Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. I Need Your Thoughts

I Need Your Thoughts

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
5 Posts 5 Posters 548 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hey

    What are some big summer movies you liked or hated?

    I'm gonna try to do a compilation if I get enough feedback.

    For instance Harry Potter?

    I'm on the island and can't get to a theater.

    Thanks in advance!

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Mr. T Mr. TM
      • 7k Posts
      • 184 Reputation
      Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Well I have been pretty busy this summer and have not had much time to hit the theatre, but we did watch 'The Adjustment Bureau' on Friday night.

      There were points in the movie that I was hoping Jason Bourne would show up and take control and stop all of the interference. But Bourne looks like he may have lost a step in his old age. But he did do well in taking chances and went against all odds while ......well you will have to watch the movie to see.

      Head or Gut?
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • W Westside Steve

        Hey

        What are some big summer movies you liked or hated?

        I'm gonna try to do a compilation if I get enough feedback.

        For instance Harry Potter?

        I'm on the island and can't get to a theater.

        Thanks in advance!

        WSS

        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
        #3

        @westside-steve said:

        Hey

        What are some big summer movies you liked or hated?

        I'm gonna try to do a compilation if I get enough feedback.

        For instance Harry Potter?

        I'm on the island and can't get to a theater.

        Thanks in advance!

        WSS

        A couple of movies I saw recently pal: Yes, of course Harry Potter. The only thing about it is that it seemed short..slightly under 2 hours. It left out some things from the book, but I understand why. Dumbledore's "back story" was basically ignored. It was prominent in the book, but from the movie standpoint it would have been a digression that may have seemed to get the movie off track. (So that is why I understood it). The one plot change I don't understand is that in the end Harry breaks the Elder wand in two and throws it into a canyon, where in the book he reburies it with Dumbledore. Grade: A-

        The other one was "Horrible Bosses". It was only an occasionally funny movie. Let's face it, the supporting actors, Spacey, Jennifer Anniston, and Colin Farrell, were much better than the three leads, Justin Bateman etc.

        The one thing I did like....and this is the dirty old man coming out in me, is the dirty sexy image that Jennifer Anniston had for this film. When she asks "when are you going to f**k me" and "I want you to slap me in the face with you cock" all I can say is: whoa! It is only a C otherwise though.

        hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
          • 64k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I need to cut and bale hay, get the weeds out and mulch the rest of the 1,000 tomato plants....

          We don't have a chance to go see any movies. But Harry Potter and the latest Pirates movie are tops on the list.

          We need a short vacation. Maybe the Smokie Mountains in Tennessee in August....

          My novel would make a great movie.... @@

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The GipperT The Gipper

            @westside-steve said:

            Hey

            What are some big summer movies you liked or hated?

            I'm gonna try to do a compilation if I get enough feedback.

            For instance Harry Potter?

            I'm on the island and can't get to a theater.

            Thanks in advance!

            WSS

            A couple of movies I saw recently pal: Yes, of course Harry Potter. The only thing about it is that it seemed short..slightly under 2 hours. It left out some things from the book, but I understand why. Dumbledore's "back story" was basically ignored. It was prominent in the book, but from the movie standpoint it would have been a digression that may have seemed to get the movie off track. (So that is why I understood it). The one plot change I don't understand is that in the end Harry breaks the Elder wand in two and throws it into a canyon, where in the book he reburies it with Dumbledore. Grade: A-

            The other one was "Horrible Bosses". It was only an occasionally funny movie. Let's face it, the supporting actors, Spacey, Jennifer Anniston, and Colin Farrell, were much better than the three leads, Justin Bateman etc.

            The one thing I did like....and this is the dirty old man coming out in me, is the dirty sexy image that Jennifer Anniston had for this film. When she asks "when are you going to f**k me" and "I want you to slap me in the face with you cock" all I can say is: whoa! It is only a C otherwise though.

            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 20k Posts
            • 5k Reputation
            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @the-gipper said:

            A couple of movies I saw recently pal: Yes, of course Harry Potter. The only thing about it is that it seemed short..slightly under 2 hours. It left out some things from the book, but I understand why. Dumbledore's "back story" was basically ignored. It was prominent in the book, but from the movie standpoint it would have been a digression that may have seemed to get the movie off track. (So that is why I understood it). The one plot change I don't understand is that in the end Harry breaks the Elder wand in two and throws it into a canyon, where in the book he reburies it with Dumbledore. Grade: A-

            The other one was "Horrible Bosses". It was only an occasionally funny movie. Let's face it, the supporting actors, Spacey, Jennifer Anniston, and Colin Farrell, were much better than the three leads, Justin Bateman etc.

            The one thing I did like....and this is the dirty old man coming out in me, is the dirty sexy image that Jennifer Anniston had for this film. When she asks "when are you going to f**k me" and "I want you to slap me in the face with you cock" all I can say is: whoa! It is only a C otherwise though.

            I just saw the Potter movie, and haven't read the books so my opinion is based on the movie alone. Agreed it's on the short side- when you're used to those 3 hour 30 minute LOTR extended versions. 🙂 Almost over the top on FX, though enjoyable. I'll give it a solid B.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate