Top Ten Rookie Seasons Of All-Time
-
NFL Total Access takes a look at the top ten rookie seasons of all-time.
10.NOAMUKONG SUH (2010)
9.RONNIE LOTT (1981)
8.ADRIAN PETERSON (2007)
7.JEVON KEARSE (1999)
6.EDGERRIN JAMES (1999)
5.GALE SAYERS (1965)
4.RANDY MOSS (1998)
3.LAWRENCE TAYLOR (1981)
2.DICK "NIGHT TRAIN" LANE (1952)
1.ERIC DICKERSON (1983)
Video:
-
Thanks
How do you pronounce your name??
-
Not to discount those 10 mentioned, but here are a couple of others that should warrant consideration:
Earl Campbell had 302 carries for 1450 yards and 13 TDs his rookie year (note: he only had about 100 yards less than Edg. James....but Campbell's rookie year was when they were still just playing 14 game seasons. James's was in a 16 game season)
Also Barry Sanders had 280 carries for 1450 yards and 14 TDs.
On a Browns note, I think you have to look at the rookie season Anthony Henry had. I believe his 10 interceptions in his rookie season is still a Browns record for interceptions in a season. (I checked, it is, tied with Thom Darden's 10 in 1978 and Tony Collela's 10 in 1946). But none of those were those players rookie season.
Of course, you do have to give it up to Dick Night Train Lane in this category. He still hold the record alone for ints. in a season with 14 his rookie year in 1952...in only 12 games.
-
Didn't Donovan McNabb come in second in MVP votes his rookie season? How is that not on their?
-
Didn't Donovan McNabb come in second in MVP votes his rookie season? How is that not on their?
Didn't Donovan McNabb come in second in MVP votes his rookie season? How is that not on their?
No...he wasn't very good his rookie year either. I think it took him like 8 games til he threw a TD pass.
-
Didn't Donovan McNabb come in second in MVP votes his rookie season? How is that not on their?
No...he wasn't very good his rookie year either. I think it took him like 8 games til he threw a TD pass.
No...he wasn't very good his rookie year either. I think it took him like 8 games til he threw a TD pass.
I thought it was his rookie year. Maybe it was his second season.
-
No...he wasn't very good his rookie year either. I think it took him like 8 games til he threw a TD pass.
I thought it was his rookie year. Maybe it was his second season.
I thought it was his rookie year. Maybe it was his second season.
Just found it on WIKI...2nd season he was 2nd in MVP voting. 1st TD thrown was 21 November 1999 in a loss to the Colts (44-17).
-
Kinda hard to do OL, but I wonder where like Alex Mack, Joe Thomas, and Jake Long would kind of all rank if they had one for OL.
-
Joe Thomas would rank higher than either of the other two. His rookie year was about as good as you could get from an OL. Mack and Long weren't bad, but they just weren't JT.
-
Let's trade for Jake Long and put him at right tackle. I'm tired of people comparing JT with him.
Before anyone gets their buttholes in a bunch... obviously, I'm not being serious
-
Let's trade for Jake Long and put him at right tackle. I'm tired of people comparing JT with him.
Before anyone gets their buttholes in a bunch... obviously, I'm not being serious
Let's trade for Jake Long and put him at right tackle. I'm tired of people comparing JT with him.
Before anyone gets their buttholes in a bunch... obviously, I'm not being serious
It'd be great if we could pull that off though! We'd totally have the best O-line in the league!
-
-
-
I believe it would be pronounced "Win" Vance. Or maybe Nwin.
Nugen as inn Ted Nugent-
it's only the most common surname in Indochina.....Vietnam and Phillipine Islands (PI)
get with it
-
I believe it would be pronounced "Win" Vance. Or maybe Nwin.
Nugen as inn Ted Nugent-
it's only the most common surname in Indochina.....Vietnam and Phillipine Islands (PI)
get with it
Nugen as inn Ted Nugent-
it's only the most common surname in Indochina.....Vietnam and Phillipine Islands (PI)
get with it
No, I have never heard it pronounced that way by a native.
Remember Dat Nguyen. Pronounced N-win.
Or Nguyen Van Thieu, President of S. Vietname when were fighting over there? Pronounce "N-win van tyoo"
-
It's Nwin.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
