Skip to content

Roth Still Waiting... Surprise.

The Browns Board
28 18 1.7k
  • He doesn't want to play in a 4-3....

    Read that again....

  • He doesn't want to play in a 4-3....

    Read that again....

    @choco said:

    He doesn't want to play in a 4-3....

    Read that again....

    I didn't say he did, I just said that the statements about him being too small and too slow for DE are false. I personally think he would do better playing DE than OLB, but if that's what he really wants to do then who can really stop him.

  • The "arguably" best LB on a bottom 5, 10 if your being polite, always seems like he is pretty good.

    He is an average at best LB in this league. I am sure I can name off at least 20+ LBs that I would take over him. He is slow. Period.

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    The "arguably" best LB on a bottom 5, 10 if your being polite, always seems like he is pretty good.

    He is an average at best LB in this league. I am sure I can name off at least 20+ LBs that I would take over him. He is slow. Period.

    thank god his natural position is DE then right?

    hes going to play on a team that runs a lot of 3-4 sets.

    there are many teams showing interest in him according to pft including the saints, cardinals, and broncos.

    i think its funny that you guys hate on players that play in cleveland and guys that dont wanna play there anymore. whos left to love?....oh wait you guys always want the backup QB to play

  • I'm saying roth is average at best because he is. He is too slow to be a great lb and too small and slow to be a great defensive end..

    I would say the lack of interest by all the teams in the league shows what he is..

    He will never make a pro bowl..

    @wrrebel said:

    He will never make a pro bowl..

    just because you dont make a pro bowl doesnt mean you arent any good or cant help a team

  • But it does mean ur average at best...

  • But it does mean ur average at best...

    @wrrebel said:

    But it does mean ur average at best...

    not at all. the pro bowl is for the elite players in the league. there is a huge difference between elite and average which means there are a lot of players that can fall in between those 2 areas. matt roth is one of many who is a talented and versatile contributor that i consider a good player and clearly above average

  • @wrrebel said:

    But it does mean ur average at best...

    not at all. the pro bowl is for the elite players in the league. there is a huge difference between elite and average which means there are a lot of players that can fall in between those 2 areas. matt roth is one of many who is a talented and versatile contributor that i consider a good player and clearly above average

    @cantonlegend said:

    not at all. the pro bowl is for the elite players in the league. there is a huge difference between elite and average which means there are a lot of players that can fall in between those 2 areas. matt roth is one of many who is a talented and versatile contributor that i consider a good player and clearly above average

    He's average, face it.

  • @clevelandbigdawg said:

    The "arguably" best LB on a bottom 5, 10 if your being polite, always seems like he is pretty good.

    He is an average at best LB in this league. I am sure I can name off at least 20+ LBs that I would take over him. He is slow. Period.

    thank god his natural position is DE then right?

    hes going to play on a team that runs a lot of 3-4 sets.

    there are many teams showing interest in him according to pft including the saints, cardinals, and broncos.

    i think its funny that you guys hate on players that play in cleveland and guys that dont wanna play there anymore. whos left to love?....oh wait you guys always want the backup QB to play

    @cantonlegend said:

    thank god his natural position is DE then right?

    hes going to play on a team that runs a lot of 3-4 sets.

    there are many teams showing interest in him according to pft including the saints, cardinals, and broncos.

    i think its funny that you guys hate on players that play in cleveland and guys that dont wanna play there anymore. whos left to love?....oh wait you guys always want the backup QB to play

    Who says he doesn't want to play here anymore? What I am reading is that he will play where he can get the most money, here, there, anywhere. His devotion is to his wallet. If the Browns pony up the most, he will don the orange and seal brown. If not, he will go elsewhere where they will pay him a farthing more.

    Fair to say?

  • Roth seems to be one of those kind of guys who just doesn't "get it". He's a talented enough player but seems to wear out his welcome in the various places he's played. Is it ego? I'm not sure.

    I still think the Browns could use some of his special skills in terms of getting to the QB. His cover skills....well....

  • But it does mean ur average at best...

    @wrrebel said:

    But it does mean ur average at best...

    He's better than you are.

  • According to PFT the Jaguars signed Roth to a $3 million dollar one year deal.

    Don't let the door hit you in the v@gina on the way out!

  • Pumkin eater, he is better at what???

    I guess he is better at over inflating himself.. I would crush matt roth in madden and checkers..

  • WRREBEL you and the other guy are right Matt Roth at best is average period there is no arguing it don't let these other posters try to convince you the nickel is a dollar can't compare the two.

    But i will laugh my ass off if peyton hillis runs his ass over when we play the jags i am talking a monster crushing don't try to tackle me again bitch type of run over.