Skip to content

This is the only guy we need to draft

The Browns Board
24 13 2.2k
  • Very impressive!

    But is he this years Vernon Gholston or Chris Long????

  • Did anyone notice the ticker going by on the bottom of the screen about santonio holmes getting arrested. Just thought it was funny.

  • I'd take him if he's there and we are moving to the 4-3. I think he'll be a monster there.

    I've got this funny feeling about trying to convert him to olb in a 3-4, something deep inside just screams not going to be able to transition.

  • No thanks if we stay 3-4. He reminds me of Gholston -- shows up once or twice per game but is invisible the other 60 plays.

  • RAK Rules. he is high on the radar now. As we move closer to the draft, he'll further elevate because teams will salivate over his numbers.

    The thing that gets me going is his drive. NFL talent is one thing, but its the talented AND driven who really succeed.

    Out with the old RAC

    In with the new RAK.

  • Penn State's Aaron Maybin (#59) is the new hot 3-4 OLB prospect. Todd McShay has us drafting Maybin in his latest mock draft (he has Seattle taking Curry at pick #4).

    Though only a rSoph, a great bowl game could lead to Maybin declaring for the draft. He's definitely somebody to watch tomorrow.

  • Well I like this guy to but there is a concern about him watch the video

    was that a hyperextension did his knee buckle?

    Texas Tech vs. Texas 2008: Orakpo Held?

  • This is the BEST DEFENSE PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, He could easily become the best Defense End in Football and with his speed and size he easliy could be an OLB.

  • Penn State's Aaron Maybin (#59) is the new hot 3-4 OLB prospect. Todd McShay has us drafting Maybin in his latest mock draft (he has Seattle taking Curry at pick #4).

    Though only a rSoph, a great bowl game could lead to Maybin declaring for the draft. He's definitely somebody to watch tomorrow.

    Aloysius said:

    Penn State's Aaron Maybin (#59) is the new hot 3-4 OLB prospect. Todd McShay has us drafting Maybin in his latest mock draft (he has Seattle taking Curry at pick #4).

    Though only a rSoph, a great bowl game could lead to Maybin declaring for the draft. He's definitely somebody to watch tomorrow.

    Alo - I would be a Maybin pimp, but maybe only for next season. The kid IS good - really good, considering that the only reason he started was because of Evans demotion after his run-in. He is built like Jason Taylor and plays like him - very quick off the edge, a good rusher as well as a good tackler. As far as the PERSON, he is an absolute great kid and a humble kid. Came from a motherless home as his mother passed soon after delivering a still-born baby, who was revived and is now Maybin's little sister - he was six at the time.

    That said, I am not 100 percent sold on Maybin at #5 - I think he is a definite first rounder, just not #5. But if he goes and has a bowl game spectacular, it can only solidify his intentions to possible go pro. I am hoping he does not, as Evans and Odrick have filed their paperwork with the NFL as well. That would be an enormous blow to PSU next year after losing their entire starting secondary as well.

  • I actually haven't seen much of Maybin this year, though I was impressed by the little that I did see.

    And I agree with you that he should stay in school. Physically, I think he could use another year developing his body before going up againt NFL OT's. As you said, he's Jason Taylor slender right now - 6'4", 242 lbs. Adding another 10-15 pounds of muscle to his frame would help him immensely once he gets to the next level.

    Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to watching him play tomorrow. Should be a very fun game to watch.

  • Today's NFL DraftDog has the Browns taking RAK.

    http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Drafts/200..._mock_draft.htm

    2009 NFL Mock Draft

    Team Pos Player Comments:

    • 1 QB Matt Stafford, Georgia (JR) Stafford is one of the top QBs in the nation, he doesn't throw on the run very good, but has a cannon for an arm while in the pocket.
    • 2 OT, Michael Oher, Ole Miss Oher (6' 6" 320 lbs) has all the tools to be a pro bowl tackle. He slides very well, finishes his blocks and has a nice punch.
    • 3 QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (Soph) The Chiefs can't really think Tyler Thigpen is the long term answer at QB. They will target defensive end, wide receiver and offensive tackle later in the draft,
    • 4 WR, Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech (Soph)
    • The top receiver in the nation is a draft eligible sophomore. He won his second straight Biletnikoff Award. Crabtree caught 18 touchdown passes and had 93 receptions for 1,135 yards in 2008.
    • 5 DE/OLB, Brian Orakpo, Texas A pass rushing specialist and at 6' 4" 258 could also play some linebacker. Orakpo won the 2008 Bronco Nagurski Award.
    • 6 LB, Aaron Curry, Wake Forest Curry is just flying up the draft boards. He is a very explosive, talented linebacker with nice size (6' 3" 247 lbs). Winner of the 2008 Butkis Award.
    • 7 OT, Andre Smith, Alabama (JR) Smith is huge at 6' 4" 330 pounds. He won the 2008 Outland Trophy. Smith reminds me of the Cowboy's offensive right guard Leonard Davis.
    • 8 LB, Rey Maualuga, USC Maualuga (6' 2" 260 lbs) battled injuries this year, but when healthy he is as good as it gets. Winner of the 2008 Bednarik Award.
    • 9 OT, Jason Smith, Baylor Smith is a super talented offensive lineman and can move in and start right away at left tackle. Smith has the best feet of all the O-linemen in this draft.
    • 10 CB, Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State I was surprised Jenkins didn't enter the 2008 NFL Draft, where he would have been a top 20 selection. Jenkins won the 2008 Jim Thorpe Award.
  • Don't let Alo see this. He may go on a rampage if the Bengals end up with Curry. 😉

  • I may end up becoming a Bengals fan 😉

  • I'm a Texas alum and LOVE RAK....but...I am not optimistic he'll transition to a 3-4 OLB. I don't have any particular reason. I've just seen so much of him and so little of Gholston...I'm not sure whether he wouldn't do the same.

    Great kid.

  • If we indeed stick to the 3-4 then I can't possibly seeing this guy having a BIG impact or switching to a linebacker. Our linebacking unit is SLOW and are POOR tacklers. We need a HARD HITTING linebacker and SURE tackler such as Rey Mauluga.

  • If we indeed stick to the 3-4 then I can't possibly seeing this guy having a BIG impact or switching to a linebacker. Our linebacking unit is SLOW and are POOR tacklers. We need a HARD HITTING linebacker and SURE tackler such as Rey Mauluga.

    @beaver said:

    If we indeed stick to the 3-4 then I can't possibly seeing this guy having a BIG impact or switching to a linebacker. Our linebacking core is SLOW and are POOR tacklers. We need a HARD HITTINGlinebacker and SURE tackler such as Rey Mauluga.

    Not Rey. He is not a sure tackler at all, nor a game changer.

    Those that watched the Rose Bowl got to witness it.

  • We'll see how Brian does Monday in the Fiesta bowl.

  • BRING RAK TO CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAK=MONSTER=ROY=BROWNS WIN MORE THAN 4 GAMES

    RAK Fan club is now open

  • Did anyone watch Mike Oher in his bowl game? That was a clinic. Unbelievable. He won't be there at #5, but WOW.