Skip to content

Rey Maualuga

The Browns Board
88 17 5.3k
  • Let's put this into perspective.

    Maualuga is a terror at MLB. He has matured greatly. He has been compared to Troy PollyMoomoo, only 40 lbs heavier.

    He has matured, so has Polly.

    figure this:

    The type of player the Steelers draft:

    Polly doesn't do stupid stuff like that anymore. At least, I don't think so. He sucks because he's a squeeler surrounded by idiots..

    although, years later he got his payback:

    but watch these interviews to get a better idea of who Maualuga is now:

    (just figure out at the combine interviews to try? to figure he will be a character player)

    Fili Moala interview (he also talks about Rey)

    Rey Maualuga interviews

    @calfoxwc said:

    Fili Moala interview (he also talks about Rey)

    Fili's got his own character issues (arrested March of last year for obstructing an officer & resisting arrest).

  • Yes, Al. But I wasn't suggesting Fili would be a good draft pick,

    I was showing that Rey made the calls, etc, had leadership, etc, per Fili Moala's appraisal.

    It helps give a different look to Rey. That's all.

  • As I have said before and was mentioned again...he comes out on most 3rd down plays.

    Third down is when I want my players to shine.....not be put on the bench.

    Add in character concerns and he is a guy I pass.

    If we trade down, I doubt it is because he is the target unless we are going to the bottom of the round.

    Rey presents value about pick 25. Before that he is a reach.

  • As I have said before and was mentioned again...he comes out on most 3rd down plays.

    Third down is when I want my players to shine.....not be put on the bench.

    Add in character concerns and he is a guy I pass.

    If we trade down, I doubt it is because he is the target unless we are going to the bottom of the round.

    Rey presents value about pick 25. Before that he is a reach.

    @ballpeen said:

    As I have said before and was mentioned again...he comes out on most 3rd down plays.

    Third down is when I want my players to shine.....not be put on the bench.

    Add in character concerns and he is a guy I pass.

    If we trade down, I doubt it is because he is the target unless we are going to the bottom of the round.

    Rey presents value about pick 25. Before that he is a reach.

    God forbid you may be wrong.....BUT As I state...he will be a 3 down Linebacker. wagerinng is pretty stupid at this point but Rey doesn't come out on third down....just ridiculous! and not true!

  • @ballpeen said:

    As I have said before and was mentioned again...he comes out on most 3rd down plays.

    Third down is when I want my players to shine.....not be put on the bench.

    Add in character concerns and he is a guy I pass.

    If we trade down, I doubt it is because he is the target unless we are going to the bottom of the round.

    Rey presents value about pick 25. Before that he is a reach.

    God forbid you may be wrong.....BUT As I state...he will be a 3 down Linebacker. wagerinng is pretty stupid at this point but Rey doesn't come out on third down....just ridiculous! and not true!

    @solon16 said:

    BUT As I state...he will be a 3 down Linebacker.

    Well you should have your own column on profootballtalk.com then. What are you wasting your time here with us for?

  • @solon16 said:

    BUT As I state...he will be a 3 down Linebacker.

    Well you should have your own column on profootballtalk.com then. What are you wasting your time here with us for?

    mz. said:

    Well you should have your own column on profootballtalk.com then. What are you wasting your time here with us for?

    Just a complete difference of opinion is all! The arguement for not taking Rey M. is cause he will be a 2 down linebacker??? Come on.... Heck...guys told me last year and the year before the same thing about Mayo and Willis and before that Demeco ryans. Same arguements year in and out and still wrong. We have needed a stud MLB and have for the 40 years I've been alive. We need an Identity on this Defense and It always starts at LB!

  • mz. said:

    Well you should have your own column on profootballtalk.com then. What are you wasting your time here with us for?

