Skip to content

Camp Concerns?

The Browns Board
47 19 2.8k
  • This forum should be called Chicken Little - A Place Where Whiny Bitches Can Come To Cry.

  • This forum should be called Chicken Little - A Place Where Whiny Bitches Can Come To Cry.

    @d-bone said:

    This forum should be called Chicken Little - A Place Where Whiny Bitches Can Come To Cry.

    What he said. But still this forum is no where near as bad as the Plains Dealer website. I hope to god no players every read the comments on those articles.

  • Looks like we have a couple of turds so far.

    Greg Little, cannot catch so he will fit right in with the rest of our Iron hand receivers.

    Jabaal Sheard, Cannot shake off a blocker.

    @mr.-t said:

    Looks like we have a couple of turds so far.

    Greg Little, cannot catch so he will fit right in with the rest of our Iron hand receivers.

    Jabaal Sheard, Cannot shake off a blocker.

    Come on T, give the kids a break- it's the first week of training camp. Sheard is going up against one of the best in the business in Joe T. and Little hasn't played competitive football in over a year.

    And training camp don't mean diddly- remember a guy called Ben Gay that tore it up in camp only to turn into a huge dud?

  • Looks like we have a couple of turds so far.

    Greg Little, cannot catch so he will fit right in with the rest of our Iron hand receivers.

    Jabaal Sheard, Cannot shake off a blocker.

    @mr.-t said:

    Looks like we have a couple of turds so far.

    Greg Little, cannot catch so he will fit right in with the rest of our Iron hand receivers.

    Jabaal Sheard, Cannot shake off a blocker.

    Everything I have heard and read about Little is that he has been outstanding in practices and scrimmages. Of course, I haven't read that much.

  • @mr.-t said:

    Looks like we have a couple of turds so far.

    Greg Little, cannot catch so he will fit right in with the rest of our Iron hand receivers.

    Jabaal Sheard, Cannot shake off a blocker.

    Come on T, give the kids a break- it's the first week of training camp. Sheard is going up against one of the best in the business in Joe T. and Little hasn't played competitive football in over a year.

    And training camp don't mean diddly- remember a guy called Ben Gay that tore it up in camp only to turn into a huge dud?

    @hoorta said:

    Come on T, give the kids a break- it's the first week of training camp. Sheard is going up against one of the best in the business in Joe T. and Little hasn't played competitive football in over a year.

    And training camp don't mean diddly- remember a guy called Ben Gay that tore it up in camp only to turn into a huge dud?

    I thought he won two Super Bowls?

    DOH, Wrong guy?

    I am waiting for us to get a player named Gold Bond.

  • This forum should be called Chicken Little - A Place Where Whiny Bitches Can Come To Cry.

    @d-bone said:

    This forum should be called Chicken Little - A Place Where Whiny Bitches Can Come To Cry.

    Hold up...whining and crying? I only restated (paraphrased) what has been said by first hand observers.....the dude is getting schooled. It may not concern you but that doesn't make me a bitch because it concerns me. Come here to WHINE about whiners.....see something wrong about that?

  • @hoorta said:

    Come on T, give the kids a break- it's the first week of training camp. Sheard is going up against one of the best in the business in Joe T. and Little hasn't played competitive football in over a year.

    And training camp don't mean diddly- remember a guy called Ben Gay that tore it up in camp only to turn into a huge dud?

    I thought he won two Super Bowls?

    DOH, Wrong guy?

    I am waiting for us to get a player named Gold Bond.

    @the-gipper said:

    I thought he won two Super Bowls?

    DOH, Wrong guy?

    I am waiting for us to get a player named Gold Bond.

    Is that why Sheard is having problems? severe jock itch.

    I will hold off anymore speculations until I see these guys in pads.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I thought he won two Super Bowls?

    DOH, Wrong guy?

    I am waiting for us to get a player named Gold Bond.

    Is that why Sheard is having problems? severe jock itch.

    I will hold off anymore speculations until I see these guys in pads.

    @mr.-t said:

    Is that why Sheard is having problems? severe jock itch.

    I will hold off anymore ejaculations until I see these guys in pads.

    You are? Really? How do you think they will feel about that?

  • @d-bone said:

    This forum should be called Chicken Little - A Place Where Whiny Bitches Can Come To Cry.

    Hold up...whining and crying? I only restated (paraphrased) what has been said by first hand observers.....the dude is getting schooled. It may not concern you but that doesn't make me a bitch because it concerns me. Come here to WHINE about whiners.....see something wrong about that?

    @htownbrown said:

    Come here to WHINE about whiners.....see something wrong about that?

