Skip to content

Seneca Wallace

The Browns Board
16 12 1.1k
  • This is a recent article about Seneca Wallace.

    His attitude does not come across very well.

    What do you think?

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/06/fire_to_play_still_burns_for_c.html

    Thomaspro

  • I didn't think it read too bad at all. They guy comes across as a competitor - something you want. He didn't put down the team, players, Colt - he just came across to me as a man who wants a starting job - why wouldn't he.

  • I didn't think it read too bad at all. They guy comes across as a competitor - something you want. He didn't put down the team, players, Colt - he just came across to me as a man who wants a starting job - why wouldn't he.

    @howiedawg said:

    I didn't think it read too bad at all. They guy comes across as a competitor - something you want. He didn't put down the team, players, Colt - he just came across to me as a man who wants a starting job - why wouldn't he.

    Right. If he didn't want to compete for the starting job you would have to wonder about him.

  • This is what you want out of your players. I don't understand why we always want the backup Tackle or Safety to bust their ass but we want the backup QB to accept his place.

  • Seneca wallace is 7ft tall

  • And shoots thunderbolts outta his arse! 😉

  • Wallace, 31, said half-jokingly that he won't let McCoy in on all of his West Coast secrets.

    "Yeah, I can't disclose everything to him," he said. "I'm still trying to go out there and play for my position, you know? But I'm not going to hold everything back from him. If there's something he wants to know about the offense, I'd definitely be willing to try to share and help him out as best I can."

    I don't really like that quote. There on the same team, he shouldn't with hold information in hopes of beating him out for the starting position. Disclose all information, secrets, techniques and so on, then see who's more effective on the field. Let the best MAN win, not the most experienced.

  • Wallace, 31, said half-jokingly that he won't let McCoy in on all of his West Coast secrets.

    "Yeah, I can't disclose everything to him," he said. "I'm still trying to go out there and play for my position, you know? But I'm not going to hold everything back from him. If there's something he wants to know about the offense, I'd definitely be willing to try to share and help him out as best I can."

    I don't really like that quote. There on the same team, he shouldn't with hold information in hopes of beating him out for the starting position. Disclose all information, secrets, techniques and so on, then see who's more effective on the field. Let the best MAN win, not the most experienced.

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    I don't really like that quote. There on the same team, he shouldn't with hold information in hopes of beating him out for the starting position. Disclose all information, secrets, techniques and so on, then see who's more effective on the field. Let the best MAN win, not the most experienced.

    It also says that he said it "half-jokingly", which to me means he was joking about it. Especially since he also stated that if Colt had any questions for him, he would do whatever he can to help him out. Wallace is a professional and this reads very good to me. I love the competitiveness and the drive to be the starter. After 9 years of playing second fiddle, most guys would be simply trying to keep their roster spot...but he's still hopefull for the starting job! I am so glad he re-signed here! He is one of the best backup QB's in the NFL...And because he knows this offense so well, he could be our opening day starter. I don't think he will be but it is possible.

  • Wallace is a career backup QB. He is not the answer to this team, even if Colt falls on his sword.

  • Anyway you look at it...These our positives. No matter who of the 2 start. There might not be much of a drop off at first. 😁

  • Wallace is a career backup QB. He is not the answer to this team, even if Colt falls on his sword.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Wallace is a career backup QB. He is not the answer to this team, even if Colt falls on his sword.

    Well of course he's not the answer, but if Colt fails or gets injured he is the kind of backup you can feel comfortable starting instead of trying to find a FA replacement real quick. IF Colt fails this season Wallace can stand in for the rest of the season and play better ball than alot of starting QB's in this league and we can find our future Franchise QB in the draft... or even better Colt pans out and we have a very solid backup for the next 3 years.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Wallace is a career backup QB. He is not the answer to this team, even if Colt falls on his sword.

    Well of course he's not the answer, but if Colt fails or gets injured he is the kind of backup you can feel comfortable starting instead of trying to find a FA replacement real quick. IF Colt fails this season Wallace can stand in for the rest of the season and play better ball than alot of starting QB's in this league and we can find our future Franchise QB in the draft... or even better Colt pans out and we have a very solid backup for the next 3 years.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    Well of course he's not the answer, but if Colt fails or gets injured he is the kind of backup you can feel comfortable starting instead of trying to find a FA replacement real quick. IF Colt fails this season Wallace can stand in for the rest of the season and play better ball than alot of starting QB's in this league and we can find our future Franchise QB in the draft... or even better Colt pans out and we have a very solid backup for the next 3 years.

    This statement is dead on.

    Wallace doesn't get his due very often ... but the reality is he is a stud second string QB. I know that sounds like an oxy moron, but if you look at him for what he really is (a back up) you can't really ask for much more. He is good enough to keep you in games and occasionally have a gem, but not good enough to star a real QB controversy. And I doubt very much that he wasn't totally joking around about with holding tips/secrets/tricks of the WCO from Colt. He knows his role.

  • I don't read too much into his semi-controversial statement. It may have been made tounge in cheek. For alll we know the wiley journeyman might

    just be baiting the string reporters during the news drought of the work stoppage. Healthy competition is crucial in any event. Seneca needs to

    keep that chip on his shoulder. he still seems driven to get a starting job in the NFL which will not hurt Colt in his development.

  • I think the article is much ado about nothing...we didnt learn anything new here.

  • Don't forget, Jake Delhomme is still officially on this roster. If and when they begin play again that might not last at his current salary, but he is technically still here....and I suppose ready for duty if called on.

  • This is a recent article about Seneca Wallace.

    His attitude does not come across very well.

    What do you think?

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/06/fire_to_play_still_burns_for_c.html

    Thomaspro

    @thomaspro said:

    This is a recent article about Seneca Wallace.

    His attitude does not come across very well.

    What do you think?

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/06/fire_to_play_still_burns_for_c.html

    Thomaspro

    From how I read it he did not have a attitude but a desire to compete. Like he said just because the FO say McCoy is the man doesn't mean you don't keep the heat on to show what you can do. He knows in a long 16 game season with injuries a play away you have to be on your game to go in every Sunday. Glad we resigned him.