Jt Gets Some Credit For Good Work On The Line
-
-
I remember during the 2006 college football season when everyone was saying that the Browns needed to get Adrian Peterson or a QB. I was the only person I knew who said that they should get Thomas. He was a stud then and I had a feeling that he would be something special. CFfL
**********************************************************************
El Wrongo - I think Zombo and I started Camp Thomas....
Several of us probably did. It was an excellent pick, and years overdue.
I think it was Rich who insisted that football was invented to be played
without offensive linemen.... @@
-
I remember during the 2006 college football season when everyone was saying that the Browns needed to get Adrian Peterson or a QB. I was the only person I knew who said that they should get Thomas. He was a stud then and I had a feeling that he would be something special. CFfL
**********************************************************************
El Wrongo - I think Zombo and I started Camp Thomas....
Several of us probably did. It was an excellent pick, and years overdue.
I think it was Rich who insisted that football was invented to be played
without offensive linemen.... @@
I remember during the 2006 college football season when everyone was saying that the Browns needed to get Adrian Peterson or a QB. I was the only person I knew who said that they should get Thomas. He was a stud then and I had a feeling that he would be something special. CFfL
**********************************************************************
El Wrongo - I think Zombo and I started Camp Thomas....
Several of us probably did. It was an excellent pick, and years overdue.
I think it was Rich who insisted that football was invented to be played
without offensive linemen.... @@
Rich probably prefers soccer...or ice dancing.

I note here that it has been stated by Howie, originator of this thread, that the reason he became attracted to "American football" over even rugby is because it allows for blocking. Rugby doesn't. And who is gonna block of you don't have O linemen?
-
Who was it that said that "the game is about blocking and tackling"? None other than Vince Lombardi.
See this photo of the famous "Seven Blocks of Granite" of Fordham University. Identify the guy wearing #40:

I have a feeling that guy knew what he was talking about.
-
I remember during the 2006 college football season when everyone was saying that the Browns needed to get Adrian Peterson or a QB. I was the only person I knew who said that they should get Thomas. He was a stud then and I had a feeling that he would be something special. CFfL
**********************************************************************
El Wrongo - I think Zombo and I started Camp Thomas....
Several of us probably did. It was an excellent pick, and years overdue.
I think it was Rich who insisted that football was invented to be played
without offensive linemen.... @@
Rich probably prefers soccer...or ice dancing.

I note here that it has been stated by Howie, originator of this thread, that the reason he became attracted to "American football" over even rugby is because it allows for blocking. Rugby doesn't. And who is gonna block of you don't have O linemen?
Rich probably prefers soccer...or ice dancing.

I note here that it has been stated by Howie, originator of this thread, that the reason he became attracted to "American football" over even rugby is because it allows for blocking. Rugby doesn't. And who is gonna block of you don't have O linemen?
You are absolutely right. I love rugby but you can't throw blocks to aid the guy with the ball in open play. That's what I loved the first time I watched football. I love the way that JT can often be seen shedding a guy on a running play and throw blocks in 10 20 yards out from the line of scrimmage. He's often the first to high five the scorer in the end zone. If hated Allen can say he hates coming up against JT you know you have a beady at LT. I hope JT is a brown for hid entire caterer. Especially when we win the superbowl on the fiftieth anniversary of our last championship. You heard it here. I had a vision lady night! H.
-
Damn iPhone predictive text!
-
Damn iPhone predictive text!
Blame the iPhone? More like the Jack Daniels, or the Glenfiddich!
-
Although my credits don't reflect it, I've been a member of this board since around 2005.
I was one of those who kept suggesting that the Browns draft Thomas... I was one of the charter members of the Joe Thomas camp..
It may have been the only time I was correct on this board (just kidding of course)..
Peace
T.Dawg
-
-
Although my credits don't reflect it, I've been a member of this board since around 2005.
I was one of those who kept suggesting that the Browns draft Thomas... I was one of the charter members of the Joe Thomas camp..
It may have been the only time I was correct on this board (just kidding of course)..
Peace
T.Dawg
*****************
Oh, NOW I remember you were ! (been working on the farm too strenuously)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login