Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. New Guest Here. Help Please.

New Guest Here. Help Please.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
41 Posts 13 Posters 2.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • huck1974 H
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    H huck1974 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    It looks like all of us fans can get back to football soon. I am optimistic enough that I have booked a room downtown and purchased tickets.

    I'm a Dolphins fan. We visit a new city every year and enjoy the game and the hospitality the community has to offer. I can't wait to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and anything else you could point me towards. Please point me towards a can't miss really nice restaurant downtown. Any other suggestions on our stay would be appreciated. Wish you the best of luck this year.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK DieHardBrownsFanD 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • miktoxic miktoxicM
      • 13k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
      #2

      how long will you get to stay and when? a lot of attractions outside of cleveland are seasonal.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • alporcini alporciniA Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 481 Posts
        • 161 Reputation
        alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
        #3

        and don't forget to check out if the Tribe are in town... several years ago I did the Browns-Bengals in the afternoon... the Indians-White Sox that evening as the second half of my day/night doubleheader

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • HowieDawg HowieDawgH
          • 664 Posts
          • 59 Reputation
          HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I believe the roast Dolphin in the Dawgpound is delicious. 🙂

          I am also an out of Towner (but not a phins fan!), the winking lizard is always a great casual place for big beer selection and good bar food but the poshest meal o have ever had was at the chophouse restaurant mid way up west 6th. Pricey but very nice steaks and the most incredible onion rings I have ever had. Cute waitresses too.

          Flannerys is a good fun pub to go too also. They even let me hurl abuse at a steelers fan there last year without being thrown out.

          Have fun.

          Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • H huck1974

            It looks like all of us fans can get back to football soon. I am optimistic enough that I have booked a room downtown and purchased tickets.

            I'm a Dolphins fan. We visit a new city every year and enjoy the game and the hospitality the community has to offer. I can't wait to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and anything else you could point me towards. Please point me towards a can't miss really nice restaurant downtown. Any other suggestions on our stay would be appreciated. Wish you the best of luck this year.

            Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
            • 6k Posts
            • 221 Reputation
            Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @huck1974 said:

            It looks like all of us fans can get back to football soon. I am optimistic enough that I have booked a room downtown and purchased tickets.

            I'm a Dolphins fan. We visit a new city every year and enjoy the game and the hospitality the community has to offer. I can't wait to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and anything else you could point me towards. Please point me towards a can't miss really nice restaurant downtown. Any other suggestions on our stay would be appreciated. Wish you the best of luck this year.

            I have just one word, Swenson's.

            Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
            VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              For a genuine Cleveland experience go the the Old Harbor Inn on the west side of The Flats. You'll see everyone there from dock workers to boatsmen to men in suits, bikers, to hot chicks.

              For true "Fine Dining" I believe places such as Lola's and Lolita's are in current favor, owned by renowned Chef Michael Simon. I believe they are downtown. I cannot afford to go there, but maybe you can.

              H 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                @huck1974 said:

                It looks like all of us fans can get back to football soon. I am optimistic enough that I have booked a room downtown and purchased tickets.

                I'm a Dolphins fan. We visit a new city every year and enjoy the game and the hospitality the community has to offer. I can't wait to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and anything else you could point me towards. Please point me towards a can't miss really nice restaurant downtown. Any other suggestions on our stay would be appreciated. Wish you the best of luck this year.

                I have just one word, Swenson's.

                Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 4k Posts
                • 301 Reputation
                VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @kosar_for_president said:

                I have just one word, Swenson's.

                I miss Swenson's 🙁

                As far as fine dining is concerned for the OP Lola's on East 4th is good but pricey. The Tremont Tap House is also good for brunch and I believe that's on Scranton Road maybe. Swenson's is awesome for a quick bite to eat. I really miss their burgers and always loved the "balled" ice they use in their drinks. I need some SWENSON's right about now.

                EDIT: I see Gip is also suggesting Lola's it is good with a diverse menu but as I said above, pricey.

                AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                  • 14k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I remember John Q's being one of the better steak houses in town...it was My favorite. Im not sure how it is now. But I remember the size of the Appetizer platter alone you could make a meal on. its directly across Tower City on the Square. its a tad pricey from what I remember...but it was worth it.

                  Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • H huck1974

                    It looks like all of us fans can get back to football soon. I am optimistic enough that I have booked a room downtown and purchased tickets.

