Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Who Did We Draft Again?

Who Did We Draft Again?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
19 Posts 11 Posters 1.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 1k Posts
    • 80 Reputation
    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #1

    July is upon us and i've never felt so disconnected to this team as i do now. i've forgotten most of the players except McCoy, Thomas, Cribbs, Haden and Pontbriand. i've never heard of the Head Coach, but i think his name is Shurmer. At this point, my only real interest in the team is that the organization is holding my season ticket dollars with both fists. The only way they'll let go is to get a better grip. They've got me by my dobble dobbles.

    Who did we draft again?

    Riffer XR 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • R roach

      July is upon us and i've never felt so disconnected to this team as i do now. i've forgotten most of the players except McCoy, Thomas, Cribbs, Haden and Pontbriand. i've never heard of the Head Coach, but i think his name is Shurmer. At this point, my only real interest in the team is that the organization is holding my season ticket dollars with both fists. The only way they'll let go is to get a better grip. They've got me by my dobble dobbles.

      Who did we draft again?

      Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 3k Posts
      • 127 Reputation
      Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @roach said:

      July is upon us and i've never felt so disconnected to this team as i do now. i've forgotten most of the players except McCoy, Thomas, Cribbs, Haden and Pontbriand. i've never heard of the Head Coach, but i think his name is Shurmer. At this point, my only real interest in the team is that the organization is holding my season ticket dollars with both fists. The only way they'll let go is to get a better grip. They've got me by my dobble dobbles.

      Who did we draft again?

      I have been thinking the same thing, Ed. It's like the Browns are a way far off entity from years gone past. It almost feels like the move all over.

      Is a pig's ass pork?
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • jnuh J
        • 402 Posts
        • 27 Reputation
        J jnuh wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Well ...

        In the first round we drafted Phil Taylor who isn't very sexy but fills a huge hole (literally)

        In the second round we drafted a somewhat undersized defensive end Jabaal Sheard and a WR who didn't play at all last year

        In the third round .... we drafted no one because we delt our pick

        In the fourth round we drafted a power forward/tight end named Jordan Cameron who caught an eye popping 16 balls in his college career yet is clearly a pass catching TE and we drafted a fullback named Owen Marecic to essentially replace L. Vickers.

        In the fifth round We grabbed Buster Skrine who is a fast SOB and a OL with a second round grade in Jason Pinkston from Pittsburgh (same school as Sheerd)

        In the sixth we went the route as the third round

        In the seventh Eric Hagg who seems to be a pretty decent crapshoot.

        I threw some obvious jokes in there ... To be honest Little in my opinion is the steal of this draft. Sheard I do have mixed feelings about, but he is a Brown at the end of the day and I would love to see him pan out. Jordan Cameron is a dope athlete ... I just think he has a very similar skill set as Evan Moore. My biggest problem with that is this ... did we piss a way a pick in round 4 on a guy who isn't going to make the team?? It is hard for me to imagine us carrying 4 TE's on the team. Watson is a sure thing. I would think we need one blocking TE which would mean either Moore or Cameron are as good as gone. Personally I am an Evan Moore fan. Hopefully he sticks around. Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me. I really wanted Casey Matthews there.

        I also like what I have read about Buster Skrine ... but I haven't seen a helluva lot of him so I can not really make a fair judgement of him yet.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • choco chocoC
          • 4k Posts
          • 352 Reputation
          chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Moore has health issues....ie he's rarely healthy. Still a risky pick I agree...but u never have any payouts unless u take a chance or 2.

          That chance crashed and burned in hardestys first season, but u can't win em all. Seems to me they have been taking chances on great athletes that are raw and need to grow into the game. Which is fine by me....that's building for the long haul. Even if half these guys pan out, we have a good core in 2-3 years

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Nw220 N
            • 1k Posts
            • 27 Reputation
            N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            All i can hope is that jordan Cameron is this years jimmy Graham..

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • slowburn slowburnS
              • 2k Posts
              • 116 Reputation
              slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Effinn labor disruption has depleted any optimism and enthusiasm normally associated with this time of year. Could be time to get my college football jones geared up.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                • 3k Posts
                • 241 Reputation
                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I actually like all of our draft picks. Taylor should form a great pair with Rubin to plug up all the middle lanes, Sheard should add a serious pass rushing threat off the edge, Little has alot of potential at WR and I like how he tries to hit people, Cameron has the highest ceiling out of any TE in this draft and already has great Red Zone ability (no chance this guy doesn't make the final roster after the preseason, they drafted him to be a project so they will keep him on the roster and Moore who is far less athletically gifted has not had one full healthy NFL season, plus the Browns have carriered 4 TE's all the time, we still have Alex Smith on the roster). Marecic should be a great FB/special teams guy, Skrine has a high ceiling (4 different DB coaches in 4 years and still had 5 INT's in his 4 year in college) plus is crack cocaine fast, Pinkerson he the ability to be a future starter at either guard or tackle and Hagg can play in sub packages right off the bat and has a chance to be the future FS, plus even though he isn't fast when he got the chance to return his only punt in college he took it in for a TD.