    D-Bone (must like the bone) is the head of the anti-bitching and whining squad, that is until our record is like 3-11 and we're getting steam-rolled by one of our division rivals. you betcha he'll change his game then.

  • So....a 2nd round rookie is getting handled by a 4 year perrenial probowler in training camp. Damn, that is absolutely a bust pick. Heck, might as well cut him....

    Little is a waste....he hasn't picked up the offense yet, and despite a few great catches tiptoeing the sidelines in double coverage for td's, he's obviously isn't gonna get it done.

    A few weeks of practice should be plenty of time to be pro-ready....right?

    /sarcasm

    Jebus h christ....I don't know where y'all get ur info, but I've not seen so much misinformation on a single site regarding this team. Perhaps the long history of losing has jaded many of u....but if u think little and sheard are busts already based on camp reports (those I have read tell quite a different story), get ur head checked and stop jumping the frickin gun.

    Panicing after a week of training camp after a 4 month lockout.....only browns fans πŸ™

  • come on now. you guys should know that a rookie should be consistently dominating the best left tackle in the game of football. Anything less than that is a waste of a pick!

  • @htownbrown said:

    Come here to WHINE about whiners.....see something wrong about that?

    D-Bone (must like the bone) is the head of the anti-bitching and whining squad, that is until our record is like 3-11 and we're getting steam-rolled by one of our division rivals. you betcha he'll change his game then.

    @miktoxic said:

    D-Bone (must like the bone) is the head of the anti-bitching and whining squad, that is until our record is like 3-11 and we're getting steam-rolled by one of our division rivals. you betcha he'll change his game then.

    Agreed... Guess we should all form the same opinion and enjoy watching our team get whipped through this next decade.

    It's more annoying to read people whining about the whiners. It's a forum for discussion and opinions. Instead of calling someone a name, try refuting their claim with something of substance.

    And judging by years past and what we have now, it's no surprise many are pessimistic and down on the team. Maybe when we get a glimmer of real contender, people will stop "whining" as much.

  • @htownbrown said:

    Come here to WHINE about whiners.....see something wrong about that?

    D-Bone (must like the bone) is the head of the anti-bitching and whining squad, that is until our record is like 3-11 and we're getting steam-rolled by one of our division rivals. you betcha he'll change his game then.

    @miktoxic said:

    D-Bone (must like the bone) is the head of the anti-bitching and whining squad, that is until our record is like 3-11 and we're getting steam-rolled by one of our division rivals. you betcha he'll change his game then.

    @usfbrown said:

    Agreed... Guess we should all form the same opinion and enjoy watching our team get whipped through this next decade.

    It's more annoying to read people whining about the whiners. It's a forum for discussion and opinions. Instead of calling someone a name, try refuting their claim with something of substance.

    And judging by years past and what we have now, it's no surprise many are pessimistic and down on the team. Maybe when we get a glimmer of real contender, people will stop "whining" as much.

    Call me crazy, but I want to see, oh I don't know, maybe at least one pre-season game, before I start crying about how shitty we are, or start calling for coaches & players' heads...........Yea, stupid I know.

  • You crazy! You can wait until preseason to form your opinion. Just don't get your panties in a bunch when people have formed theirs from the last couple seasons. I, like you, will wait for judgement until I see them play. But I'm not gonna lie about being concerned that they're going to be a mediocre (or worse) team again. They got a lot going against them this year.

  • Don't get me wrong, I want to root for a winner as bad as anyone on this forum, but my expectations for this season aren't through the roof. I'm thinking 6/7 - 10/9 is realistic and as long as I see good game plans, good game day decisions, hard effort and probably most of all, progression from week to week, I'll be a happy fan.

  • @miktoxic said:

    D-Bone (must like the bone) is the head of the anti-bitching and whining squad, that is until our record is like 3-11 and we're getting steam-rolled by one of our division rivals. you betcha he'll change his game then.

    @usfbrown said:

    Agreed... Guess we should all form the same opinion and enjoy watching our team get whipped through this next decade.

    It's more annoying to read people whining about the whiners. It's a forum for discussion and opinions. Instead of calling someone a name, try refuting their claim with something of substance.

    And judging by years past and what we have now, it's no surprise many are pessimistic and down on the team. Maybe when we get a glimmer of real contender, people will stop "whining" as much.

    Call me crazy, but I want to see, oh I don't know, maybe at least one pre-season game, before I start crying about how shitty we are, or start calling for coaches & players' heads...........Yea, stupid I know.

    @d-bone said:

    Call me crazy, but I want to see, oh I don't know, maybe at least one pre-season game, before I start crying about how shitty we are, or start calling for coaches & players' heads...........Yea, stupid I know.