                    I'm a Dolphins fan. We visit a new city every year and enjoy the game and the hospitality the community has to offer. I can't wait to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and anything else you could point me towards. Please point me towards a can't miss really nice restaurant downtown. Any other suggestions on our stay would be appreciated. Wish you the best of luck this year.

                    DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                    • 28k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @huck1974 said:

                    It looks like all of us fans can get back to football soon. I am optimistic enough that I have booked a room downtown and purchased tickets.

                    I'm a Dolphins fan. We visit a new city every year and enjoy the game and the hospitality the community has to offer. I can't wait to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and anything else you could point me towards. Please point me towards a can't miss really nice restaurant downtown. Any other suggestions on our stay would be appreciated. Wish you the best of luck this year.

                    Swenson's is a hamburger place. The nearest one to Cleveland is in Seven Hills, on Broadview Rd. Between Pleasant Valley and Sprague Rd. There are numerous things to do, depends on what you are looking for. Come in a year or so and we will have a Casino. Come in 3 years, we will have two Casino's and numerous other things.

                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      A somewhat unique thing in Cleveland is the "A Christmas Story House". I know it won't be snowing, but if you like that movie....and who doesn't, you could go see the actual house used in it.

                      VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                        A somewhat unique thing in Cleveland is the "A Christmas Story House". I know it won't be snowing, but if you like that movie....and who doesn't, you could go see the actual house used in it.

                        Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 301 Reputation
                        VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @the-gipper said:

                        A somewhat unique thing in Cleveland is the "A Christmas Story House". I know it won't be snowing, but if you like that movie....and who doesn't, you could go see the actual house used in it.

                        I think it's a total rip though. It's something like 20 dollars for a walk through and while I love that movie, 20 bucks is pretty steep for maybe a hour's worth of time or less.

                        AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 9k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
                          #12

                          Places I like:

                          Seafood....Blue Point.....a bit further west....maybe a $25 cab fare, Pier W.

                          Brazilian Steakhouse....Brasa Grille

                          Italian....Osteria

                          Steaks....Cleveland Chop House and Brewery, Mortons, John Q's

                          Spanish....Mallorca (Don't confuse with Mexican.....a great place)

                          Cajun....Fat Fish Blue

                          Best bar with a great restaurant to boot....Johnny's....old school bar and restaurant....real bartenders, a 50's feel.

                          I have been to all and know you will like any of them. They all have my seal of approval.....and all have web sites you can check out.

                          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                          hoortaH The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • huck1974 H
                            • 13 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            H huck1974 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            You guys are great!

                            We are coming the weekend of September 23rd for the Browns Dolphins game. My seats are 109 row 2. I want to experience every NFL city and stadium before I die. Thanks for all your suggestions. Every big city has a lot to offer and good people (Jets fans aside). Looking forward to meeting some more new friends.

                            ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • The GipperT The Gipper

                              For a genuine Cleveland experience go the the Old Harbor Inn on the west side of The Flats. You'll see everyone there from dock workers to boatsmen to men in suits, bikers, to hot chicks.

                              For true "Fine Dining" I believe places such as Lola's and Lolita's are in current favor, owned by renowned Chef Michael Simon. I believe they are downtown. I cannot afford to go there, but maybe you can.

                              huck1974 H
                              • 13 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              H huck1974 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @the-gipper said:

                              For a genuine Cleveland experience go the the Old Harbor Inn on the west side of The Flats. You'll see everyone there from dock workers to boatsmen to men in suits, bikers, to hot chicks.

                              For true "Fine Dining" I believe places such as Lola's and Lolita's are in current favor, owned by renowned Chef Michael Simon. I believe they are downtown. I cannot afford to go there, but maybe you can.

                              Didn't mean to come across that way. When I save up and go on a trip, I like to do it right.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 8k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                What's this "Melt" place I saw on the Food Network?

                                I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                  Places I like:

                                  Seafood....Blue Point.....a bit further west....maybe a $25 cab fare, Pier W.

                                  Brazilian Steakhouse....Brasa Grille

                                  Italian....Osteria

                                  Steaks....Cleveland Chop House and Brewery, Mortons, John Q's

                                  Spanish....Mallorca (Don't confuse with Mexican.....a great place)

                                  Cajun....Fat Fish Blue

                                  Best bar with a great restaurant to boot....Johnny's....old school bar and restaurant....real bartenders, a 50's feel.

