Skip to content

The New Browns FO

The Browns Board
9 8 888
  • So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

  • OMG, Please no Weis. . . I really don't like that guy.

  • So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

    @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

    I like the way you think .......

  • No way Weis comes to coach under a rookie HC. Especially a 32 year old rook.

    Plus, we'd have to reinforce the underground structure at the stadium where Crennel and Weis would stand......

  • So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

    @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

    How about the Browns just import the entire New England front office?

    Doesn't Weis make 4 mil per year at Notre Dame?

  • @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

    How about the Browns just import the entire New England front office?

    Doesn't Weis make 4 mil per year at Notre Dame?

    @lumbergh said:

    How about the Browns just import the entire New England front office?

    Not a bad idea, but until we import Brady, Moss, Welker, Seymour, Warren, Mayo, et al, we won't be near as good as they are.

  • So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

    @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

    Sorry, makes me go......................ha, ha, ha, ha not hmmmmmmm.

    Don't want RAC, he had 4 years here with the worst defense in the NFL. Weiss isn't going nowhere as an asst. and Mangini dropping to a DB coach is insulting. You might as well say Shanahan as OC and Cowher as DC and Polian as GM

  • @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    So, every 'inside source' has it's own set of rumors out there...I decided to get my own. Here is the 2009 Browns FO and coaching staff:

    VP/GM - Scott Pioli

    HC - Josh McDaniels

    OC - Charlie Weis

    DC - Romeo Crennel

    DB Coach - Eric Mangini (he can't get anything else due to spygate...and will take over for RAC in a couple years)

    Makes you go hmmmmmm!!!

    Sorry, makes me go......................ha, ha, ha, ha not hmmmmmmm.

    Don't want RAC, he had 4 years here with the worst defense in the NFL. Weiss isn't going nowhere as an asst. and Mangini dropping to a DB coach is insulting. You might as well say Shanahan as OC and Cowher as DC and Polian as GM

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Sorry, makes me go......................ha, ha, ha, ha not hmmmmmmm.

    Don't want RAC, he had 4 years here with the worst defense in the NFL. Weiss isn't going nowhere as an asst. and Mangini dropping to a DB coach is insulting. You might as well say Shanahan as OC and Cowher as DC and Polian as GM

    I hope you all realize that this was all done tongue in cheek. In no way do I think it is possible, much less what I would like to see.

    However, I think RAC as a DC would be a pretty good move.

    As for Mangini...their was an article I linked earlier that basically outlines the fact that he is going to get blackballed as an HC candidate....and may even have a tough time getting an assistants job due to the 'loyalty factor' from spygate. VP/GM's may very well decide they don't need a 'rat' in their midst.

    Anyway...Weis isn't happening, I am willing to bet RAC stays (if we go offensive guy at HC like McDaniels) as DC. As for Mangini...he will be an option at DC if RAC isn't. Not sure what happens at OC...

    If McKay gets the nod...who knows!

  • I'll go with

    Pioli VP/GM

    McDaniels as HC

    Mangini as DC

    RAC as Defensive Line coach

    not sure about Chud at OC, he is owed a lot of money, will McDaniels want him around??

    Only way I'd want RAC back would be as a DL coach, not as a DC. RAC might stick around for the fun of coaching and simplifying his life, not have to deal with the headaches and energy needed to be a HC.

    I'd like to see Turner go back to secondary/DB coach, plus the title of assistant DC. He did a good job with our secondary.

    This would give us a good DL coach, good DB coach, an energetic Defensive Coordinator with a chip on his shoulder. This is a lot more talent than what RAC had going when he was head coach.