Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Camp Colt Ii

Camp Colt Ii

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
20 Posts 16 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • admin 0 admin 0A One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 257 Posts
    • 25 Reputation
    admin 0A admin 0 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    CLEVELAND -- Browns players are beginning their second player-organized "minicamp'' today at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, a league source told The Plain Dealer.

    The first one, organized by quarterback Colt McCoy, was last month at the University of Texas, McCoy's alma mater. The camps are designed to prepare the players for the season despite the NFL lockout.

    McCoy told The Plain Dealer last week that a second camp was coming soon, but that he wanted to keep the date and location quiet. The first one lasted about three days.

    About a dozen offensive players attended "Camp Colt'' in Austin, and McCoy said he focused mainly on teaching the players the fundamentals of the Browns new West Coast offense. He received a playbook from the Browns several months ago and is well-versed in the new scheme.

    The initial camp included receivers Brian Robiskie, Mohamed Massaquoi, Josh Cribbs, Jordan Norwood, running back Peyton Hillis and tight end Evan Moore.

    McCoy said he contacted the Browns draft picks and invited them to the second camp. He said they were expected to attend, including receiver Greg Little and tight end Jordan Cameron. He said fullback Owen Marecic might not be able to come because he's still in classes at Stanford.

    The first session included workouts, meetings, position drills and passing situations. The players also bonded in other ways, dining together and visiting a ranch.

    The current camp, which is a players-only session, will probably also last about three days. Mohamed Massaquoi tweeted Monday that he was back in town, but didn't mention the camp.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • LCDawgFan13 LCDawgFan13L One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 461 Posts
      • 8 Reputation
      LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I gotta say, I really hope Colt plays as good as he leads. He has all of the leadership qualities we could ever ask for in a QB. I hope that he truly is fully healed and ready for a breakout sophmore season!

      brnfan16B 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
        • 64k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
        #3

        That kind of thing is only possible when you draft the same kind of mentality towards football, and team work, and work ethic.

        Talent doesn't matter if ya don't have the drive to work at it. It's fun knowing that these guys love football like this, and it's really great

        to see this Camp Colt II thing going on, especially with the draftees on offense. I'll have to get a group together, and go watch them in

        training camp. Haven't done that in many years.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Mr. T Mr. TM
          • 7k Posts
          • 184 Reputation
          Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
          #4

          You can thank the Tressell brothers for paying for the new turf at BW.

          Head or Gut?
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Thomaspro T
            • 178 Posts
            • 9 Reputation
            T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
            #5

            When was the last time we had a QB, or any member of the Browns that would take it upon themselves to organize off season work outs for himself and the team? I can not remember anyone up to this point in the modern Browns era.

            J Harry BuffaloH 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • 36Bones 36Bones3
              • 95 Posts
              • 4 Reputation
              36Bones3 36Bones wrote on last edited by 36Bones
              #6

              I'm really hoping Colt has a breakout year. The puzzle is FINALLY starting to be put together. This QB merry-go-round we have been on for so long, has made me sick. Good to see Little is going. Team unity? I think so.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                • 57k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I guess the question is: Is this really Colt himself taking the initiative to get all this together? I certainly would like to think so. I have no reason to think otherwise, but the question has to be asked if there is any "coaches" involvement in this that could get the Browns in trouble.....not that I care if the Browns get a fine for "improper contact" during the lockout. After all, it is just Randy Lerner's money, not mine or yours.

                Also, it was very smart for Colt to have it at B-W. I don't know their facilities available, but I assume they are reasonably adequate.....and, how many blocks away from the Browns training facility is B-W? Who is to know what slips out the back door, in terms of playbooks or a few photocopies or whatever.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Gips GipsG
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 34 Reputation
                  GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                  #8

                  While its not like bonding in berea or getting on the same wavelength with the new coaches i still heavily dig the fact that the guys that are participating in these player sponsored camps love the game and the team enough to try and get all the edge they can get on the new offensive system under their current deprived circumstances..

                  Daniel Colt McCoy has unquestionable leadership ability and im really pulling for this kid to be the full metal jacket field general this team so desperately needs, however i am comfortable with this regime and their withstanding judgement and evaluation process which will leave few if any questions as to rather colt is or can be the guy..

                  Damn i cant wait for this craptastic lockout and faceoff to end as it is hurting the browns considerably more than most clubs..

                  We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • c-dawg ?
                    • Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    ? c-dawg wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Hell yeah!

