Championship Info
-
Here is some data on the upcoming NBA and NHL Finals that begin this week.
The Miami Heat last won an NBA title in 2006.
The Dallas Mavericks have never won an NBA title since their inception in 1980
The Boston Bruins last won an NHL title in 1972
The Vancouver Canucks have never won an NHL title since their inception in 1970
The Heat's win in 2006 was the last major sports title won by a team from Miami.
The last title won by a team from Dallas was the 1999 NHL title won by the Dallas Stars
The last title won by a team from Boston/New England was the Celtics title in 2008
The last title won by a team from Vancouver was when the Vancouver Millionaires won the Stanley Cup in 1915!
The cities of Boston/NE and Vancouver have never had teams meet in the finals of any major sport.
The cities of Dallas and Miami have, however, met before with the following results:
In 1971 the Dallas Cowboys defeated the Miami Dolphins in the Super Bowl.
In 2006 these same Heat and Mavericks played the NBA Finals with Miami winning.
Teams from the Miami area have won a total of 5 titles in sports history: 2 Super Bowls (Dolphins), 2 World Series (Marlins), and 1 NBA title (Heat).
Teams from Dallas have won a total of 7 titles: 1 Stanley Cup (Stars), 1 AFL title (Texans nka Kansas City Chiefs), and 5 Super Bowls (Cowboys)
Teams from Boston/New England have won a total of 33 titles in history: 17 NBA titles (Celtics), 3 Super Bowls (Patriots), 1 NFL title (Providence Steam Roller), 8 World Series (1 by Boston Braves, 7 by Red Sox), and 5 Stanley Cups (Bruins)
Teams from Vancouver have won just that one title, the 1915 Stanley Cup.
So, now: Who are you picking in each of these series?
-
To answer my own question: Even if the Heat didn't have The Coward of Cuyahoga County playing for them I would want the Mavs to win and get their first title. The Heat, after all, just won a few years ago.
And who isn't rooting for a team to bring a city its first title since 1915 unless you are from Boston?
So for me give me the Canucks and the Mavericks to hopefully win.
-
Zombo said:
If you'll look back to your survey before the NBA playoffs began, I was the only one to Dallas to win it all ... I'm certainly sticking to that, and rooting for them.
I think I prefer the Canucks over the Bruins. Usually I go with the "Original 6" team ... Boston is an obnoxious city with plenty of sports successes, let's let Vancouver win something.
Zombo
I like the City of Boston, and I even like the people....until they become the unbearable whiny sports fan Boston people. So, let me go see the Commons and the Battle Road and Walden Pond, but just STFU about your sports team. The only city I know that wins more but has more people act like losers is Pittsburgh.
Vancouver is a gorgeous city. Just spectacular at times. (the only thing it lacks is a limited access highway to get in and out of town. You have to go 10 miles on surface streets to find an "interstate". Or you have to try to cross the Lions Gate Bridge, and that is even worse. It is hellacious to get out of there around rush hour.)
So, yea, they deserve a title after nearly 100 years.
-
I hope the Vancouver Canucks never win a title.
...unless of course they change their name to the Vancouver Millionaires
-
I hope the Vancouver Canucks never win a title.
...unless of course they change their name to the Vancouver Millionaires
I hope the Vancouver Canucks never win a title.
...unless of course they change their name to the Vancouver Millionaires
If they win the Cup many of them will be Millionaires, in fact if not in name.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login