    Just a complete difference of opinion is all! The arguement for not taking Rey M. is cause he will be a 2 down linebacker??? Come on.... Heck...guys told me last year and the year before the same thing about Mayo and Willis and before that Demeco ryans. Same arguements year in and out and still wrong. We have needed a stud MLB and have for the 40 years I've been alive. We need an Identity on this Defense and It always starts at LB!

    @solon16 said:

    The arguement for not taking Rey M. is cause he will be a 2 down linebacker??? Come on....

    Yes. By far the best argument so far.

    @solon16 said:

    Heck...guys told me last year and the year before the same thing about Mayo and Willis and before that Demeco ryans.

    Who were those guys...

  • toooooo much effort to go back years and look , sorry 😵

  • Those who didn't like Mayo actually did so for completely different reasons: they felt he was more of an athletic Tampa 2 ILB than a 3-4 ILB.

    So the comparison to Maualuga doesn't make much sense.

  • Those who didn't like Mayo actually did so for completely different reasons: they felt he was more of an athletic Tampa 2 ILB than a 3-4 ILB.

    So the comparison to Maualuga doesn't make much sense.

    Aloysius said:

    Those who didn't like Mayo actually did so for completely different reasons: they felt he was more of an athletic Tampa 2 ILB than a 3-4 ILB.

    So the comparison to Maualuga doesn't make much sense.

    Hmmm I thought Mayo plays ILB in a 3~4 in NE........I'm sure i'm wrong!

  • Okay...the point being that Mayo's coverage abilities weren't questioned during the draft process. Maualuga's, on the other hand, are questioned by scouts, and his reportedly not planning on going through LB drills at the Combine won't do anything to allay those concerns.

  • By the way, the same guy who said that Mayo was a Tampa 2 ILB also said that Jason Jones wouldn't play 3-4 OLB (he now plays DE-DT for the Titans) and that Bruce Davis would be limited to WOLB when some here wanted to bring him in to play SOLB (based on what I saw during the preseason, Davis may not even be strong enough to play the weakside).

    So that person gets a lot of credit for getting 2/3 projections right.

  • Okay...the point being that Mayo's coverage abilities weren't questioned during the draft process. Maualuga's, on the other hand, are questioned by scouts, and his reportedly not planning on going through LB drills at the Combine won't do anything to allay those concerns.

    Aloysius said:

    Okay...the point being that Mayo's coverage abilities weren't questioned during the draft process. Maualuga's, on the other hand, are questioned by scouts, and his reportedly not planning on going through LB drills at the Combine won't do anything to allay those concerns.

    OK I thought the comparison didn't make sense....I loved Mayo last year and Willis the year before and ryans the year before that...I hate that Rey is rumored not to be involved in LB drills as well...but I saw and interview with him on how he got super nervous before the senior bowl practice and untill he got settled in by second day , he felt like he was having out of body experience...I hope he changes his mind! He seemed to have alot of INT's for a Mlb and a guy who can't cover.

  • toooooo much effort to go back years and look , sorry 😵

    @solon16 said:

    toooooo much effort to go back years and look , sorry 😵

    Next you're going to tell Congress you can't speak English.

  • @solon16 said:

    toooooo much effort to go back years and look , sorry 😵

    Next you're going to tell Congress you can't speak English.

    mz. said:

    Next you're going to tell Congress you can't speak English.

    ?????????????????????????????????????????????

    don't have the time bro.

  • I don't think the archive goes back that far. And even if it did, it probably got deleted when the new message board was installed.

  • What the Browns need in Rey is at the 1 minute 13 second mark against AZ. That's what I want the Browns to be Indentified with!

  • What the Browns need in Rey is at the 1 minute 13 second mark against AZ. That's what I want the Browns to be Indentified with!

    @solon16 said:

    What the Browns need in Rey is at the 1 minute 13 second mark against AZ. That's what I want the Browns to be Indentified with!

    I agree with you completely

  • I like Maualuga and would love his toughness in the middle. Imagine if Beau Bell ever pans out!