                    Go Colt!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • T Thomaspro

                      When was the last time we had a QB, or any member of the Browns that would take it upon themselves to organize off season work outs for himself and the team? I can not remember anyone up to this point in the modern Browns era.

                      jnuh J
                      • 402 Posts
                      • 27 Reputation
                      J jnuh wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @thomaspro said:

                      When was the last time we had a QB, or any member of the Browns that would take it upon themselves to organize off season work outs for himself and the team? I can not remember anyone up to this point in the modern Browns era.

                      There hasn't really been a reason in the past for the players to organize workouts .... the team organizes plenty for them to attend in a normal year. Also its great that Colt is doing this, but put it in perpescitive ... a player on almost (if not every) team has stepped up and organized OTA's.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • T Thomaspro

                        When was the last time we had a QB, or any member of the Browns that would take it upon themselves to organize off season work outs for himself and the team? I can not remember anyone up to this point in the modern Browns era.

                        Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                        • 3k Posts
                        • 241 Reputation
                        Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @thomaspro said:

                        When was the last time we had a QB, or any member of the Browns that would take it upon themselves to organize off season work outs for himself and the team? I can not remember anyone up to this point in the modern Browns era.

                        Welllll none when you consider this is the first lock out (not a strike like back in the late 80's) which would actually cause a player to have to organize the teams work outs instead of having the coaches do it. But I get your point and I fully agree.

                        @the-gipper said:

                        I guess the question is: Is this really Colt himself taking the initiative to get all this together? I certainly would like to think so. I have no reason to think otherwise, but the question has to be asked if there is any "coaches" involvement in this that could get the Browns in trouble.....not that I care if the Browns get a fine for "improper contact" during the lockout. After all, it is just Randy Lerner's money, not mine or yours.

                        Also, it was very smart for Colt to have it at B-W. I don't know their facilities available, but I assume they are reasonably adequate.....and, how many blocks away from the Browns training facility is B-W? Who is to know what slips out the back door, in terms of playbooks or a few photocopies or whatever.

                        I honestly think the reason they are having the camp at B-W is because if my memory serves me correctly they were originally supposed to have it at Kent State. Maybe the players got ahead of themselves and cancelled their reservation for the use of Kents fields but I do remember Cribbs saying he had everything set up with Kent State to not only practice on their fields and use their athletic team work out centers, but to actually stay in the dorms like a legit football camp. Maybe with all the players already have travel arrangement to come to NE Ohio this weekend they found the next best thing to go to.

                        Ruining threads since 1897.
                        F 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                          @thomaspro said:

                          When was the last time we had a QB, or any member of the Browns that would take it upon themselves to organize off season work outs for himself and the team? I can not remember anyone up to this point in the modern Browns era.

                          Welllll none when you consider this is the first lock out (not a strike like back in the late 80's) which would actually cause a player to have to organize the teams work outs instead of having the coaches do it. But I get your point and I fully agree.

                          @the-gipper said:

                          I guess the question is: Is this really Colt himself taking the initiative to get all this together? I certainly would like to think so. I have no reason to think otherwise, but the question has to be asked if there is any "coaches" involvement in this that could get the Browns in trouble.....not that I care if the Browns get a fine for "improper contact" during the lockout. After all, it is just Randy Lerner's money, not mine or yours.

                          Also, it was very smart for Colt to have it at B-W. I don't know their facilities available, but I assume they are reasonably adequate.....and, how many blocks away from the Browns training facility is B-W? Who is to know what slips out the back door, in terms of playbooks or a few photocopies or whatever.

                          I honestly think the reason they are having the camp at B-W is because if my memory serves me correctly they were originally supposed to have it at Kent State. Maybe the players got ahead of themselves and cancelled their reservation for the use of Kents fields but I do remember Cribbs saying he had everything set up with Kent State to not only practice on their fields and use their athletic team work out centers, but to actually stay in the dorms like a legit football camp. Maybe with all the players already have travel arrangement to come to NE Ohio this weekend they found the next best thing to go to.

                          FearTheRoo F
                          • 496 Posts
                          • 14 Reputation
                          F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                          Welllll none when you consider this is the first lock out (not a strike like back in the late 80's) which would actually cause a player to have to organize the teams work outs instead of having the coaches do it. But I get your point and I fully agree.

                          I honestly think the reason they are having the camp at B-W is because if my memory serves me correctly they were originally supposed to have it at Kent State. Maybe the players got ahead of themselves and cancelled their reservation for the use of Kents fields but I do remember Cribbs saying he had everything set up with Kent State to not only practice on their fields and use their athletic team work out centers, but to actually stay in the dorms like a legit football camp. Maybe with all the players already have travel arrangement to come to NE Ohio this weekend they found the next best thing to go to.