    +1

    Listen, I understand people's lack of optimism toward the organizations. Let's face it, there's not much going in our favor. New coaches, new systems, new players and a severely shortened window in which to practice. Having doubts is well warranted.

    But we're die-hard Browns fans for a reason. We're the best damn fans in football. We've put up with the constant losing and all the "rebuilding". We've experienced "The Drive" and the "Fumble". We've had our share of heartbreak, seeing the rat bastard Modell ship off our team to Baltimore. We've dealt with the bandwagon Steeler fans, the bandwagon Ravens fans, hell....even those bandwagon Bengals fans for a year or two. We've heard the jokes, the snide remarks. We've seen our fair share of HOF players passed up in the draft, only to land studs like Mike Junkin, Gerrard Warren and Spurgeon Wynn. We have been the brunt of nearly every NFL joke imaginable. Yet our fanhood has never faltered, our barks never silenced. Our blood runneth orange and brown. To see this ridiculous negativity with the preseason only 3 days away is extremely disappointing. Give the team a chance to suck before you start calling for people's heads.

  • I haven't seen anyone calling for heads or anything. My only point I was trying to get across was its OK people have their doubts and negativity. But when it comes game time, I guarantee anyone on this board will be barking and rooting the whole time. We're all Browns fans, but some as bitter because the team the love so much has been nothing but disappointing for a long time.

    I haven't been a negative Nancy but I haven't been over joyous either. I'm just happy football is back and I can root for my team.

    Just let people have their opinions and argue over the subject not that they are whiners.

  • Misinformed?

    "Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas is dominating Sheard in practice. Cleveland's coaching staff is putting Sheard, a rookie second-round pick, against Thomas to get him ready for the regular season. But Thomas is stonewalling Sheard at nearly every turn and had a pancake block in Friday's practice. Cleveland hopes Sheard will gradually improve by facing arguably the NFL's best left tackle." By James Walker ESPN

    "Sheard has gone against four-time Pro Bowler Joe Thomas on nearly every play in practice, which makes his production look meaningless. However, the reps against Thomas could accelerate Sheard's development process, putting him on the fast track to becoming a solid defensive in the NFL. His confidence level must stay high in order for him to succeed, because it can be tough on a young defensive end if he's getting dominated by a tackle in practice everyday. Eventually, Sheard will learn how to get around a tackle like Thomas, who is the cream of the crop at his position in the NFL." By Nick Shook Browns Beat

    Hearing people say Taylor is hard to move and stuff like that is encouraging. Stuff like this is not, at least to me.

    No one in their right mind thought he was going to dominate JT, which was my point. He's a 2nd round pick, he doesn't EXCLUSIVELY have to be dominated by JT to learn something. JT has been dominating guys for years in camp, where is all the great passrushers he helped along?

    I will say mentally he seems in the right place, which is the only optimism I can gather from anything I've read about his camp.

    I don't have a problem giving him an entire season to figure it out, but that doesn't mean I can't already be concerned.

  • yeah i really think that other fans calling other fans whiners and bitchers is a little overboard considering i haven't read a single post stating that (ok wrrebel saying he wants to puch holmgren in the face was a little out there, but...). we all as fans have the right to state our opinion. i know it sucks but a lot of times it's the brady vs. quinn, mangini vs. holmgren and mac vs. apple argument that will make people draw a line in the sand. i'm saying (when it comes to anyone here: bitchy or not bitchy) that opinions will change during the course of the season. that's guaranteed. i know that hey, "these WRs have really stepped up and showed us something.....wow i wish i hadn't been so hard on them this off season." "oops my bad."

    BUT when you (i mean people that can read and discern from reality to fantasy) see glaring wholes in positions that could have been addressed by free agency and then call the FO on it.......makes you a whiny bitch? who cares if you rent the guy for a year at $4 mil? at least he'll give us some semblance of a pass rush. "oops there goes mendenhall around the left side........15 yard gain on 4 and 1." "awww shit now i look like a dumbass for complaining about people complaining because now i'm going to complain!!"

    that's ok. let me know when you have to go down to rent-a-center and pay off your already used rear proj. tv because you just tossed your can of PBR through the screen. then we'll see whose bitchin.

  • I have no problem with discussions and people voicing their opinions. But when the same 2, 3, 5 posters take any and every opportunity to make smart ass, negative comments about our guys BEFORE they have yet to even take the freakin' field, is well.........Whining and bitching. Lets see the guys bust their asses a few games before we flap our gums at every single flippin' chance we get.