Hardesty Hurt Again?
-
They talked about him on WKNR a few mornings ago. A few of the guys who actually saw him in practice said he spends every day standing on the sideline. He did try running once, but immediately started to limp and grabbed his knee. That doesn't even sound like a guy who can run 10 yards let alone play in a football game. You guys need to keep saying we're set on RB with Hillis and Hardesty. From what I've heard there's a better chance of William Green suiting up at HB than Hardesty. Sorry to break it to you...he will not be a contributor this year and probably not ever.
-
They talked about him on WKNR a few mornings ago. A few of the guys who actually saw him in practice said he spends every day standing on the sideline. He did try running once, but immediately started to limp and grabbed his knee. That doesn't even sound like a guy who can run 10 yards let alone play in a football game. You guys need to keep saying we're set on RB with Hillis and Hardesty. From what I've heard there's a better chance of William Green suiting up at HB than Hardesty. Sorry to break it to you...he will not be a contributor this year and probably not ever.
They talked about him on WKNR a few mornings ago. A few of the guys who actually saw him in practice said he spends every day standing on the sideline. He did try running once, but immediately started to limp and grabbed his knee. That doesn't even sound like a guy who can run 10 yards let alone play in a football game. You guys need to keep saying we're set on RB with Hillis and Hardesty. From what I've heard there's a better chance of William Green suiting up at HB than Hardesty. Sorry to break it to you...he will not be a contributor this year and probably not ever.
I'm not ready to totally write Hardesty off yet, but like was said- for most folks, it's a full year recovery. Jamaal Lewis did OK after having a couple ACL repairs. OTOH, to my mind Carson Palmer was never the same after VonCheapshotten took out his knee.
-
Who's Portis?
Clinton Portis?
-
Hardesty should just hold up and get healthy while Hillis and Jackson carry the load this year. Obviously Hillis is a beast, a bulldozer and from what I have read Jackson is the lightning to Hillis' thunder. When Hardesty gets healthy then throw him in there along with either Hillis or Jackson so the opposing D has multiple threats to deal with in the backfield.
-
We need Hardesty this year... It would be a blow to the offense if he can't perform... I think the FO is banking on his recovery... Hope so
We are not banking on Hardesty, anything we get from him this year is a bonus. That's why we signed Brandon Jackson to really be our back up.
We are not banking on Hardesty, anything we get from him this year is a bonus. That's why we signed Brandon Jackson to really be our back up.
Brandon Jackson is not the backup. He is a 3rd down back.
-
They talked about him on WKNR a few mornings ago. A few of the guys who actually saw him in practice said he spends every day standing on the sideline. He did try running once, but immediately started to limp and grabbed his knee. That doesn't even sound like a guy who can run 10 yards let alone play in a football game. You guys need to keep saying we're set on RB with Hillis and Hardesty. From what I've heard there's a better chance of William Green suiting up at HB than Hardesty. Sorry to break it to you...he will not be a contributor this year and probably not ever.
They talked about him on WKNR a few mornings ago. A few of the guys who actually saw him in practice said he spends every day standing on the sideline. He did try running once, but immediately started to limp and grabbed his knee. That doesn't even sound like a guy who can run 10 yards let alone play in a football game. You guys need to keep saying we're set on RB with Hillis and Hardesty. From what I've heard there's a better chance of William Green suiting up at HB than Hardesty. Sorry to break it to you...he will not be a contributor this year and probably not ever.
This is literally the exact opposite from what I have been reading and hearing about. From what everyone is saying he is in there in drills but steps out with the trainers during contact. Grossi also said that he watched him doing drills and sprints and he never limped or crabbed at his knee or anything like that.
-
Use Hardesty as
1) trade bait
2) part of a package of Browns traded
3) as a "player to be named later"
4) as a commercial for the team's orthopedic surgeon
5) as a rb on the trainers' flag football team
6) and finally, if all else fails, let him be the back-up for Hillis. (Coach will really need to be careful where and when he chooses to play Hardesty. He only has one play per season in him and we need it to be a doozie!)
Jackson had better learn to be the backup to Hillis or the second back in the backfield with Hillis, because that is where he will be most needed.
-
According to an article in the PD by Mary Kay Cabot--8-6-11,7:13 pm: Hardesty ran sprints with the trainers during yesterdays workout and looked fine doing them...
"No, I'm fine, said Hardesty (fans) will see me back in practice.. They'll see me back in games.. I'm just going with the plan."
"They want to make sure I get my legs up under me before they throw me back out there. With the lockout, they didn't get to see me for 4 or 5 months.. They want to make sure everythings good when I get back out on the field."
Once again, the lockout is hurting the Browns more than some other established teams in the league.. The Browns couldn't supervise Hardesty's rehab so they're playing catch-up during the first few weeks of camp..
As long as he's ready by the start of the season he may still make an impact on this team.. No need to rush him.....
Peace
T.Dawg
-
The team is doing everything possible to protect the guy since they have a lot invested, but I am afraid he is damaged beyond repair and the team just wants to get their 3 games out of him in the regular season v the pre-season.
-
Yeah from what I have read it doesn't sound that good. Its one thing to have him sit out a day here and there to give him rest. But not particpating in anything I think he is done..
I hope I'm wrong...
Heckert gets the douche bag of there year, 2nd year in a row.
-
Yeah from what I have read it doesn't sound that good. Its one thing to have him sit out a day here and there to give him rest. But not particpating in anything I think he is done..
I hope I'm wrong...
Heckert gets the douche bag of there year, 2nd year in a row.
Yeah from what I have read it doesn't sound that good. Its one thing to have him sit out a day here and there to give him rest. But not particpating in anything I think he is done..
I hope I'm wrong...
Heckert gets the douche bag of there year, 2nd year in a row.
WRREBEL gets the biggest whiny douchebag of the year, 2nd year in a row as well.
-
I can't believe we passed on Starks and Dixon for a broken down Hardesty. I didn't like the pick when it happened and I still don't like it...
-
i'm picking him the browns fantasy league. i'm betting the guy does really good this year.
of course i'm being over optimistic but i know about as much about this kid's future as a RB than all you other dolts that don't like the guy.
-
He did ok last game. We don't need him to be the #1 back. We just need a decent #2 guy that can take the load off hillis. If he keeps healthy I think he'll pan out just fine. He seems like a good kid and is really trying. Give him a chance before we cut him lose. Who knows, he could be James davis part 2 but lets see what his does in the regular season.
-
He did ok last game. We don't need him to be the #1 back. We just need a decent #2 guy that can take the load off hillis. If he keeps healthy I think he'll pan out just fine. He seems like a good kid and is really trying. Give him a chance before we cut him lose. Who knows, he could be James davis part 2 but lets see what his does in the regular season.
He did ok last game. We don't need him to be the #1 back. We just need a decent #2 guy that can take the load off hillis. If he keeps healthy I think he'll pan out just fine. He seems like a good kid and is really trying. Give him a chance before we cut him lose. Who knows, he could be James davis part 2 but lets see what his does in the regular season.
You watch your mouth, James Davis was amazing. He just never saw the field.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