                          Maybe they realized Kent State is a dump and if they wanted real football facilities they should have gone to Akron

                          Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • F FearTheRoo

                            Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                            Welllll none when you consider this is the first lock out (not a strike like back in the late 80's) which would actually cause a player to have to organize the teams work outs instead of having the coaches do it. But I get your point and I fully agree.

                            I honestly think the reason they are having the camp at B-W is because if my memory serves me correctly they were originally supposed to have it at Kent State. Maybe the players got ahead of themselves and cancelled their reservation for the use of Kents fields but I do remember Cribbs saying he had everything set up with Kent State to not only practice on their fields and use their athletic team work out centers, but to actually stay in the dorms like a legit football camp. Maybe with all the players already have travel arrangement to come to NE Ohio this weekend they found the next best thing to go to.

                            Maybe they realized Kent State is a dump and if they wanted real football facilities they should have gone to Akron

                            Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                            • 3k Posts
                            • 241 Reputation
                            Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @feartheroo said:

                            Maybe they realized Kent State is a dump and if they wanted real football facilities they should have gone to Akron

                            When I want to go somewhere for Soccor, I think Akron. Last place I think about for football is Akron.

                            Ruining threads since 1897.
                            F The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              My simple response is..."Hats off to Colt & those who are joining him". How many players have we had in recent years taking this type initiative? Folks, we are experiencing the formulation of a TEAM!!!......'Bout time, isn't it?

                              I can't wait 'till the playing begins.

                              Mike

                              IN DORSEY I TRUST
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                                @feartheroo said:

                                Maybe they realized Kent State is a dump and if they wanted real football facilities they should have gone to Akron

                                When I want to go somewhere for Soccor, I think Akron. Last place I think about for football is Akron.

                                FearTheRoo F
                                • 496 Posts
                                • 14 Reputation
                                F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by FearTheRoo
                                #15

                                Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                When I want to go somewhere for Soccor, I think Akron. Last place I think about for football is Akron.

                                I'm referring to facilities. You should think of Akron, for any sport. They are the best in Ohio, if not some of the best in the country...

                                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • jwmann2 J
                                  • 18 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  J jwmann2 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Isn't it sad that these informal workouts are considered news?

                                  Tell us About your Seats at the Browns Game
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                                    @feartheroo said:

                                    Maybe they realized Kent State is a dump and if they wanted real football facilities they should have gone to Akron

                                    When I want to go somewhere for Soccor, I think Akron. Last place I think about for football is Akron.

                                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                    • 57k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                    When I want to go somewhere for Soccor, I think Akron. Last place I think about for football is Akron.

                                    Actually, Akron should be the first place you think about for football. Akron WAS first in football:

                                    The very first NFL Champions were none other than the Akron Pros!!

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • F FearTheRoo

                                      Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                                      When I want to go somewhere for Soccor, I think Akron. Last place I think about for football is Akron.

                                      I'm referring to facilities. You should think of Akron, for any sport. They are the best in Ohio, if not some of the best in the country...

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @feartheroo said:

                                      I'm referring to facilities. You should think of Akron, for any sport. They are the best in Ohio, if not some of the best in the country...

                                      The Princeton Review ranks these as the 20 best Athletic facilities in the country:

                                      1. Maryland

                                      2. Wabash College

                                      3. Ga. Tech

                                      4. Penn St.

                                      5. Texas A&M

                                      6. Alabama

                                      7. Missouri

                                      8. Ohio State

                                      9. Georgia

                                      10. Loyola, Maryland

                                      11. West Virginia

                                      12. Florida

                                      13. Kenyon College

                                      14. Alabama-Birmingham

                                      15. Richmond

                                      16. Lafeyette

                                      17. South Carolina

                                      18. Middlebury

                                      19. TCU

                                      20. Boston U.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Texas Turkey T
                                        • 11 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        T Texas Turkey wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        I like the bonding and hopefully this gets the team closer and more cohesive.

                                        This kind of stuff could lead to more Browns W's.

                                        ...And go Colt!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13

                                          I gotta say, I really hope Colt plays as good as he leads. He has all of the leadership qualities we could ever ask for in a QB. I hope that he truly is fully healed and ready for a breakout sophmore season!

                                          brnfan16 brnfan16B
                                          • 171 Posts
                                          • 4 Reputation
                                          brnfan16B brnfan16 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @lcdawgfan13 said:

                                          I gotta say, I really hope Colt plays as good as he leads. He has all of the leadership qualities we could ever ask for in a QB. I hope that he truly is fully healed and ready for a breakout sophmore season!

                                          For this young QB to display his leadership skills like this is got to be a great feeling for the future. I hope the OL can gell enough to protect him. He is getting more weapons around him so the sky is the limit for his chance to the take the Browns to greatness.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better đź’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate