Skip to content

Bunkley Going To Denver

The Browns Board
16 14 1.5k
  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I disagree on the basic point Mike.....Warren had a long career.

    He was a bust here, based on expectation.....but he was a good starting D tackle for several teams for a good number of years.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Sorry Peen, but "big money" was a bust. He never performed here.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Damn thats not good why agree to not come to Cleveland and then go to Denver,they are suppossed to be as bad as us..I guess he must wanna see the Rockies or something.

    As far as Heckert you think you might wanna find out if the guy would actually wanna play for the team before you make a trade to get him??He should know what kind of character he is considering he drafted him.

  • Sorry Peen, but "big money" was a bust. He never performed here.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #8

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Sorry Peen, but "big money" was a bust. He never performed here.

    To expectation.....I agree.

    In reality, the fact he played in Oakland for a number of years and NE, where I think he won a ring tells me he wasn't a bust.

    Bust's usually go the way of Chump Thompson.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Sorry Peen, but "big money" was a bust. He never performed here.

    To expectation.....I agree.

    In reality, the fact he played in Oakland for a number of years and NE, where I think he won a ring tells me he wasn't a bust.

    Bust's usually go the way of Chump Thompson.

    htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @ballpeen said:

    To expectation.....I agree.

    In reality, the fact he played in Oakland for a number of years and NE, where I think he won a ring tells me he wasn't a bust.

    Bust's usually go the way of Chump Thompson.

    Agree 100%! Gallery is perfect example. If he was drafted in the 2nd round no one would ever say anything negative about him. The guy is awesome on the interior.

    Have a feeling some folks around here will quickly call Taylor a bust if he doesn't meet their stat line.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #10

    Word on nfl network is that bunkley flat refused to come to cleveland...

    We have to build a foundation from scratch that they can look at and envision themselves being a successful part of before they will want to come..

    Heckert has been painfully aware that the top tier FAs would nott sign here and even that trade situations could go potentially bad from day 1 now we just need to let him do his thing and build us a competitive team the right way...

    Correction:

    Bunkley reportedly went to cleveland and there was some concern about his health and then he reverted back to philly and was traded to denver..

  • J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Didn't Warren go to a pro bowl or two with Denver?

  • D daddybull1 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Bunkley wanted to come to Cleveland and was initially drafted by Heckert in Philly..

    Bunkley failed his physical in Cleveland and the Browns voided the trade and sent him back to Philly...

    The Eagles then traded him to Denver for considerations....

    Obviously he's damaged goods and our front office did their due diligence by requiring him to pass a physical by the Cleveland medical staff before the trade was made official.....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • S SiperBowl wrote on last edited by
    #13

    He probably wanted to play for a team where the owner showed up for the games.

  • T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Dude. He was damaged goods. He did not pass the physical. It had nothing to do with him not wanting to come here. He was here on Saturday reporting as he was suppose to for the physical. He then FAILED the physical.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Sorry Peen, but "big money" was a bust. He never performed here.

    To expectation.....I agree.

    In reality, the fact he played in Oakland for a number of years and NE, where I think he won a ring tells me he wasn't a bust.

    Bust's usually go the way of Chump Thompson.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ballpeen said:

    To expectation.....I agree.

    In reality, the fact he played in Oakland for a number of years and NE, where I think he won a ring tells me he wasn't a bust.

    Bust's usually go the way of Chump Thompson.

    I do not believe he won any ring with NE. The Pats last SB win was in 2004. I believe Warren was still with the Browns then.

    He was a bust in terms of how he performed relative to the investment made in him, both in draft picks and money spent. As someone said, if he were a 3rd or 4th rounder when he came out, and if he had been paid like 3rd-4th round talent, he would probably not be considered a bust. It is all relative.

  • @ballpeen said:

    To expectation.....I agree.

    In reality, the fact he played in Oakland for a number of years and NE, where I think he won a ring tells me he wasn't a bust.

    Bust's usually go the way of Chump Thompson.

    I do not believe he won any ring with NE. The Pats last SB win was in 2004. I believe Warren was still with the Browns then.

    He was a bust in terms of how he performed relative to the investment made in him, both in draft picks and money spent. As someone said, if he were a 3rd or 4th rounder when he came out, and if he had been paid like 3rd-4th round talent, he would probably not be considered a bust. It is all relative.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    I do not believe he won any ring with NE. The Pats last SB win was in 2004. I believe Warren was still with the Browns then.

    He was a bust in terms of how he performed relative to the investment made in him, both in draft picks and money spent. As someone said, if he were a 3rd or 4th rounder when he came out, and if he had been paid like 3rd-4th round talent, he would probably not be considered a bust. It is all relative.

    There you go...You said it far better than I did. Warren was a damn poor investment by the Browns, PERIOD!

    Mike