                                  I have been to all and know you will like any of them. They all have my seal of approval.....and all have web sites you can check out.

                                  hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 20k Posts
                                  • 5k Reputation
                                  hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @ballpeen said:

                                  Places I like:

                                  Best bar with a great restaurant to boot....Johnny's....old school bar and restaurant....real bartenders, a 50's feel.

                                  I have been to all and know you will like any of them. They all have my seal of approval.....and all have web sites you can check out.

                                  You talking the Johnny's Downtown, or the one on Fulton? Haven't been to the Downtown place, but the original on Fulton is outstanding. They even let me bring my own vino in, which saves a ton on the bar bill. Anyone from out of town would never believe looking at the outside that a 4 Star restaurant resides within.

                                  & Let's get the damn labor dispute settled, so we can plan on St. Elmo's in Indy. 🙂

                                  ballpeenB Kosar_For_PresidentK 2 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                    What's this "Melt" place I saw on the Food Network?

                                    Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 301 Reputation
                                    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                    What's this "Melt" place I saw on the Food Network?

                                    Supposedly pretty solid. I've never been.

                                    AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • hoortaH hoorta

                                      @ballpeen said:

                                      Places I like:

                                      Best bar with a great restaurant to boot....Johnny's....old school bar and restaurant....real bartenders, a 50's feel.

                                      I have been to all and know you will like any of them. They all have my seal of approval.....and all have web sites you can check out.

                                      You talking the Johnny's Downtown, or the one on Fulton? Haven't been to the Downtown place, but the original on Fulton is outstanding. They even let me bring my own vino in, which saves a ton on the bar bill. Anyone from out of town would never believe looking at the outside that a 4 Star restaurant resides within.

                                      & Let's get the damn labor dispute settled, so we can plan on St. Elmo's in Indy. 🙂

                                      ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 9k Posts
                                      • 2k Reputation
                                      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @hoorta said:

                                      You talking the Johnny's Downtown, or the one on Fulton? Haven't been to the Downtown place, but the original on Fulton is outstanding. They even let me bring my own vino in, which saves a ton on the bar bill. Anyone from out of town would never believe looking at the outside that a 4 Star restaurant resides within.

                                      & Let's get the damn labor dispute settled, so we can plan on St. Elmo's in Indy. 🙂

                                      Downtown.

                                      I am going to have to pass on the Indy trip. The Gators host the Vols on the 17th and I think I am going to head south for that game.

                                      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • H huck1974

                                        You guys are great!

                                        We are coming the weekend of September 23rd for the Browns Dolphins game. My seats are 109 row 2. I want to experience every NFL city and stadium before I die. Thanks for all your suggestions. Every big city has a lot to offer and good people (Jets fans aside). Looking forward to meeting some more new friends.

                                        ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 9k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @huck1974 said:

                                        You guys are great!

                                        We are coming the weekend of September 23rd for the Browns Dolphins game. My seats are 109 row 2. I want to experience every NFL city and stadium before I die. Thanks for all your suggestions. Every big city has a lot to offer and good people (Jets fans aside). Looking forward to meeting some more new friends.

                                        The guys on this site host tailgate parties. You can find the info on the front page. All are welcome.

                                        They do the cooking and all you do is drop a few bucks in the can and enjoy the company of good Browns fans.....no hassles....well, maybe a little good natured ribbing.

                                        Join us.

                                        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                        H The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                          @huck1974 said:

                                          You guys are great!

                                          We are coming the weekend of September 23rd for the Browns Dolphins game. My seats are 109 row 2. I want to experience every NFL city and stadium before I die. Thanks for all your suggestions. Every big city has a lot to offer and good people (Jets fans aside). Looking forward to meeting some more new friends.

                                          The guys on this site host tailgate parties. You can find the info on the front page. All are welcome.

                                          They do the cooking and all you do is drop a few bucks in the can and enjoy the company of good Browns fans.....no hassles....well, maybe a little good natured ribbing.

                                          Join us.

                                          huck1974 H
                                          • 13 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          H huck1974 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @ballpeen said:

                                          The guys on this site host tailgate parties. You can find the info on the front page. All are welcome.

                                          They do the cooking and all you do is drop a few bucks in the can and enjoy the company of good Browns fans.....no hassles....well, maybe a little good natured ribbing.

                                          Join us.

                                          Thank you. I will absolutely take you up on that.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate