Skip to content

The New Kickoff Rule Is Stupid

The Browns Board
11 10 863
  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I feel like the rule is going to be changed at the end of the year. It's gotten way more backlash than they expected I believe.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Ya think?

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #4

    It's really dumb.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    it's honestly like they looked at the historical data from the last time this changed in the early 90's and just stupidly assumed the stats would remain the same too. I think they said they expected the touch back percentage to be close to 30% now, but mark my words once these kickers get into regular season form it's going to be around 55%. Kicker's legs have become exponentially stronger, I do honestly believe this could change right back come next year.

  • it's honestly like they looked at the historical data from the last time this changed in the early 90's and just stupidly assumed the stats would remain the same too. I think they said they expected the touch back percentage to be close to 30% now, but mark my words once these kickers get into regular season form it's going to be around 55%. Kicker's legs have become exponentially stronger, I do honestly believe this could change right back come next year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @jrb12711 said:

    it's honestly like they looked at the historical data from the last time this changed in the early 90's and just stupidly assumed the stats would remain the same too. I think they said they expected the touch back percentage to be close to 30% now, but mark my words once these kickers get into regular season form it's going to be around 55%. Kicker's legs have become exponentially stronger, I do honestly believe this could change right back come next year.

    Even moving up to the 35 I am not sure Dawson can kick it far enough that often to force a touchback. His kicks have usually gone to about the 5 yard line. Fair to say?

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Seriousy the worst thing I have ever seen. The nfl is getting over pussified that eventually I'm going to start my own fuzball league.

  • J jake24 wrote on last edited by jake24
    #8

    Absolutely xxxxen Retarded....along with no more 2-a-days...watching browns camp on STO in an interview fujita says he loves the new rule! are you kidding me man?? grow a set of xxxxing balls or maybe its because he dosent wanna go up against Hillis all day! Our fricking highschools still have two a days

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Fujita is also pro homo so that explains alot

  • D daddybull1 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I realize it's only preseason but it seems to me that most kicks into the endzone are being run out as compared to last year...

    Also, since the kicking team can no longer get a running start it sort of balances out advantages for both the kicking and receiving team...

    I'm in agreement that this is an unnecessary rule change but if you can break the 1st wave of tackelers you might see more returns taken all the way....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • J jwmann2 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    When has Goodell done anything that favors what the fans want? No more big hits, touchdown reviews, the Lockout, regulating Twitter. He's an idiot. Idiots run the country, remember that!