Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Plaxico

Plaxico

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
15 Posts 13 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • stewartcj1 stewartcj1S
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    stewartcj1S stewartcj1 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I say yay...established vet and newly humbled from prison. what sayeth you?

    hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • choco chocoC
      • 4k Posts
      • 352 Reputation
      chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
      #2

      sigh....

      i guess ced benson would be a good signing as well, recently humbled by his 12th arrest.

      basing this line of thinking off a couple assumptions...eh?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • stewartcj1 stewartcj1S
        • 10 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        stewartcj1S stewartcj1 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        benson also plays RB, so i'll mark u as a nay...i am terribly sorry for poisoning your brain with my clearly faulty logic

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 14k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I say Nay!...

          Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 8k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Nay.

            I'm all for the newly humbled vet straight from prison. It's a good story, and it could prove to be a strong motivating factor in a person's play.

            But that won't happen with Plaxico.

            I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
            R brnfan16B 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

              Nay.

              I'm all for the newly humbled vet straight from prison. It's a good story, and it could prove to be a strong motivating factor in a person's play.

              But that won't happen with Plaxico.

              roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 1k Posts
              • 80 Reputation
              R roach wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

              Nay.

              I'm all for the newly humbled vet straight from prison. It's a good story, and it could prove to be a strong motivating factor in a person's play.

              But that won't happen with Plaxico.

              Let's be nice. The guy is a gun shot victim.

              If he can run a pass pattern, he's good enough to contribute.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Hunt Daddy H
                • 594 Posts
                • 72 Reputation
                H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I'm indifferent, but I'd lean toward nay. He's got talent, but he also shot himself in the leg? I could go either way haha.

                R 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • H Hunt Daddy

                  I'm indifferent, but I'd lean toward nay. He's got talent, but he also shot himself in the leg? I could go either way haha.

                  roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 1k Posts
                  • 80 Reputation
                  R roach wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @hunt-daddy said:

                  I'm indifferent, but I'd lean toward nay. He's got talent, but he also shot himself in the leg? I could go either way haha.

                  He still has one good leg. How much worse can he be than the crap Colt had to throw to last year? i'd have strict rules against loaded guns in the lockerroom when reporters or children are present. Safeties must be on at all times. Plus, i'd allow very little leniency towards 1st or 2nd time offenders.

                  Plexico would not be allowed to carry a firearm at all until he could clearly demonstrate that he would not get caught by his parole officer. i'd monitor this tightly. Everyone has their eyes on compliance rules because of the OSU fiasco. Our compliance officers should be the best that money can buy.

                  If you think all the overhead is wasteful because we're talking about just one player........That's were Vincent Jackson comes in.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • stewartcj1S stewartcj1

                    I say yay...established vet and newly humbled from prison. what sayeth you?

                    hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 20k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @stewartcj1 said:

                    I say yay...established vet and newly humbled from prison. what sayeth you?

                    I say the guy will be 34 in August, hasn't played since 2008, and was dumb enough to shoot himself in the leg. Pass, with a capital P.

                    Want Braylon back? How about Terrell Owens? Cripe, start suggesting a guy like Sidney Rice, and I may get 1\2 interested.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • slowburn slowburnS
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 116 Reputation
                      slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I am all for "come from behind" guys. While we are at it lets have a look at Moss. Redemption is a powerful motivator.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                        Nay.

                        I'm all for the newly humbled vet straight from prison. It's a good story, and it could prove to be a strong motivating factor in a person's play.

                        But that won't happen with Plaxico.

                        brnfan16 brnfan16B
                        • 171 Posts
                        • 4 Reputation
                        brnfan16B brnfan16 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                        Nay.

                        I'm all for the newly humbled vet straight from prison. It's a good story, and it could prove to be a strong motivating factor in a person's play.

                        But that won't happen with Plaxico.

                        I vote NAY. Don't need that distraction in the lockroom. He's coming up on the down side of his career. I would figure he would try to get back to the Giants. Either way let's move on.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 87 Reputation
                          WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I say lazy, and probably lost a step..

                          I would pass on him for sure.. He may have been deacon moss in prison but just another prima donna WR out of jail, minus the skill..

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                            • 4k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            NAY!!!

                            Mike

                            IN DORSEY I TRUST
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 6k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I just heard an interview with him and I would say why not...he might be 34 but he's had a couple years off and he truly sounded like a guy who was going to be doing things the right way from now on. I'm not sure he would come to a rebuilding team but if he was interested, I'd take him.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Crozone C
                                • 22 Posts
                                • 4 Reputation
                                C Crozone wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I'd be happy with adding Plax to our all-star receiving core. But, it has been reported that it's down to the Giants and the Steelers. Hopefully the Giants.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better đź’—

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                Theme
                                • System
                                • Light
                                • Dark
                                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Forums
                                • Recent
                                • Popular
                                • Users
                                • Donate