Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Roth Still Waiting... Surprise.

Roth Still Waiting... Surprise.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
28 Posts 18 Posters 1.7k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • KentLife KentLifeK
    • 41 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    KentLifeK KentLife wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Find it funny that Matt Roth is still yet to be signed by anyone. Even funnier is that Sabby Piscitelli was signed by the Chiefs before he was signed. Only team interested in him that i've read about is the Cowboys because of Ryan but I don't think they need him or have the cap.

    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • KentLifeK KentLife

      Find it funny that Matt Roth is still yet to be signed by anyone. Even funnier is that Sabby Piscitelli was signed by the Chiefs before he was signed. Only team interested in him that i've read about is the Cowboys because of Ryan but I don't think they need him or have the cap.

      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @kentlife said:

      Find it funny that Matt Roth is still yet to be signed by anyone. Even funnier is that Sabby Piscitelli was signed by the Chiefs before he was signed. Only team interested in him that i've read about is the Cowboys because of Ryan but I don't think they need him or have the cap.

      Aren't the Cleveland Browns interested?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • halfsane halfsaneH
        • 696 Posts
        • 49 Reputation
        halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I always liked him. He would make a good DE in our 4-3 IMO.

        He wants his big payday, which is no easy task at the moment. I think he needs to prove himself still.

        Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • doolox dooloxD
          • 6 Posts
          • 1 Reputation
          dooloxD doolox wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Roth should fire his agent. His agent seems play hardball and then fail epically each time. Carve out a niche and stick with 1 team at this point.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Crozone C
            • 22 Posts
            • 4 Reputation
            C Crozone wrote on last edited by Crozone
            #5

            Are we interested? I heard he sent an e-mail to every team stating that he would play for 1 year for 3 mil.

            hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • halfsaneH halfsane

              I always liked him. He would make a good DE in our 4-3 IMO.

              He wants his big payday, which is no easy task at the moment. I think he needs to prove himself still.

              Mr. T Mr. TM
              • 7k Posts
              • 184 Reputation
              Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
              #6

              @halfsane said:

              I always liked him. He would make a good DE in our 4-3 IMO.

              He wants his big payday, which is no easy task at the moment. I think he needs to prove himself still.

              Yes he would, he would also fit in well at LOLB

              Head or Gut?
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • CantonLegend C
                • 490 Posts
                • 25 Reputation
                C CantonLegend wrote on last edited by
                #7

                saints were reportedly showing interest in him to play DE and OLB in our 3-4 packages

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 87 Reputation
                  WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Roth wants huge money... he is the white letrell sprewell..

                  He is an average player at best...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • CantonLegend C
                    • 490 Posts
                    • 25 Reputation
                    C CantonLegend wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    he seemed pretty good over the past couple seasons. you sayin hes average bc he doesnt wanna play for the browns anymore? ive been pretty impressed when i see him play and ive mentioned several times on other boards that i think hes one of the most underrated players in the league

                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ClevelandBigDawg C
                      • 571 Posts
                      • 8 Reputation
                      C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      The "arguably" best LB on a bottom 5, 10 if your being polite, always seems like he is pretty good.

                      He is an average at best LB in this league. I am sure I can name off at least 20+ LBs that I would take over him. He is slow. Period.

                      C 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • C CantonLegend

                        he seemed pretty good over the past couple seasons. you sayin hes average bc he doesnt wanna play for the browns anymore? ive been pretty impressed when i see him play and ive mentioned several times on other boards that i think hes one of the most underrated players in the league

                        Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 8k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @cantonlegend said:

                        he seemed pretty good over the past couple seasons. you sayin hes average bc he doesnt wanna play for the browns anymore? ive been pretty impressed when i see him play and ive mentioned several times on other boards that i think hes one of the most underrated players in the league

                        Unfortunately, what you think means absolutely nothing.

                        But I bet Roth sure is happy that you think he's underrated. That probably helps him sleep at night.

                        I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 87 Reputation
                          WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I'm saying roth is average at best because he is. He is too slow to be a great lb and too small and slow to be a great defensive end..

                          I would say the lack of interest by all the teams in the league shows what he is..

                          He will never make a pro bowl..

                          C 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • C Crozone

                            Are we interested? I heard he sent an e-mail to every team stating that he would play for 1 year for 3 mil.

                            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 20k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @crozone said:

                            Are we interested? I heard he sent an e-mail to every team stating that he would play for 1 year for 3 mil.

                            Roth is 275 lbs, certainly big enough to play DE in a 4-3. Anyone know what vet minimum is these days? Yeah- he had a decent year in 2010 (his one and only) and now he wants to get paid.

                            What will work in his favor is assuming the injury bug keeps biting teams, someone may be desperate enough to pay him his asking price.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Gips GipsG
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 34 Reputation
                              GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              He is a very slightly above average player that wants to much money for his services, like braylon edwards if he wants to play football this year his agent needs to lower his overhead asking price and seek an incentive laden contract..

                              We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                • 3k Posts
                                • 241 Reputation
                                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                He is 275 and runs a 4.7, which is fast for a DE.

                                Ruining threads since 1897.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • choco chocoC
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 352 Reputation
                                  chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  He doesn't want to play in a 4-3....

                                  Read that again....

                                  Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • chocoC choco

                                    He doesn't want to play in a 4-3....

                                    Read that again....

                                    Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                    • 3k Posts
                                    • 241 Reputation
                                    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @choco said:

                                    He doesn't want to play in a 4-3....

                                    Read that again....

                                    I didn't say he did, I just said that the statements about him being too small and too slow for DE are false. I personally think he would do better playing DE than OLB, but if that's what he really wants to do then who can really stop him.

                                    Ruining threads since 1897.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • C ClevelandBigDawg

                                      The "arguably" best LB on a bottom 5, 10 if your being polite, always seems like he is pretty good.

                                      He is an average at best LB in this league. I am sure I can name off at least 20+ LBs that I would take over him. He is slow. Period.

                                      CantonLegend C
                                      • 490 Posts
                                      • 25 Reputation
                                      C CantonLegend wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @clevelandbigdawg said:

                                      The "arguably" best LB on a bottom 5, 10 if your being polite, always seems like he is pretty good.

                                      He is an average at best LB in this league. I am sure I can name off at least 20+ LBs that I would take over him. He is slow. Period.

                                      thank god his natural position is DE then right?

                                      hes going to play on a team that runs a lot of 3-4 sets.

                                      there are many teams showing interest in him according to pft including the saints, cardinals, and broncos.

                                      i think its funny that you guys hate on players that play in cleveland and guys that dont wanna play there anymore. whos left to love?....oh wait you guys always want the backup QB to play

                                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • WRREBELW WRREBEL

                                        I'm saying roth is average at best because he is. He is too slow to be a great lb and too small and slow to be a great defensive end..

                                        I would say the lack of interest by all the teams in the league shows what he is..

                                        He will never make a pro bowl..

                                        CantonLegend C
                                        • 490 Posts
                                        • 25 Reputation
                                        C CantonLegend wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @wrrebel said:

                                        He will never make a pro bowl..

                                        just because you dont make a pro bowl doesnt mean you arent any good or cant help a team

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 87 Reputation
                                          WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          But it does mean ur average at best...

                                          C P 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate