Rey Maualuga
-
-
-
I think that video speaks volumes about Maualuga's character. He should not even be on our board when we draft. Again, we need players who smart and tough with character and a good work ethic...not some immature malcontent who will suddenly find themself with a shit load of money in which to get into trouble.
-
I'm sure Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Walter Payton, Marvin Harrison and Tom Brady would have acted exactly like that after a blowout win at age 22.
Maualuga's a toddler. Gerard Warren was one too. Who cares how talented you are if you're a complete moron.
Curry is a professional. Mays is a professional. Let's stick with those.
-
He danced for 10 seconds behind a hot sideline reporter.
If we want to throw out HOF players as a comparison, all I have to say is Lawerence Taylor. Shit he was snorting coke while playing.
Rey might be a moron, but I am not going to read into 10 seconds of dancing to pass judgement on the guy.
-
He danced for 10 seconds behind a hot sideline reporter.
If we want to throw out HOF players as a comparison, all I have to say is Lawerence Taylor. Shit he was snorting coke while playing.
Rey might be a moron, but I am not going to read into 10 seconds of dancing to pass judgement on the guy.
Masters said:
If we want to throw out HOF players as a comparison, all I have to say is Lawerence Taylor.If Maualuga had even a modicum of Taylor's talent or playmaking ability, I wouldn't be making a big deal of this either.
I maintain Maualuga appears to be nothing more than a slightly above-average talent with the emotional makeup of a toddler.
-
Masters said:
If we want to throw out HOF players as a comparison, all I have to say is Lawerence Taylor.If Maualuga had even a modicum of Taylor's talent or playmaking ability, I wouldn't be making a big deal of this either.
I maintain Maualuga appears to be nothing more than a slightly above-average talent with the emotional makeup of a toddler.
mz. said:
I maintain Maualuga appears to be nothing more than a slightly above-average talent .This part I agree 100% with you on.
I just can't judge a guy I have never met, who hasn't had any real trouble in quite some time. Unless you have met the kid, I don't think it's fair or even possible to judge who he is as a person.
-
But if you gauge Maualuga to be slightly above-average, why would he be in the conversation at #5 with guys like Mays and Curry probably on the board?
The him-acting-like-a-Retard-on-TV is just the icing on the cake for me. I don't need to meet him to know he's immature. Just look at how he acts.
-
But if you gauge Maualuga to be slightly above-average, why would he be in the conversation at #5 with guys like Mays and Curry probably on the board?
The him-acting-like-a-Retard-on-TV is just the icing on the cake for me. I don't need to meet him to know he's immature. Just look at how he acts.
mz. said:
But if you gauge Maualuga to be slightly above-average, why would he be in the conversation at #5 with guys like Mays and Curry probably on the board?The him-acting-like-a-Retard-on-TV is just the icing on the cake for me. I don't need to meet him to know he's immature. Just look at how he acts.
I have said since the OSU/USC game that I don't think he is the best LB on his team, let alone the country. I wouldn't take him anywhere in the first round. I don't think he should be in the conversation.
What else on how he acts do you have, besides that little dance at the end of the Rose Bowl? I haven't seen anything.
-
I really like Maualauga as a football player, but the YouTube of him and Andrews is just flat-out disappointing. Any way you slice it that's immaturity, people.
I want football players that care about football, not ones who wear a thong over their uniform in practice (Rey), not ones who have assaulted other human beings (Rey again), and especially not ones who perform a suggestive dance behind a hot sideline reporter while in full view of fans at the Rose Bowl (Rey for the hat trick).
If you can't find other players at #5 to help this Browns team, then we're wasting our time anyway. Let him play for Oakland or Dallas. They like attention whores.
-
Look, for those of you arguing that these things are just "Rey being Rey" or "Rey having fun" or "Rey's a beast on the field so who cares about those other things?" what would you say if he was doing those things wearing Seal and Orange?
Wait a minute. That's exactly what you'll be saying later if we draft him.
So it's good you're practicing now.
No thanks to this stuff. We simply cannot afford another miss in the top 5. We need the best, SAFEST pick we can get.
Curry is that guy, by all accounts. Let someone else's fanbase enable Rey. Pass.
-
I agree, Juki.
Btw, someone turned Rey's latest antics into an animated GIF:

If anyone wants to use it as their avatar, here's the URL:
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff359/OneToughGame/ReydancemadebyOTG.gif
-
I might want to throw that next to my rey pic in my sig, I thought it was funny, he was just joking around, plus the reporter laughed. Its not like she slapped him afterwards
-
This defense needs a personality. It needs a focal point. Like a Ray Lewis. Teammates like and respect guys like this.
I think Maualuga has that kind of potential. I could be wrong.
I'm not wrong about this being hilarious, though.
mz. said:
This defense needs a personality. It needs a focal point. Like a Ray Lewis. Teammates like and respect guys like this.I think Maualuga has that kind of potential. I could be wrong.
I'm not wrong about this being hilarious, though.
Now that is some funny stuff
-
I might want to throw that next to my rey pic in my sig, I thought it was funny, he was just joking around, plus the reporter laughed. Its not like she slapped him afterwards
I might want to throw that next to my rey pic in my sig, I thought it was funny, he was just joking around, plus the reporter laughed. Its not like she slapped him afterwards
FWIW, I'm guessing her laugh was more of the "WTF just happened?" variety. And Maualuga later apologized to Andrews, who hasn't publicly commented on what happened.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
