have a good feeling about the quick burial at6 sea.

    I think they did the right thing in performing the service in Arabic.

    The real loons will still hate us and the moderates won't like us any better but they might not hate us too much more.

    I wouldn't think many of them hate OBL.

    Muslim US relations across the board are going to take a hit.

    I'm angry about the gleeful demonstrations at everyone who participates.

    College kids partying at an Osama is dead kegger etc.

    I wonder why that footage is different than bearded assholes dancing in the street to celebrate more US dead.

    Act like you've beenthere before.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
      #2

      I agree WSS, but as you pointed out, a lot of the celebrating was by college kids....they haven't been there before.

      I want this lockout bullcrap to go away, but opening the season in NYC on 9-1-11, the 10 year anniversary, sounded dumb to me before the Navy Seals did their mission.Goodell should reconsider in light of the Bin Laden killing (if there is football). Why tempt these extremists any more than we have to? I hope I'm wrong, & just being paranoid about this.

      Karlis Missed
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 6k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
        #3

        I was initially pumped about it. Ding dong, the witch is dead. Felt patriotic for the first time in a long while; the United States killed one of its greatest enemies.

        As the night went on, I saw the shots from DC and other colleges. It's finals week here, so there wasn't really anyone celebrating. All that I could think of was how unbelievably angry I was when I saw videos of people in the Middle East cheering after 9/11. I don't blame anyone for celebrating. I can't relate to it to much as I didn't know anyone who died, but lots of people did, and they're entitled to it. And while it's in many ways different than celebrating for 9/11, I can't help but think these videos are going to help motivate another generation's hate for us.

        Also, I don't see this as a huge obstacle in US/Muslim relations. Pakistan/US relations, absolutely, but not Muslim/US.

        W 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

          I was initially pumped about it. Ding dong, the witch is dead. Felt patriotic for the first time in a long while; the United States killed one of its greatest enemies.

          As the night went on, I saw the shots from DC and other colleges. It's finals week here, so there wasn't really anyone celebrating. All that I could think of was how unbelievably angry I was when I saw videos of people in the Middle East cheering after 9/11. I don't blame anyone for celebrating. I can't relate to it to much as I didn't know anyone who died, but lots of people did, and they're entitled to it. And while it's in many ways different than celebrating for 9/11, I can't help but think these videos are going to help motivate another generation's hate for us.

          Also, I don't see this as a huge obstacle in US/Muslim relations. Pakistan/US relations, absolutely, but not Muslim/US.

          Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 39k Posts
          • 9k Reputation
          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @vaportrail said:

          And while it's in many ways different than celebrating for 9/11, I can't help but think these videos are going to help motivate another generation's hate for us.

          I hear ya.

          Also, I don't see this as a huge obstacle in US/Muslim relations. Pakistan/US relations, absolutely, but not Muslim/US.

          Well they don't see him like we do.

          Though I oppose them I'm probably more sympathetic to the IRA than Hamas.

          I'd guess that's how it is with average Muslims in Detroit or Akron.

          WSS

          WSS[/b]

          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Chicopee John C
            • 2k Posts
            • 104 Reputation
            C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
            #5

            No need for anybody to nitpick this one, Brother Steve.

            Fast, clean and with precision.

            Also not a whisper heard from the lunatic fringe about State Sponsored Assassination nor interrogation techniques.

            I like slam dunks - this was a slam dunk.

            "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
            VaporTrailV 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Mr. T Mr. TM
              • 7k Posts
              • 184 Reputation
              Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I am glad that we have reached a milestone on the war on terror. What I don't care for is all of the mis-information that is starting to come out and how everyone is changing their stories.

              A real leader is truthful and should be reliable. With all of the crap coming out on how all the details of the operation went down ais and then they reverse the details of the story is a disgrace on the Obama administration.

              It is pretty sickening that the White house is continually changing the details in an attempt to influence the emotions and the behavior of the American Public.

              Whatever happened to being honest?

              Head or Gut?
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • C Chicopee John

                No need for anybody to nitpick this one, Brother Steve.

                Fast, clean and with precision.

                Also not a whisper heard from the lunatic fringe about State Sponsored Assassination nor interrogation techniques.

                I like slam dunks - this was a slam dunk.

                VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 6k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @chicopee-john said:

                No need for anybody to nitpick this one, Brother Steve.

                Fast, clean and with precision.

                Also not a whisper heard from the lunatic fringe about State Sponsored Assassination nor interrogation techniques.

                I like slam dunks - this was a slam dunk.

                I mean, we still don't know how much information we got out of waterboarding, and if the information we got from it was good, it still led us to a 10 year, multi-trillion dollar goose chase. I still think we shouldn't torture.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Pumpkin Eater P
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 297 Reputation
                  P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I don't see the comparison. One group of people celebrated as 3000 INNOCENT people died a horrible death.

                  The other group of people celebrated when the #1 enemy of the state was killed, a man behind the deaths of 3000 innocent people.

                  I think one is worse than the other, but that's just me.

                  I'm still celebrating.

                  :neutral_face:
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 6k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Right, I agree with you, and I'm still happy that we finally nabbed the xxxxer. Unfortunately, a mass murderer is not how they saw him. He had very legitimate reasons to fight the USSR, and our foreign policy was the reason he targeted us. He managed to bring both countries to their knees, economically, and he'll be remembered by them as the guy who fought for Islamic independence from the commies and Americans.

                    I'm in no way saying your celebrations are wrong; they aren't.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                      • 28k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I celebrate. Screw Bin Laden. I wish he had been buried in pig remains. No sympathy from me. Why give the asshole an Islamic ceremony? He is a terrorist. He deserves nothing.

                      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • miktoxic miktoxicM
                        • 13k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        we've been hunting this guy down for 10+ years. we got him. he didn't want to surrender. he had women confront our military on entry to his room. i'm sure it was total chaos. the guy was killed. what's better: him being taken alive and being brought back here for endless trials until he goes to jail for the rest of his life while we support him or him being alive and being on trial in some arab country where they eventually hang or shoot him anyways?

                        if these next generations of americans don't start 'manning-up' and quit crying the politically correctness paranoid pussiness we will all soon falter and invite our eventual takeover.

                        why don't you ask yourselves what your grandfathers would have said or done? if this was a hunt for hitler back in the day and the end result was the same, you don't think they'd be dancing down broadway in times square?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                          • 64k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Given the exact same scenario, but had it happened during Bush's second term.....

                          does anyone imagine the left and the media would be so quiet and "supportive"...???

                          John hit it square - it would be screaming about assassination, calling for Bush's impeachment because of it,

                          calling our Soldiers murderers....

                          It would have been entirely opposite. Totally, totally corrupt.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          Theme
                          • System
                          • Light
                          • Dark
                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Forums
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Users
                          • Donate