So Sick Of The Jets
-
Twitter rumors are saying that the Jets are restructuring contracts to make a push for Asomugha. That's fine but what gets me is ESPN's constant coverage of that team.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Big market team.. Its like the Lakers and Heat in NBA. Patriots, Jets, Giants get all the media love.
They (the Jets) weren't getting much love when they sucked. ESPN should change their letters to FRAK Sports. Front Running Ass Kissers. But they're unbiased in that respect- they were giving tons of love to the Cavs when the Traitor that will no longer be mentioned played here.
-
mikeyP72 said:
True. I remember you could tell some of them sounded like they were biting their tongue the entire time. When we played the Celts in playoffs 2 years ago I had to mute TV I couldn't listen anymore.
I hate national media, I always turn on Cleveland local when I'm in town. Living away is killing me.
I live in NC and the local media here does a crappy job of covering the Panthers. They are like ESPN repeats.
-
mikeyP72 said:
True. I remember you could tell some of them sounded like they were biting their tongue the entire time. When we played the Celts in playoffs 2 years ago I had to mute TV I couldn't listen anymore.
I hate national media, I always turn on Cleveland local when I'm in town. Living away is killing me.
I live in NC and the local media here does a crappy job of covering the Panthers. They are like ESPN repeats.
-
Try living in the NYC/NJ area it is a million times worse because of all the local attention. According to local media here the Brownies don't even exist. Losing in OT to them last year was absolutely horrible.
Try living in the NYC/NJ area it is a million times worse because of all the local attention. According to local media here the Brownies don't even exist. Losing in OT to them last year was absolutely horrible.
Well, I will put up the Browns history of success against the Jets any day of the week. The Jets/Giants/Pats/Yankees/Red Sox get all the run from ESPN simply because of its location smack dab in the middle of those 2 cities. And of course the Yankees and Red Sox financial advantage gives them a leg up on most other MLB teams which has been the cause of their success. The Pats have simply been the best run NFL organization of late under Robert Kraft and BB. The Giants are in all reality the most popular team in the NYC area. And the Jets, to their credit have appeared in the last two AFC title games. So, with all those people from our nations biggest markets behind them, and they being the local team of the National networks, they are going to get all this attention.
Here is a little known fact though: During the entire decade of the 1970s neither the Giants or the Jets made a single playoff appearance. That was the decade that the Steelers/Cowboys/Raiders dominated thus leading to their somewhat sustained popularity. Wouldn't it be something if the Jets and Giants went the next 10 years without making the playoffs?
-
They play the Deadskins more, had to go to watch the Panthers/Browns game at a bar.
I'm in the Tar-heel state too. Definitively hear more or just as much about the skins as you do the Panthers maybe it's different in Western Carolina but not down East.
I guess the JETS thing is just ESPN's constant front running that bugs me.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login