                Ruining threads since 1897.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 241 Reputation
                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                  #8



                  Has highlights for all 8 draft picks to get everyone excited again.
                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                  slowburnS 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Obviously this was meant as a rhetorical question because there has been so little buzz about the Browns and the NFL in general because of the labor dispute. That said, here is a draft for you:

                    guinness-draft1.jpg

                    Enjoy!

                    R miktoxicM 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • The GipperT The Gipper

                      Obviously this was meant as a rhetorical question because there has been so little buzz about the Browns and the NFL in general because of the labor dispute. That said, here is a draft for you:

                      guinness-draft1.jpg

                      Enjoy!

                      roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 80 Reputation
                      R roach wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @the-gipper said:

                      Obviously this was meant as a rhetorical question because there has been so little buzz about the Browns and the NFL in general because of the labor dispute. That said, here is a draft for you:

                      guinness-draft1.jpg

                      Enjoy!

                      You're right. And, thanks, i needed that.

                      slowburnS 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo



                        Has highlights for all 8 draft picks to get everyone excited again.
                        slowburn slowburnS
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 116 Reputation
                        slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Hillis-iz-Boss said:

                        Has highlights for all 8 draft picks to get everyone excited again.

                        nice

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • R roach

                          @the-gipper said:

                          Obviously this was meant as a rhetorical question because there has been so little buzz about the Browns and the NFL in general because of the labor dispute. That said, here is a draft for you:

                          guinness-draft1.jpg

                          Enjoy!

                          You're right. And, thanks, i needed that.

                          slowburn slowburnS
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 116 Reputation
                          slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @roach said:

                          You're right. And, thanks, i needed that.

                          wHAT'S that pagan symbol doing in the frothy head?

                          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 9k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I know what you mean man.

                            I am a planner....I like to plan trips.

                            I think I know when I am going to go , but until I know for sure there is going to be a dance, I am not going to put on the tux.

                            If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                            HowieDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • The GipperT The Gipper

                              Obviously this was meant as a rhetorical question because there has been so little buzz about the Browns and the NFL in general because of the labor dispute. That said, here is a draft for you:

                              guinness-draft1.jpg

                              Enjoy!

                              miktoxic miktoxicM
                              • 13k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @the-gipper said:

                              Obviously this was meant as a rhetorical question because there has been so little buzz about the Browns and the NFL in general because of the labor dispute. That said, here is a draft for you:

                              guinness-draft1.jpg

                              Enjoy!

                              yummy!! this is soooo sexy we should probably move it to the hot cheerleaders thread. 😛

                              no just kidding. but i'll move this paddy girl there:

                              09alisonpreston19.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • slowburnS slowburn

                                @roach said:

                                You're right. And, thanks, i needed that.

                                wHAT'S that pagan symbol doing in the frothy head?

                                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                • 57k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @slowburn said:

                                wHAT'S that pagan symbol doing in the frothy head?

                                What do you mean? Can't you see the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost in that image?

                                Ya feckin' heathen. I have a few words to say about you!:

                                1. You're as thick as manure but only half as useful

                                2. You have a face that would drive rats from a barn

                                3. You are seed, breed and spawn of an English whore

                                4. I never forget an Irish face but in your case I'll make an exception

                                5. May you melt off the earth like snow off the ditch.

                                6. May your pipe never smoke, may your teapot be broke

                                7. May your spade never dig may your sow never pig

                                8. May the cat eat you and the devil eat the cat

                                9.When you were born you were so ugly the nurse slapped your mother

                                10. You're as sharp as a beachball

                                Hope you have a lovely day 😆

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                  I know what you mean man.

                                  I am a planner....I like to plan trips.

                                  I think I know when I am going to go , but until I know for sure there is going to be a dance, I am not going to put on the tux.

                                  HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                                  • 664 Posts
                                  • 59 Reputation
                                  HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @ballpeen said:

                                  I know what you mean man.

                                  I am a planner....I like to plan trips.

                                  I think I know when I am going to go , but until I know for sure there is going to be a dance, I am not going to put on the tux.

                                  That's just how me and the G man feel Peen. We have never left it this late to book our trip. I'm hoping that we should be OK come November but it would be nice to know for sure.

                                  I have felt this to be the worst off season I can remember post expansion. I have filled my time reading Browns history books to keep my football addiction under control - problem is the more I read about the history of the team and what those guys did in the 50s and 60s the more pissed off I'm getting that today's greedy bastards on both sides can't get football back for us suckers who pay their god damned wages.

                                  I might see if I can get me one of those hot tub time machines and go back to 64 and watch some real men playing football.

                                  Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 9k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    I can only imagine.

                                    Y'all just need to come on anyway.

                                    If there are no games, I'll make the trip to Cleveland for the weekend.

                                    We'll twist Ed, Don's and Stan's arms and tailgate anyway. Maybe recruit a few of the homeless people who will be wandering the empty parking lot and get up a flag football game.

                                    If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                                      • 664 Posts
                                      • 59 Reputation
                                      HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Yeah, I think that well come anyway. Not sure about flag football on that surface though!

                                      Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 9k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Any surface for that matter.

                                        No need to worry mate....I have a feeling this will be the week we get some real news.

                                        While the deal might not be done in full, I think it will in principal, allowing the lockout to be lifted by Thursday and FA to begin on Friday.

                                        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Theme
                                        • System
                                        • Light
                                        • Dark
                                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Forums
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Donate